The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

28 minutes ago, GordonS said:

So what's the league table of quality wind-ups in the Banter Years? I'm not immersed in this but I'd say:

1. Hibs. The real secret to their trolling is that they've not done anything for the purpose of winding Rangers up at all, it's just really great luck that it keeps working out that way.

2. Dundee Utd. Kings of the early years. The boycotted cup tie at Tannadice. That semi final at Ibrox. Good times.

3. Motherwell. 

4. Raith Rovers, because of Turnbull Hutton's integrity, and the Challenge Cup win.

5. Celtic, but only for the on-field humiliations.

6. Stirling Albion for beating them while their manager was at a wedding. 

Anyone else?

Alloa for always cheating.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

So what's the league table of quality wind-ups in the Banter Years? I'm not immersed in this but I'd say:

1. Hibs. The real secret to their trolling is that they've not done anything for the purpose of winding Rangers up at all, it's just really great luck that it keeps working out that way.

2. Dundee Utd. Kings of the early years. The boycotted cup tie at Tannadice. That semi final at Ibrox. Good times.

3. Motherwell. 

4. Raith Rovers, because of Turnbull Hutton's integrity, and the Challenge Cup win.

Anyone else?

There is this......

20180426_235244.jpg

I'd imagine a statement denying SC's knockback will be concomitant..... 

Edited by C4mmy31

15 hours ago, Al B said:

Are there any top-league clubs who haven't yet provoked an Ibrox #STATEMENT by flinging Rangers about like a wet tracksuit?

We've had a couple I can think of off the top of my head, Hibs - Naturellement... 

Anyone else?

I don’t think our club has as such.

However, the  personal seethe caused by McInnes was on behalf of and concomitant with the club.

3. Motherwell. 
Anyone else?
Also worth remembering that Stirling were bottom of the league at that time.

Honourable mention to Aberdeen's Derek "concomitant" McInnes.

16 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

The great uprising of 2012, when fans of all Scottish football clubs united to ensure that the newco Rangers were denied direct entry into the top tier was a glorious period in the history of our game.

Its something that we should look back on with immense pride. The SFA, the SPL, almost the entire Scottish media and even the chairmen of some clubs tried to threaten, bully and scare us into accepting it.

We resisted.

Meh. The aim for the new Rangers was to make sure they had a team in the Scottish league set up. They knew that being placed in the top division was a long shot and likely to face massive opposition from fans, likewise the first division. By asking for both of those it made putting them in the bottom league look like a reasonable compromise. They received massively preferential treatment by being parachuted in. They should have faced the application process like all others before them.