The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Most of us will know Ragers who are full of expectation and self-entitlement, but who are floored at the type of setback which happens to all football teams. If we don't know any, then just look at the media and how devastated many of them are following the defeat last night.

The 'people' who put out that statement are emboldened and encouraged by the praise the club is given by the smsm, they think they are too important to tolerate obstacles that other supporters take in our stride.

How many times has your club enjoyed extensive press and tv analysis of refereeing performances after defeats?

They’re believe they are privileged.

3 hours ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

Upon further investigation It looks like the podcast is a parody by Celtic fans who probably made a mock up of a union bears statement.

Had me going for a minute tbf, wasn't that far off the wild statements that they shit out over there...

I wish celtic's fuckwits would cut this sort of hilarity out. 

I am convinced that there are maybe one or two seriously deranged actual rangers fans on rangers media and about 500 poverty fc lice hosts pretending to be. 

Over the last couple of nights, I've been spending more time reading Rangers Media than is probably good for me. It truly is read through the fingers stuff. For example; a thread discussing Dave King's mugging in Johannesburg contains this gem.

image.thumb.png.ad46f138d9b8b516a48c43f9f7b368a1.png

I have no doubt this lad's quite lovely in real life.

8 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Most of us will know Ragers who are full of expectation and self-entitlement, but who are floored at the type of setback which happens to all football teams. If we don't know any, then just look at the media and how devastated many of them are following the defeat last night.

The 'people' who put out that statement are emboldened and encouraged by the praise the club is given by the smsm, they think they are too important to tolerate obstacles that other supporters take in our stride.

How many times has your club enjoyed extensive press and tv analysis of refereeing performances after defeats?

They’re believe they are privileged.

Apparently it wasn't from the Union Bears.  An emotional apology on Twitter from TBITBBH to the Union Bears followed soon after.

I loved the tweet from Danny in that thread - 'Keep your chins up'. 😄

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Obviously looking for a good deal prior to an inevitable cup draw away to Stranraer someday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25824196

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has defended the club's decision to book his squad into a four-star [Carnoustie] hotel before their win at Forfar.

He said the decision to stay at the hotel, which is approximately 95 miles from Ibrox Stadium, was simply a question of "preparing professionally".  "We are still Rangers Football Club and have always attempted to be as professional as we can."

Edited by Hedgecutter

the Union Bears statement on the Bears in the Big Blue House thing (never listened to it tbh but can see why folk might think its a real statement, what with the aggressively staunch tone and factoring in the real statements that have been shat out by Traynor over the years) is a pretty textbook case of Poe's Law tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If it actually turns out that the “evidence” that’s fuelled the **** month long conspiracy song and dance is just some dodgy WhatsApp screenshots and a fake invoice made by a Celtic fan, then it’ll be an unquestionable top 5 event in the history of the Banter Years. One of the truly great comedy sagas in Scottish football history.

Fucking hell I hope it is. Will laugh so long and breathlessly that people will think I’ve got Covid.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s a Win-Win for me

Either Sevco have nothing and their reputation remains a laughing stock in the gutter for eternity or they actually have something concrete which gets Doncaster punted 

Alas it's nothing, Romeo has confirmed that Sevco has been played.