The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

On the one hand, they could scoop £60m at the end of the season. On the other hand, f**k up the next appointment, and the clowns will be packing themselves in to the wee car by the dozen.

episode 2 car GIF

Edited by Kyle Reese

On 11/11/2021 at 20:50, J_Stewart said:

Quite simply, no.

In less than a week we’ve had two of the biggest returns in the history of Western entertainment: Pop music powerhouse, ABBA and Comedy Savants, full Banter Sevco.

Honestly, what a time to be alive.

" pop music powerhouse "  lol

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

In their desperation to be seen as uber "lest we forget" they have a way of reducing it to an astonishing level of comedy, complete with fake, cardboard cannon stuck on. 

20211114_174429.jpg

An old centurion recovery vehicle, which never had a gun.

In their desperation to be seen as uber "lest we forget" they have a way of reducing it to an astonishing level of comedy, complete with fake, cardboard cannon stuck on. 

20211114_174429.jpg

Sammy the Tammy leads and Rangers just copy!

20211114_174429.jpg

Please tell me this photo has been doctored. It looks like something by Jim’ll Paint It. 🤣

On 12/11/2021 at 13:16, AJF said:

Having your manager poached by an EPL team seems quite a low threshold to sound the banter years klaxon. Just my humble opinion, no hate plz, good day to you all.

Bad day , think of everything Sevco have provided for S G.

There was the situation with him not having the required qualifications , for Europe at least

4 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Folk find it strange that I can't stand  these mutants as well. They're all wired to the moon.

Nah, folk found it strange you hated people from Glasgow irrespective of their team.

Aye, I hate the other mob also and a large percentage of Glasgow's  mutant inhabitants  that cling to their sectarian ways. I think the molten lead idea into Ibrox the other night from another poster should be scaled up to molten lead over the whole city.

Try and stop the disease at source, or just for kicks.

😉

Have you been singing about being up to your knees in any religions blood lately? Perhaps youre that guy called Minority we hear so much about? 

@gudge1903  - a wee word of well meant advice.

The ‘I hate weegies’ schtik wasn’t all that funny the first time round. Continuing to whine about it on a multi club football forum that will inevitably have something of a Central Belt/Glasgow centricity won’t do anything other than exercise your blood pressure. Certainly (to me) it doesn’t make you look cool / funny / subversive or whatever it is you think you’re trying to achieve. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

@gudge1903  - a wee word of well meant advice.

The ‘I hate weegies’ schtik wasn’t all that funny the first time round. Continuing to whine about it on a multi club football forum that will inevitably have something of a Central Belt/Glasgow centricity won’t do anything other than exercise your blood pressure. Certainly (to me) it doesn’t make you look cool / funny / subversive or whatever it is you think you’re trying to achieve. 

Better not replying to him. The city that he so despises is the home to a fair amount of supporters for his own team 

I think it speaks volumes to the levels of camaraderie and joviality on P&B that, despite our constant haranguing of Rangers/Celtic and Rangers/Celtic supporters, the average poster is taken aback when an outsider pops up from nowhere and starts proposing the extermination of 600,000 people.

Give yourselves a pat on the back, reasonable and learned denizens of P&B.

Gunge - away and shite. They're OUR dirty *** and ****** b*****ds. 

Edited by The Other Foot

Advice treated with the contempt it deserves and my blood pressure is fine n dandy thank you 😁 Certainly wasn't trying to be funny or cool. I detest the place mainly due to the people if you can call them that. Certainly not heard a valid argument as to why I should tolerate the place. 

It's Scotland's answer to Kabul. 

It’s actually quite fascinating to watch. This is high stakes gambling at its Scottish Football best. 

Go back a few weeks, and Sevco don’t have enough money to see out the season, but they are top of the league, and favourites to scoop the £30-60m prize pot for first place. Celtic are mid-table, and everyone recognises it would take something miraculous for Hearts to maintain the form that has them up in the title challenge. All Sevco have to do, is see the season out without too much disruption, and they are in a secure financial position again, and champions.

A few weeks later, Celtic narrow the gap to four points, with a settled team who have found a bit of form. Gerrard has jumped ship to the EPL. Hearts are starting to lose ground as everyone knew would happen.

Sevco are in the juxtaposition where, the compensation for Gerrard halves their shortfall to see the season out, but potentially causes enough uncertainty and disruption, that they will lose their grip on first place. The same issue comes if they have to sell their better players in January. They would make the money to cover their losses to the end of the season, but it would cripple them in the title race, and the tens of millions guaranteed. 

I think they will gamble. It’s what they do. They will probably give the bigot tree another shake and a shady rich monkey with a dubious past will fall out, clutching a suitcase of Rand. 😄

Honestly though. If ever there was a time for the planets to align, and something miraculous to happen, it is now. A never before seen run of form by Hearts, pipping the OF to first place, would put Sevco in the grubber, and knacker Celtic’s financial advantage. Wouldn’t be immediately recognised as a good thing by many of the other nine clubs supporters, but after a few seasons of the league tightening up, most would them start to see the positives. 

7 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

You been singing about being up to your knees in anyone's blood again my left foot?  Would you be exterminating them as you release this religious blood you sing so much about? 😉

Can’t imagine a Hibs fan singing that song, likes. Most Hearts fans can’t even be arsed with it.

Edited by Kyle Reese

11 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Advice treated with the contempt it deserves and my blood pressure is fine n dandy thank you 😁 Certainly wasn't trying to be funny or cool. I detest the place mainly due to the people if you can call them that. Certainly not heard a valid argument as to why I should tolerate the place. 

It's Scotland's answer to Kabul. 

You’re doing a very good job at convincing people that Glaswegians are considerably better company to be around than yourself. Keep it up, buddy.

Edited by AJF