The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

The more important question is why the use of the word “supper” in a chippy/chipper is only acceptable parlance in two places: Scotland and Cork, strangely enough.
First outwith, now supper. I'm being to think the rest of the anglosphere needs some proper education.

Look at all the puss oozing from the weedgie scar on society 😁 

I'd like to correct an earlier point regarding the 600k people of Glasgow and molten lead. I'd like the surrounding areas to be included also (Lanarkshire, Ayrshire, Renfrewshire etc).  Sorry for any earlier misunderstanding.

Have a nice day chimps, some of us have a life offline.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

The more important question is why the use of the word “supper” in a chippy/chipper is only acceptable parlance in two places: Scotland and Cork, strangely enough.

I thought fish supper was universal.

Have done no research on this.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

I thought fish supper was universal.

Have done no research on this.

I ordered a "fish supper" on my first chipper/chippy visit in Wales and confused the manny. He eventually understood that i just wanted battered fish with chips. He then proceeded to serve cod instead of proper fish. Don't even start me on their shitty pies. 

1 minute ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I don't know that. I know u get an extra vinegary brown sauce sold in chippers but thought it was just cheapo brown sauce tbh. 

And it's shite.

The "secret" sauce is - iirc - Goldstar Brown Sauce (made somewhere thru the west, coatbridge maybe?) and mixed with malt vinegar.

So, one part of your post is right - it is fairly cheap brown sauce, but to make it properly it has to be the right one.

Not very banterrrific, sorry..............

46 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I ordered a "fish supper" on my first chipper/chippy visit in Wales and confused the manny. He eventually understood that i just wanted battered fish with chips. He then proceeded to serve cod instead of proper fish. Don't even start me on their shitty pies. 

Cod is a vastly superior fish to Haddock in both flavour and texture. Neither is remotely close to the fish supper king; Turbot.

6 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Cod is a vastly superior fish to Haddock in both flavour and texture. Neither is remotely close to the fish supper king; Turbot.

I've never had enough money to buy a monkfish just to deep fry it in cheap batter...but I bet it would be fucking delicious.