The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

On 09/12/2019 at 14:05, Karpaty Lviv said:

Think I’ve said this before but the opening post is probably my favourite ever on this site.

God bless you Sir ,  i had forgotten about this treasure trove of delights. Everything you need to keep you warm through the dark winter nights

You have to wonder if Smith would be so quick to take the credit should VAR be implemented and all of a sudden they don't get all 'those' decisions that they usually get. 

1 hour ago, Mr Pikey said:

God bless you Sir ,  i had forgotten about this treasure trove of delights. Everything you need to keep you warm through the dark winter nights

This is still my favourite line, even if it does involve a Forfar win:

19 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'd like to offer something missing from the OP: Their first league game, against Peterhead: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19203988

They needed a stoppage time goal to draw 2-2. I'm also pretty sure they were wearing training kit because the kit they'd turned up with clashed with Peterhead and they couldn't wear it.

Agreed, added now. Think I left it out initially because I couldn't find any decent match footage, but Peterhead's YouTube channel came through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5SMylx93jA

Var would have shown the goal on side, Var would have Morelos off for repeated fouling etc. 

Bears be careful what you wish for.  The way Sunday could have been funnier is with a few sending offs
VAR would not have players sent off for persistent fouling, and there has not been a single shred of evidence that the goal was onside.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
9 hours ago, Insaintee said:
Var would have shown the goal on side, Var would have Morelos off for repeated fouling etc. 

Bears be careful what you wish for.  The way Sunday could have been funnier is with a few sending offs

VAR would not have players sent off for persistent fouling, and there has not been a single shred of evidence that the goal was onside.

Romeo posted a pic on the match thread which proves beyond any doubt that it was a goal due to Helanders 6ft long arms. 

Romeo posted a pic on the match thread which proves beyond any doubt that it was a goal due to Helanders 6ft long arms. 

Have to admit to being wrong about the goal. 2 maybe 3 players definitely a yard offside. Poor from the assistant.

21 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Agreed, added now. Think I left it out initially because I couldn't find any decent match footage, but Peterhead's YouTube channel came through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5SMylx93jA

Good laugh there when Goian & Bocanegra get turned inside out by a plumber for Peterhead's first goal.

Edited by Hedgecutter

43 minutes ago, The Marly said:
15 hours ago, bennett said:

It was a goal because the ref said it was a goal. Yer team has still won f**k all.

At least there have been some blue ribbons on a major trophy of late I suppose:

JS36868581.jpg

JS64887276.jpg

1214633_1.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I take issue with the thread title (chronicle not chronicles, Shirley) today is the fifth anniversary of our winter of discount tent and it's better I mark it rather than one of the diddy horde...

Edited by The_Kincardine