The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
22 hours ago, Illgresi said:
Why not? They're vile, sub-human scum. Every single one of them. And their club is a blight, not just on Scottish football, but on Scottish society.
Novichok is too good for them.

Get with the program sir. Novichok is fucking shite.

Care to review this opinion in light of today's events?

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Care to review this opinion in light of today's events?

Not really. As far as weaponised nerve agents go, a death rate of 1 in 4 is quite poor. 

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

Because they're not as petty and paranoid as Rangers?

Really Gordon?  The chairman of the SPFL is also being paid by the largest shareholders of one of the SPFL's clubs and you call it petty?

The other clubs are just doing what they normally and that's cower behind Celtic or face the wrath.  Shifty, being in the position he is in, has clear potential for a conflict of interest and it's to the demerit of the diddies that they write this off as, "petty and paranoid".  

Decent article from Chris Jack here:  http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16340933.chris-jack-questions-over-murdoch-maclennan-are-key-for-all-clubs-and-not-just-rangers/#comments-anchor

"Rangers may be leading the calls for MacLennan’s head due to his business links with two Celtic powerbrokers but the issues over his position should be looked at by clubs across the country."

I'm not calling for MacLennan to step down but it really must be looked at by an independent group.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Guest Moomintroll

I am just astonished that given the fact that any sentient being is aware of the levels of paranoia and whataboutery that exists between the arse cheeks and their acolytes, that the SPFL did not do their due diligence and see this shitstorm coming. Then again, given their track record, this is business as usual.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The other clubs are just doing what they normally and that's cower behind Celtic or face the wrath.

Jesus wept.

This is the sort of shit I am talking about, this entrenched "us vs them"/"if you're not with us, you're against us" attitude. Doesn't it just tire you out?

37 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I am just astonished that given the fact that any sentient being is aware of the levels of paranoia and whataboutery that exists between the arse cheeks and their acolytes, that the SPFL did not do their due diligence and see this shitstorm coming. Then again, given their track record, this is business as usual.

The timeline, young Moomsy, is that Shifty became SPFL Chairman and THEN took the Desmond shilling so there was nothing to foresee.

The two major issues then become, a. is he right to chair the SPFL whilst in the pay of Celtic's major shareholders and b. did he disclose his obvious conflict of interest in a timely manner.

I can't see anyone objecting to this being looked at.

11 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Jesus wept.

This is the sort of shit I am talking about, this entrenched "us vs them"/"if you're not with us, you're against us" attitude. Doesn't it just tire you out?

We all know that your club love the Celtic bawbee (that was a generous spelling of the word ;) )

Are you comfortable that the chairman of the SPFL is also being paid by the largest shareholders of one of the SPFL's clubs?

Guest Moomintroll
We all know that your club love the Celtic bawbee (that was a generous spelling of the word [emoji6] )
Are you comfortable that the chairman of the SPFL is also being paid by the largest shareholders of one of the SPFL's clubs?
To be quite honest, I am not aware of the timeline as I don't care. That said however, if the guy I had never heard of was given a position on the board of a company where the majority owners are also the majority owners of Celtic, then that is an issue with regards to corporate governance.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We all know that your club love the Celtic bawbee (that was a generous spelling of the word ;) )

There you go again. It must get tiring having to create some sort of agenda at every turn.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Are you comfortable that the chairman of the SPFL is also being paid by the largest shareholders of one of the SPFL's clubs

Let me reply with two answers.

1) If you can show actual evidence of a disadvantage due to this situation then I'd be less comfortable. If you are asking me if there is a "soft bias" rather than tangible then I'd say you are right, but I'd also say that this situation has always existed and that flips and flops over time. Sometimes in favour of Rangers sometimes in favour of Celtic. This is the nature of the game in our country due to the relative size of both clubs.

2) I've seen my club get the shitty end of the stick from the governing body quite a few times. What he haven't done is claim the whole of Scottish football has an agenda and is in some way trying to punish us. What's more I've seen both sides of the OF, from a provincial club perspective, ride rough shod over the will of many smaller clubs.

The Chair(man) is meant to be neutral, not a representative of of one particular club, Celtic. He should have highlighted his potential conflict of interest to his new employers. If he didn't, he should be fired. If he did highlight it ( and I would guess that he has ), then this should have been clearly and formally and directly brought to the attantion of those who had a vote in deciding to hire him. Either way he will have to go. 

Now, the whataboutery bit. Yes, I also can't understand how Glib and Shameless is not deemed to be in control of Rangers and deemed not fit and proper. They managed to tackle Vlad after all. However, at least the courts are at last dealing with some aspects of Glib's rule breaking. But for the rest of Scottish football that is not Celtic or Rangers, it is not okay that Celtic can get away with some sh1t just because Rangers got away with some shit because Celtic got away with some sh1t because Rangers got away with some sh1t....ad infinitum. Grow a pair and treat them as just 2 member clubs.

So why does nobody except Rangers care about this?

Probs because every club outside the OF are used to getting shafted as also rans, over the last 30 years.

The phrase best of the rest comes to mind.

From a business sense, financially, there can only be one winner (big club) in Scotland. Who ever is dominating, the other is a whinging paranoid fecking basket case.

Thank god religion has feck all to do with it.

11 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

1) If you can show actual evidence of a disadvantage due to this situation then I'd be less comfortable.

He has a point, to be fair. We all remember the SFA bending over backwards to give Brechin City every advantage they could when David Will was VP.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

He has a point, to be fair. We all remember the SFA bending over backwards to give Brechin City every advantage they could when David Will was VP.

I think it would be daft to deny bias, there has always been bias, whether that is pro Rangers, pro Celtic or just pro OF in general.

What gets me is the complete disregard these clubs have for processes and procedures when it benefits them compared to the *autistic_screeching* we get from them when they feel slighted, even in the most casual way.

On 7/9/2018 at 22:00, Buddist Monk said:

There you go again. It must get tiring having to create some sort of agenda at every turn.

Let me reply with two answers.

1) If you can show actual evidence of a disadvantage due to this situation then I'd be less comfortable. If you are asking me if there is a "soft bias" rather than tangible then I'd say you are right, but I'd also say that this situation has always existed and that flips and flops over time. Sometimes in favour of Rangers sometimes in favour of Celtic. This is the nature of the game in our country due to the relative size of both clubs.

2) I've seen my club get the shitty end of the stick from the governing body quite a few times. What he haven't done is claim the whole of Scottish football has an agenda and is in some way trying to punish us. What's more I've seen both sides of the OF, from a provincial club perspective, ride rough shod over the will of many smaller clubs.

If I could have given this two Charles, I would have.

Some fans don't seem to be able to get their heads round the fact that not everyone in a position of power will abuse it.

Try finding anyone interested in being SPFL Chairman who doesn't support an SPFL team. Every chairman to date has supported one team or another.  Should they all have stepped down in favour of my Aunt Betty who hates football?

10 minutes ago, The DA said:

If I could have given this two Charles, I would have.

Some fans don't seem to be able to get their heads round the fact that not everyone in a position of power will abuse it.

Try finding anyone interested in being SPFL Chairman who doesn't support an SPFL team. Every chairman to date has supported one team or another.  Should they all have stepped down in favour of my Aunt Betty who hates football?

That depends.

What school did she go to?