Scottish cup 5th round draw

The Mouth

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Disco30 said:

No idea would need to ask the boy that himself. Rumours are rife on this wouldn't believe all you hear. I would always want to test myself at the highest possible level I could. He could play top level junior lower level pro in my opinion.

Agreed. Best ams player in scotland i reckon. Wasted at this level.

Guest Mick Kennedy
24 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Surely there is no need to bring that back up.

We are talking about his footballing ability. I’m sure there are loads of players out there playing amateur football who have made mistakes in there lives. 

Let just stick to football 

I beg to differ. The poster asked why Knapp isn’t playing at a higher level. I answered the question and backed it up.

While you can’t doubt the guy’s ability, neither can you dispute his poor attitude and temperament.

So because the boy done something daft many years ago your saying that's why he isn't playing football at a higher level ? What a load of shite. Dunno if u know this but even professional footballers are no angels , some of them have done far worse than that. Bringing that up on a football forum when talking about a boys ability reeks of jealousy tbh.

I beg to differ. The poster asked why Knapp isn’t playing at a higher level. I answered the question and backed it up.

While you can’t doubt the guy’s ability, neither can you dispute his poor attitude and temperament.

I think this is a reasonable response to what was put up before? And for all those trying to defend him, why? What he did was put out order so he needs to own that. If you think that senior clubs don't take that into account when taking a gamble on a player then you're kidding yourself on. Would be a consideration for most senior clubs

I'm sure every club has a loose cannon in their ranks who should be playing at a much higher level , but whether it's work, weekends or filthy women haha they chose to play with their mates rather than go senior

4 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

I think this is a reasonable response to what was put up before? And for all those trying to defend him, why? What he did was put out order so he needs to own that. If you think that senior clubs don't take that into account when taking a gamble on a player then you're kidding yourself on. Would be a consideration for most senior clubs

He did own it. He did the crime did the time and now is back playing for the club that he WANTS to play for. To bring up his past and put that article on here is frankly ridiculous. We have all made mistakes and Keir is no different. I know plenty of amateur footballers get up too all sorts at the weekends and just haven't been caught. Also the incident, although not for a second condoning it, was blown up 1000% because of who he played for at the time and they were in the Scottish Cup Final. Lets also not forget that Hurlford actually played him in that match and the victim was asked to stay away. 

He did own it. He did the crime did the time and now is back playing for the club that he WANTS to play for. To bring up his past and put that article on here is frankly ridiculous. We have all made mistakes and Keir is no different. I know plenty of amateur footballers get up too all sorts at the weekends and just haven't been caught. Also the incident, although not for a second condoning it, was blown up 1000% because of who he played for at the time and they were in the Scottish Cup Final. Lets also not forget that Hurlford actually played him in that match and the victim was asked to stay away. 

The question was asked why he wasn't playing at a higher level. An answer, or opinion, was given that skelping your manager over the head with a beer bottle maybe could influence any possible senior club. I think this was a reasonable opinion whether you agree or disagree with it. As for the manager not being at the final due to court restrictions on the player I think there are more than just me that would question the club's decision in respect of that. Again just an opinion.

U need a life mate if u want to sit on a football forum n bring up someone's passed n u don't even no th ins n outs. Absolute pathetic human being with no life [emoji1589]

1 minute ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

The question was asked why he wasn't playing at a higher level. An answer, or opinion, was given that skelping your manager over the head with a beer bottle maybe could influence any possible senior club. I think this was a reasonable opinion whether you agree or disagree with it. As for the manager not being at the final due to court restrictions on the player I think there are more than just me that would question the club's decision in respect of that. Again just an opinion.

Was there a need to post the article though? The lad may well be on this forum and am sure it's an incident he will want to forget. Am sure you will have skeletons you wouldn't want brandished on an amateur football forum? Anyone who knows anything about the ammie game knows of the incident in question. I also took issue with you saying the lad had too own it?? I don't think anyone can say Keir hasn't done that?

Archived