The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

35 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Minor addition to the Christmas number 1 capers. There was a bizzare feud with Little Mix fans as well

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2016/12/rangers-supporters-vs-little-mix-fans-is-perhaps-twitters-greatest-ever-rivalry/

Rangers definitely punching above their weight there.

28 minutes ago, nsr said:

I can't lip-read. What was Higgins supposed to be saying?

Me neither, but I'm guessing it was something like "Get it right fuckin up ye's and that fat f**k of a commentator as well".

21 minutes ago, nsr said:

How are this shower still going? Can they just keep spending money they don't have indefinitely?

Yes. 2012 showed that.  Scottish football and men in grey suits everywhere will ensure they'll never die, no matter how many times they actually do.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

£20m man Alfredo 'El Buffalo' Morelos must be pushing for being the man with the most entries in the Banter Years Chronicle

Do we have an official 'Hall of Banter' entry system?

I reckon Mohsni is right up there.

They should definitely be the first two inductees.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Kevin Kyle too for taking about 6k a week off them in the old Third Division.

Whoever offered Kevin Kyle 6K deserves an entry too

Edited by MEADOWXI

8 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Whoever offered Kevin Kyle 6K deserves an entry too

I don't think it was as much as 6k actually, but it was something like 2.5k.  Madness.

Ian Black would be a nominee surely?  Joey Barton too.

There would also be a good list of people from outwith Rangers who need higher praise.  David Hopkirk who scored the winner for Annan at Ibrox,  John Baird in the Challenge Cup final and Gavin Swankie for his double in a cup.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I don't think it was as much as 6k actually, but it was something like 2.5k.  Madness.

Go to 1.06.00, Awsome negotiating , went in looking for £700 a week came out with £2000 a week ,£1000 appearance money,  bonuses  and a signing on fee and that was without an agent. 

Edited by killiekranky

Rangers have now spunked over £20 million in transfer fees since their arrival  to the top league, they have an annual wage

bill of around 13 million pounds including their £35000 a week contribution to Defoes wages.

This impressive financial advantage has helped them to second place, 13 points behind leaders Celtic.

Kilmarnock have spent zilch in transfer fees since Jesus was a boy and their entire squad earn less than Jermain Defoe does in a week, they are 6 points behind Rangers after 31 games.

Perspective.  Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Gerrard in thought

Edited by killiekranky
Edited to correct poor accounting.

6 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Rangers have now spunked over £20 million in transfer fees since their arrival  to the top league, they have an annual wage bill of just under half a million pounds including their £35000 a week contribution to Defoes wages.

This impressive financial advantage has helped them to second place, 13 points behind leaders Celtic.

Kilmarnock have spent zilch in transfer fees since Jesus was a boy and their entire squad earn less than Jermain Defoe does in a week, they are 6 points behind Rangers after 31 games.

"they have an annual wage bill of just under half a million pounds"

I'd heard it was a bit more than that.

18 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Rangers have now spunked over £20 million in transfer fees since their arrival  to the top league, they have an annual wage bill of just under half a million pounds including their £35000 a week contribution to Defoes wages.

It would take just over 14 weeks for Defoe to be paid £500k if he's on £35k a week. Pretty sure he's been at Sevco for nearly that long.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Ian Black would be a nominee surely?  Joey Barton too.

There would also be a good list of people from outwith Rangers who need higher praise.  David Hopkirk who scored the winner for Annan at Ibrox,  John Baird in the Challenge Cup final and Gavin Swankie for his double in a cup.

Or even this guy, who mildly irritated them.