Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath

If the weather does not force another postponement this Saturday we entertain Cowdenbeath the bottom club in League 2 at Forthbank. 

Given the poor performances the last 2 games we have played, hopefully we should get back to winning ways with a victory over the Blue Brazil.

Despite being the League`s top scorers we seem to have lost our way to putting the ball in the net recently with 2 blanks in a row. Hopefully we manage to find the net on Saturday and win to keep us in the hunt behind Montrose and Peterhead. 

Team wise expect one or two changes on Saturday, given the sending off of Andy Black on Tuesday night. 

Prediction Albion 1 Cowdenbeath 0       

Noticing for this game that there is a female ref in charge. Anyone head of this in Scotland before?

She took charge of the Edinburgh City v Berwick game a few months ago, and the BBC made a big thing about it at the time. Fair play to her and I hope it encourages more females.

Not sure how many games she has ref’d since then but she has definitely run the line at Forthbank before.

33 minutes ago, Matty1945 said:

Noticing for this game that there is a female ref in charge. Anyone head of this in Scotland before?

Lorraine Watson (nee Clark) has been part of the Scottish game for years and is tipped for the top.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lorraine-clark-prepares-to-become-first-1525087

16 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Lorraine Watson (nee Clark) has been part of the Scottish game for years and is tipped for the top.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lorraine-clark-prepares-to-become-first-1525087

Aye I can remember her doing youth games donkey's years ago, we had her just last week for our Development League game with Forfar.  She does a lot of big woman's games and took charge of a game in France in between the Pars v Shippy Fife Cup game and our DL game, from Kelty to Paris then back to Kelty - she leads a glamorous life:lol:

She's never done a Cowden 1st team game before but has ran the line. Best memory of Lorraine running the line at a Cowden game was the famous last day win at Hamilton when we beat them to send the Pars into the play off. It was Lorraine who flagged when Andy Ryan fouled a Cowden player and he got sent off:lol:

Spoiler

We had her a wee while back, think it was the cup game against Colville Park & to be honest she was ok, lets face it the state of her male counterparts it would not be hard to pass for being competent at this level. Morag Pirie used to ref HFL games & did some league games but have not seen her on the go for a while.

The game has actually got me worried. We’re just not firing on all cylinders at the moment and when we met Cowdenbeath at Central Park earlier in the season, I honestly didn’t think they were that bad. They were very organised but had little going forward.

With regards to a female ref, as I touched on above, I’m all for it and hope it encourages other females to become involved. I think in a lot of ways that it’s sad that it has taken until 2017 for women to make a mark within our game.......I just hope I’m still saying that after the match [emoji23]

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye I can remember her doing youth games donkey's years ago, we had her just last week for our Development League game with Forfar.  She does a lot of big woman's games and took charge of a game in France in between the Pars v Shippy Fife Cup game and our DL game, from Kelty to Paris then back to Kelty - she leads a glamorous life:lol:

She's never done a Cowden 1st team game before but has ran the line. Best memory of Lorraine running the line at a Cowden game was the famous last day win at Hamilton when we beat them to send the Pars into the play off. It was Lorraine who flagged when Andy Ryan fouled a Cowden player and he got sent off:lol:

Good fun that. Ryan fouled a Cowden player then fell to the ground and rolled about. I remember her pointing at him telling the ref it was him that was to go.

45 minutes ago, peternapper said:
  Reveal hidden contents

We had her a wee while back, think it was the cup game against Colville Park & to be honest she was ok, lets face it the state of her male counterparts it would not be hard to pass for being competent at this level. Morag Pirie used to ref HFL games & did some league games but have not seen her on the go for a while.

Sure Morag is still on the go think I seen her name on the refs list from a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, HenryHill said:

Good fun that. Ryan fouled a Cowden player then fell to the ground and rolled about. I remember her pointing at him telling the ref it was him that was to go.

It was a great day all round that Henry:lol:

Just now, HenryHill said:

One of the best.

What made it good, apart from the result obviously, was the fact that it was all the diehard regular away fans who were there most of the glory hunters probably didn't give us a chance of staying up.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

What made it good, apart from the result obviously, was the fact that it was all the diehard regular away fans who were there most of the glory hunters probably didn't give us a chance of staying up.

Sorry to stirling fans for the reminiscing. Yip. Think some cowden lads were saving their money for the play off up at Arbroath.

Saturday prediction - draw.

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Great day that day at Hamilton. 

Can mind driving through with many fans not going as they didn't believe we could do it whilst relying on Airdrie upsetting Dunfermline. 

Can mind Lewis Coult keeping asking us what the Dunfermline score was. Good celebrations and buzz after the game.  Not as good as East End Park. 

If only we had maintained our status in the championship as long as Dumbarton currently I wonder if we would have achieved ownership of Central Park again 

Long  hard journey ahead for everyone who deeply cares for the club but I am optimistic in that surely that we deserve now some good luck for the club. 

On our up and coming games I am slightly concerned over the weather forecasts which we could potentially find ourselves not playing another game for the rest of the year if the cold snap hits hard on pitches. 

2 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Great day that day at Hamilton. 

Can mind driving through with many fans not going as they didn't believe we could do it whilst relying on Airdrie upsetting Dunfermline. 

Can mind Lewis Coult keeping asking us what the Dunfermline score was. Good celebrations and buzz after the game.  Not as good as East End Park. 

If only we had maintained our status in the championship as long as Dumbarton currently I wonder if we would have achieved ownership of Central Park again 

Long  hard journey ahead for everyone who deeply cares for the club but I am optimistic in that surely that we deserve now some good luck for the club. 

On our up and coming games I am slightly concerned over the weather forecasts which we could potentially find ourselves not playing another game for the rest of the year if the cold snap hits hard on pitches. 

I always had the feeling Airdrie could do the Pars that day they had a good record against them despite having a shit season overall, wasn't convinced we could beat the Accies but that 2nd half was something else when the players obviously heard the Pars score and really went for it. Speaking of Lewis it was the Flamingos last game for us.

Onto the current day if the bad weather happens it happens nothing you can do about it and most of the other sides will end up in the same boat re postponements if it ends up as bad a predicted.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I always had the feeling Airdrie could do the Pars that day they had a good record against them despite having a shit season overall, wasn't convinced we could beat the Accies but that 2nd half was something else when the players obviously heard the Pars score and really went for it. Speaking of Lewis it was the Flamingos last game for us.

Onto the current day if the bad weather happens it happens nothing you can do about it and most of the other sides will end up in the same boat re postponements if it ends up as bad a predicted.

Maybe give Bollan a chance to really assess the squad if there is postponed games. Matchdays though are better for him to really assess the situation though. 

Encouraging in his professionalism by taking the 1st team squad to play at the Rangers academy since we had our game called of.

16 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I missed the match as I didn't think we had a hope in hell of getting a favour from Airdrie and I simply couldn't justify the train tickets!  Sat glued to Sportscene when it started and ended up in Asda buying booze about 10 minutes after the full time whistle went.  What a night!  

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I missed the match as I didn't think we had a hope in hell of getting a favour from Airdrie and I simply couldn't justify the train tickets!  Sat glued to Sportscene when it started and ended up in Asda buying booze about 10 minutes after the full time whistle went.  What a night!  

Airdrie have a decent record against the townies, especially when the townies are expected to comfortably beat them.

Archived