Scottish cup 5th round draw

The Mouth

The 6th round draw.

Bannockburn AFC v Eaglesham AFC or Fallin AFC or Holytown Colts AFC

Blantyre Celtic AFC or Calderglen AFC or Goldenhill AFC v Tullibody Community AFC or Dalziel HSFP AFC

Carluke Hearts AFC or Douglas Athletic AFC v Milton AFC or Uddingston Anvil AFC

Glenburn Miners Welfare AFC v Dumbarton Academy FP AFC or Leven United AFC

Hurlford AFC v Sandy's AFC or Stewarton United AFC

Kilbride Thistle AFC v EKRR AFC or Oban Saints AFC

Letham AFC v Tillicoultry AFC

Maryhill Blackstar AFC or Drumchapel AFC or Tarbolton AFC v St. James AFC or Thorn Athletic AFC

Menzieshill AFC or Bridgewater AFC v Kettins AFC or Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers AFC

Pennies AFC v Harestanes AFC

Rothie Rovers AFC or Cambusbarron Rovers AFC v Yoker United AFC

Shortlees AFC or Cupar Hearts AFC v Mill AFC or West Barns Star AFC

Singer CFC v Alba Thistle AFC

St. Patrick's FP AFC or Shawbridge AFC v East Kilbride YM AFC

Stenhousemuir Community AFC v Ardrossan Castle Rovers AFC or Lowson United AFC

Strathmiglo AFC or Maryhill Thistle AFC v Lenzie Thistle AFC or Larkhall Thistle AFC

My guess for the teams I think will progress to the last
16 looking at they ties are

Bannockburn

Goldenhill

Douglas Athletic

Dumbarton Academy

Sandy's

Oban Saints

Letham

Thorn Athletic

Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers

Pennies

Cambusbarron Rovers

Shortlees

Alba Thistle

St Patrick's

Stenhousemuir Community

Larkhall Thistle

Most of the teams must be quietly fancying themselves. Very open this year

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offence to mick or the lads up there but I'm delighted teams like coville are out. It's gave the last couple of round a much fresher look about it where there now must be about 6/7 teams that are genuine contenders. I have to say having seen Shortlees Earlier in the season I didn't think they would get close to any majors but seem to have tightened things up a bit so hopefully now they can push on and bring one of them back to Ayrshire. A lot of strong teams still left and where I haven't seen many ( if any ) play this season, based on league position / form st pats and goldenhill would be my favourites I think

30 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

No offence to mick or the lads up there but I'm delighted teams like coville are out. It's gave the last couple of round a much fresher look about it where there now must be about 6/7 teams that are genuine contenders. I have to say having seen Shortlees Earlier in the season I didn't think they would get close to any majors but seem to have tightened things up a bit so hopefully now they can push on and bring one of them back to Ayrshire. A lot of strong teams still left and where I haven't seen many ( if any ) play this season, based on league position / form st pats and goldenhill would be my favourites I think

Taking care of business quietly and one game at a time.

Best we have played all season yesterday even with Keir struggling with The Aussie Flu

Guest Mick Kennedy

No offence taken mate, I’m sure not the only one to think that, some for different reason tho. 

We will be back next year trying to do it again.

I agree really open competition we have played against or watched a lot of the sides left in it so a few potential winners in there. Good luck to everyone left it in the competition.

I hope Shortlees have a really good go at it this season 

39 minutes ago, das scooter boy said:

Taking care of business quietly and one game at a time.

Best we have played all season yesterday even with Keir struggling with The Aussie Flu

Agreed, No weak links yesterday, playing with passion , discipline and hunger.   If we keep that up we have strong chance 

4 hours ago, josecc said:

My guess for the teams I think will progress to the last
16 looking at they ties are

Bannockburn

Goldenhill

Douglas Athletic

Dumbarton Academy

Sandy's

Oban Saints

Letham

Thorn Athletic

Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers

Pennies

Cambusbarron Rovers

Shortlees

Alba Thistle

St Patrick's

Stenhousemuir Community

Larkhall Thistle

Most of the teams must be quietly fancying themselves. Very open this year

Bannockburn, Goldenhill, Milton, Leven Utd, Hurlford AFC, Oban Saints, Letham, Thorn Ath, Bridgewater, Pennies, Cambusbarron Rovers, Shortlees, Alba Th, St Pat's, Stenhousemuir Community, Maryhill Th.

Great tournament this year. Fancy St Pat's or Pennies to win it though 

Took in the drum vs tarbolton game yesterday must say what a game it was good old fashioned cup tie played in great spirit but must say the referee was right out his depth dishing out 7 red cards 4 for tarbolton and 3 for the drum and a can honestly say there wasn't a bad tackle in the whole game no injuries or game getting stopped the ref didn't take into consideration the state of the park and the conditions the drum showed great passion and a steely determination that's been sadly lacking in recent seasons and r heading in the right direction under the new management team all in all a good game to watch a wont say the drum will win anything this year but have the makings of a decent side  

I was at this game, in my opinion only 2 of the red cards were justified. There was a few of the dismissals that were for a second yellow which again in my opinion weren’t deserved.
Great game to watch with both teams really going for it.

Heard that with Lowson getting to the last 32 on Saturday that this is the furthest an Angus team has reached in this competition.
I don't know if it's the furthest but it's a very well done to Lowson

Reference the Drum v Tarbolton game, the referee lost the plot somewhat. Two definite reds for fighting, although he missed one guilty party who lifted his hand. Two guys went head to head, so it was technically reds again, but they didn't actually headbutt each other, so he could have told them to wise up and get on with it. No malicious tackles at all but great entertainment.

Archived