The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

1 hour ago, AJF said:

What did Rangers as a club do wrong mate? Win the league?

The team on the park won the league. Fair enough.

But a large section of the fan base acted like morons and put public health at risk. 

Making you play behind closed doors isnt punishing the team, just the fans. It wont happen. But it should, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

The team on the park won the league. Fair enough.

But a large section of the fan base acted like morons and put public health at risk. 

Making you play behind closed doors isnt punishing the team, just the fans. It wont happen. But it should, in my opinion.

That’s verging on strict liability territory which is a slippery slope to go down, in my opinion. 

I think the minter of the supporters trying to simultaneously claim that this is 55, while behaving like they've never won a major trophy in their history (which they haven't) confirms the banter years are still well on the go. George Sq gatherings are a new thing, aren't they?
I'm sure they had arranged a parade from Ibrox to George Square in 1997 to celebrate winning 9 in a row as it was a Bank Holiday Monday against relegation threatened Motherwell. Owen Coyle had other ideas.

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm sure they had arranged a parade from Ibrox to George Square in 1997 to celebrate winning 9 in a row as it was a Bank Holiday Monday against relegation threatened Motherwell. Owen Coyle had other ideas.

That tackle from Durrant for the penalty :lol:

22 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's some unbelievable footage, surely it's not Mike McCurry awarding a penalty against Rangers, at Ibrox?  Collectors' item if it is.

To be fair to him, Durrant didn't even protest. I'm not sure what that look on his face is though. Bewilderment? A slow dawning of what he's done? I don't think any referee could have not given that.

The commentator wasn't half laying it on a bit thick at the beginning. Richard Gough biting his lower lip.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

To be fair to him, Durrant didn't even protest. I'm not sure what that look on his face is though. Bewilderment? A slow dawning of what he's done? I don't think any referee could have not given that.

The commentator wasn't half laying it on a bit thick at the beginning. Richard Gough biting his lower lip.

Gough had to cancel his flight to America because he suddenly had another game to play.

On 08/03/2021 at 18:59, ropy said:

Cannot claim it’s a zinger but 

9F0BDF17-ADB4-49F1-89BC-E99B24620D69.png

Is Rangers winning the league a monumental achievement?

They were about 2/1 to win the league at the start of the season, surely anything at they odds is not monumental. Aberdeen the 3rd favourites were about 80/1, that would have been monumental.

Rangers are shouting about 55, emphasising they have won it more than anyone else, how can the team who has won the league more than any other be a monumental achievement when they do it?

The Scottish Premiership is a 2 horse race between 2 historically evenly matched clubs, how can one of the horses winning it be classed as anything but a normal expected outcome? 

The old firm have won the last 36 league titles between them since Aberdeen in 85, they have won 18 each.

This is a totally inevitable outcome and is as much of an achievement as England winning the ashes or USA winning the Ryder cup.

On 08/03/2021 at 22:24, Mark Connolly said:

That tackle from Durrant for the penalty :lol:

It's fantastic. Such an awful, ludicrous challenge to make. The f**k was he thinking? Also what was the keeper doing when it was taken? His 'effort' to save it was very poor.

8 hours ago, ahemps said:

Is Rangers winning the league a monumental achievement?

They were about 2/1 to win the league at the start of the season, surely anything at they odds is not monumental. Aberdeen the 3rd favourites were about 80/1, that would have been monumental.

Rangers are shouting about 55, emphasising they have won it more than anyone else, how can the team who has won the league more than any other be a monumental achievement when they do it?

The Scottish Premiership is a 2 horse race between 2 historically evenly matched clubs, how can one of the horses winning it be classed as anything but a normal expected outcome? 

The old firm have won the last 36 league titles between them since Aberdeen in 85, they have won 18 each.

This is a totally inevitable outcome and is as much of an achievement as England winning the ashes or USA winning the Ryder cup.

They've managed this incredible feat despite a conspiracy against them from the referees, SPFL, SFA, BBC and the Daily Record. If that's not a good reason to break seating i don't know what is.