The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

On 14/03/2019 at 08:11, Snafu said:

It was EST rather than a lobotomy in the film.

McMurphy received EST but also a lobotomy at the end of the movie.

This led to Big Chief Bromden putting him out of his misery, thus letting him die with dignity rather than live on as a lumbering, slabbering shadow of his former self.

Perhaps they should have let the Chief draw up the Five Way Agreement.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

That pathetic (and hilarious) BBC protest needs an honourable mention on the list IMO.

Good point, will add it now.

ETA - As it's a lazy Sunday for me, I'm going to go through the list and provide links for everything, just so there's evidence for everyone to enjoy.

Edited by HibsFan

ETA - As it's a lazy Sunday for me, I'm going to go through the list and provide links for everything, just so there's evidence for everyone to enjoy.

All good except from the Niederkorn video not working. Video removed supposedly.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

All good except from the Niederkorn video not working. Video removed supposedly.

Yep, have amended. Also added a link for every single entry now, none of which will hopefully be taken down any time soon.

ETA - every game I've mentioned has match highlights of some description linked. The ones from a few years back are usually of worse quality, but it's still something for everyone to look back and smile on. I had a very fun hour going through and doing that. :lol:

Edited by HibsFan

5 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

That's just a thing of beauty. 

Was that the game where the programme effectively said "We're shite and we know we are, so good luck to Rangers in the next round 'cos there's no way we're ever going to beat them"?

20 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Was that the game where the programme effectively said "We're shite and we know we are, so good luck to Rangers in the next round 'cos there's no way we're ever going to beat them"?

Yes. There's a picture of said programme article in this thread

Just been re-reading this thread and can I just say that it’s life-affirming beauty is truly wondrous.
In fact, GP’s should just write the URL of the Banter Years onto the prescriptions of patients suffering from depression, it’s guaranteed to cure their ‘blues’ 🤣 and save the NHS a fortune.......
Huge shoutout to Mon Dieu/HibsFan and all other contributors for this awesome work.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

The funny thing is, that even if sevco win the next 10 league titles, Scottish cups and league cups...

The utter humiliation in the banter years since they started again from the dead (yes they died) will still be worth it

Cant wait for the film....