Is the App fucked?

Scary Bear

Question

• Answers 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

The App isn't working on my iPhone anymore. Stopped working yesterday.

Same for me but only when I’m connected to my wifi. 

Working OK when I’m using my mobile data. 

Android users can try this link which is the latest version of the App, not yet released to the Play Store;
P&B Android Beta v7.1.34
If your device doesn't allow the installation of apps other than from the Play store then you can enable that using these instructions;
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/22616/android-allow-installation-of-non-market-apps/
Tried that and it makes no difference unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, Div said:

No issues with the iOS app that I am aware of. Working fine on my iPhone and iPad running iOS 11.2.

There’s an Android update coming out shortly that should resolve any issues on that platform.

I’ll also check to see if there are any outstanding updates for the software that connects the app to the forum and apply those tomorrow.

Apologies for any inconvenience but meantime just use the mobile version of the site in your browser, works fine.

I get this error message.

IMG_6903.PNG

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

Is this ever going to be fixed?

It's difficult to fix for a few different reasons;

The main one being that it isn't actually broken. There are hundreds of users using the App right now, across iOS and Android.
Having said that there is obviously "some" sort of issue affecting some Android users. I've not been able to get to the bottom of what is common across those users.

The second issue is that we just white label brand an app, it's not "ours". We don't code it.

As a test, if you are having problems with our App try searching for "TapaTalk" on your App Store, and download that and try and connect to our forum using that.

It's the exact same app but you might get different results.

Or, and this is probably longer term your better option, use the mobile version of our site using your mobile browser. It's much better anyway!

I've given up on the app and use Tapatalk all the time on my phone, now, same for BAWA.

This is my problem. The app we use is just a rebranded version of Tapatalk. It’s exactly the same other than the branding!

One works, one doesn’t (for some people on some devices) and nobody has been able to get to the bottom of why, yet.

Very frustrating.

I’m on a train just now and it’s working fine when connected to Scotrail wifi (which is a miracle in itself).

I’ll check home wifi again when I’m home later tonight and report back.

Working now on my home wifi. [emoji1303]

Archived