The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Following a court ruling, King has to submit an £11m offer to buy out other shareholders, offering investors 20p per share for the share capital not already controlled by him and three partners.

And King said: "Two weeks ago the Takeover Panel said they were unhappy with the funds being held in South Africa and they would like them to be relocated to the UK to be held in a UK bank account in sterling.

"I said that would require an extension of the offer because I can't get the money into the UK, open a bank account and get the various KYC (know your customer) things you have to do with the banks to make the deadline, and they didn't grant the extension. So that is where we are now.

"I have gone back to them and I said I will take that under review. It makes no difference to the funding or ownership of the football club.

"I said, 'let's accept the Takeover Panel will not be resolved in the next couple of weeks, let's go ahead with the rights issue as it is with the restrictions I have in participating'."

And King says he will increase his personal investment in the club.

"I have to do that, I have already done that, in advance of next season," he said. "Because we continue to run at a deficit, deliberately, we have to satisfy the licensing authorities, the SFA, Uefa, that you have sufficient funds to fund your deficit.

"So we have had to give cash guarantees in advance of next season. So whether we raised money in a rights issue or not, we are in for the money, I am in for the money, I am underpinning the cash. The club is fully funded for next season."

:thumsup2

16 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Ah, nice to see Kerry get a mention on P&B again.
Still very much in our hearts.

She has truly captured the nations sweetheart role vacated when MI5 killed Diana

“Dick Advocaat said they would never, ever catch up but I think it lasted 11 minutes into the next game we played against them when we went 3-0 down. They caught up and then went past us because Martin O’Neill came in and figured out a different way to do it."

Martin O'Neill spent a fortune.

53 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

“Dick Advocaat said they would never, ever catch up but I think it lasted 11 minutes into the next game we played against them when we went 3-0 down. They caught up and then went past us because Martin O’Neill came in and figured out a different way to do it."

Well he did, but it was mostly after the game King is talking about (the 6-2 in August 2000).

Of the Celtic team that day, the only players that O'Neill had brought in at significant cost were Valgaeren and Sutton. Which was mostly funded by selling Viduka.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

His net spend was about 20 odd million over 5 years. Not to be sniffed at but not exactly a fortune for a club of our size.

Assuming Gerrardiola is capable of a bit of mental analysis, after dissecting this latest omnishambles from King (which has Jabba’s flipperprints all over it- no feckin’ way did King come up with that by himself), he should be drafting out his statement of “I’m A Non-Entity - Get Me Out Of Here” toute de suite.
Hopefully the TOP will be all over King like a rash, as should the SPFL/SFA. Any other club chairman who basically announced that his club was broke would be hauled over the coals. Let’s see if Mr. Maxwell possesses a pair of testicles.
All banteresque levity aside, Sevco’s antics over the piece are really making a c*nt of the Scottish game at a time when most clubs have their house in order and things are on the up.
They can’t die quickly enough, IMHO.

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Aside from the £6m on Sutton and £3.5m on Valgaeren he hadn't spent much at that point. He was, however, able to call upon the likes of Larsson, Moravcik, Mjallby, Lambert, Stubbs, McNamara and Boyd, all players who were far far better than anything Rangers have at the moment.

If O'Neill had come into a squad as poor as the current Rangers one he'd have had next to no chance of competing with Advocaat.

12 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Always a good point bringing up VAT, the oft forgotten (and proportionatly hefty) business cost. Also the 'other stuff that costs money' that never gets factored into any equation takes up plenty of cash but is never given any consideration. I'm sure Ibrox doesn't run itself for free, for example. 

the business doesn't pay the VAT on sales, the customer does.

The business just collects it and usually pays it over to the crown.The previous incarnation forgot the last bit.

3 hours ago, scottxs said:

In a wide-ranging interview, King also labelled the Takeover Panel “bullies” in his ongoing row surrounding his battle to win control of the club three years ago.

Is that newspaper speak for 'Rambling like a skelly-eyed drunk SA Baboon'?