The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

7 hours ago, sugna said:

That's a new one on me. I thought it was simply that standard trick of data fraudsters everywhere, the suppressed origin, where a large common portion is subtracted from all bars in order to imply a greater ratio than actually exists.

But no, it's more fraudulent still.

The difference between 10/11 & 11/12 is 151, or about 0.4%.

The difference between 12/13 & 10/11 is just 96, or about 0.25%.

The apparent differences look to be in the proportion of around 2:1, with the latest year's sales being the bigger step; the actual differences are around 2:3. So even taking into account the classic suppressed origin, there is a misrepresentation by a factor of around 3 on some very simple data. No one who works with data competently and honestly would ever present those numbers like that.

Now, returning to the far more common suppressed origin scam...

To have Super Ally at the same level as the top of that chart, un-suppressing the origin for reasons of sporting integrity and scaling by the current year's jump, he would be hovering at an altitude of around 200m. Let's say the top of North Berwick Law. A foot and a half difference, on a chart the height of North Berwick Law. If I had any talent, I would have illustrated this with an image instead of mere words. Ally with a Jock Scott hoverpack.

You're right.

I've enjoyed that image before, but always simply saw the joke as the fact they only included the top of the graph, to suggest bigger leaps.  

Actually riding roughshod over the relative figures, even in those misleading terms though, just makes it yet more hilarious.  The insecurity towers over North Berwick Law.

Has the touting of Soccerball Bob, the Yank sports dude, been included yet?

Excellent thread and hats off to the OP.  Been pissing myself laughing at some of the monumentally hilarious embarrassments sustained by the The Rangers fans during the banter years. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of c***s.

Has the touting of Soccerball Bob, the Yank sports dude, been included yet?

Excellent thread and hats off to the OP.  Been pissing myself laughing at some of the monumentally hilarious embarrassments sustained by the The Rangers fans during the banter years. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of c***s.

Soccerball Bill Miller. No to newco, remember? :rolleyes:

See also Bill Ng.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is an understated feature of the banter years. Back when Rangers were Ranjurz, when they were cheating to have players outwith their means, nit many diddy teams had a chance to rub their noses in it.

With Sevco, most of the teams in Scotland have a story to share of adding to their humiliation. Its beautiful.

Yes.

A good example of that is that each of the three Dumfries and Galloway teams in the SPFL  features on this thread. 

In towns full of Rangers fans, the pleasure of kicking the club when down, has been exquisite.

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's a bit unclear, but I'm pretty sure that seat cover on the right hand side there is embroidered "The Gaffer".

Can you actually cringe yourself inside-out? Asking for a friend.

Great spot!

:lol:

‘The Rangers bus doesn’t do driving away.’

Have to agree with @HibsFan, the Scottish cup final 2016 was peak banter years. You can feel the seethe from Keith Jackson radiating through the following article;

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/every-rangers-player-pitch-attacked-8028393

If any other event has caused an article with this level of fury and blatant bullshit I will happily stand corrected.

Edited by St. Jude

6 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Let's go way back to where the banter all began thanks to Keith Jackson

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/craig-whyte-profile-the-scots-billionaire-1076110

Scotland's current journalist of the year.

I particularly enjoyed our first game in the Championship when Nicky Law, who had been booed all game, gave it a triumphant "roond ye" celebration to the home support after equalising in the last minute at Ibrox. Only for Hearts to go up the park and score. Hammering them 4-1 under the tutelage of Ian Cathro was also good banter.

4 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

Have to agree with @HibsFan, the Scottish cup final 2016 was peak banter years. You can genuinely feel the seethe radiating through the following article;

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/every-rangers-player-pitch-attacked-8028393

If any other event has caused an article with this level of fury and blatant bullshit I will happily stand corrected.

I assume I'm naive in asking if they ever printed a retraction and apology for that story once it turned out to be bollocks.