P&B Dead Pool 2018

Spain

38 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

First year doing it , selections in !

Oh the folly of youth. There are 2 weeks until the New Year!

Having said that, not one of my picks has come up for 2017 (including two centenarians) so maybe I should just STFU. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh the folly of youth. There are 2 weeks until the New Year!
Having said that, not one of my picks has come up for 2017 (including two centenarians) so maybe I should just STFU. 
Yeah I know , just had a couple hours spare at work and thought I'd try my hand at it . Probably gonna be too busy over the next few weeks to keep an ear out for fresh terminal diagnoses ! If I get a couple of hits on my first year I'll be happy !

Got a pretty solid (well hopefully infirm) 10 on the list, need a few to hold on for a couple more weeks but hard going whittling down the extensive subs bench. Some of this season's failures will be getting moved on, they need to take a long hard look at themselves. :angry:

17 minutes ago, The DA said:

Spent the day whittling it down to 17.  Possibly the most depressing Sunday afternoon I can remember.

Sundays are when I do most my research, watching football with a few vitamin T's and trawling the internet looking for the stragglers in the human herd.  

Learned all sorts of random crap reading up on the obit worthy.  

New year's eve is always a great day. Going through the shortlist that has been building throughout the year to narrow it down to my new team. Luckily It's one of the few days I have off over the festive period (the other being Christmas Day). 2017 has been my best year, death wise and I'm nowhere near the top of the table, insane.

13 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

New year's eve is always a great day. Going through the shortlist that has been building throughout the year to narrow it down to my new team. Luckily It's one of the few days I have off over the festive period (the other being Christmas Day). 2017 has been my best year, death wise and I'm nowhere near the top of the table, insane.

I too have been delighted  devastated by the number of deaths this year, with my team already smashing their personal best with six wonderful tragic departures.    I take a great deal of joy no joy at all, obviously, from my team's 450 odd points.

2 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

I've got 12 survivors from this year plus a shortlist of about a dozen. Also got a potential bit of insider info yesterday about someone who may or may not make my team.

Spoiler

I know when we’ll be alone with no witnesses

My list is submitted. Took out the 2 from my 2017 list who have died and replaced them with 2 fairly solid, but probably widely used picks. Hopefully none(I'd accept all but nothing less) of my other existing picks don't kick the bucket before the new year.

You would get points in P&B:2017 if they were in your team for it and if it's still going when it's announced. Otherwise, no you wouldn't get points in P&B:2018. A lot of posters submit reserve picks though in case some of their team don't make it to the bells, in which case I fill the team back up to 15 again from there.

Archived