Wanting your own team to lose a match

10 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I didn’t mind losing to Anderlecht last night as it didn’t affect our assault on the Europa League.

Unlucky champ. You may try and hide your love of Celtic but it's no match for my razor sharp detective skills. Exhibit A - you slip up and say "our" when talking about Celtic's European Campaign.  A rookie mistake. 

Another timposter OUTED by Yassin 8)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Probably my favourite ever memory supporting Hibs.

AK 86

Couldn't agree more Dom.

Our fathers had the Famous Five, our older brothers had the Tornadoes and our sons have the current crop of cup-winning legends.

But for Hibs men of a certain vintage like you and I, that Dundee eleven were OUR team. Albert Kidd was OUR God.

I know he'll be smiling down on us from where he is now.

13 hours ago, Snafu said:

I'll bite. [shrug]

I have to disagree in most cases on what happened in 2012, there might have been a few who were like that, but you need to ask why did the fans react like that in the first place? A lot of it had to do with the way it was seen that the SFA and the SPL treated the supporters over the years and that many supporters didn't trust their clubs to make a less financially orientated decision on this especially due to some of the decisions made in the past on such things as league reconstruction and tv deals, there was a  general feeling that two clubs held all the power in a league of 12 through the voting system. There was also the behaviour of certain Rangers fans during the period of administration more especially in the weeks leading up to the vote and lets not forget the scaremongering from certain elements within the media and Regan's armageddon for Scottish football. It was all rather patronising and people don't like being patronised. Had Rangers fans and media that leaned towards Rangers shown a bit of humility and dignity, maybe behaved like the supporters of the two other clubs who were in trouble around that time who knows many supporters wouldn't have been so bothered about allowing Newco to reboot in the top flight.

A lot of supporters felt and still do that the governing bodies were not interested in listening to them regardless that its the fans/supporters that are the paying customers and should have. If Scottish football is being seen as a product then the customer should be heard just as in any business. I also think that not all clubs were threatened as some clubs did approach their supporters groups to ask for their opinion and views first. I'm quite sure from what I remember ICT were one of the clubs that were in agreement with the supporters right from the start.

I'm glad it never came to that and we will never know how many fans would have turned their back on the game.

I'd want us to win regardless of the other teams circumstances as its up to them to be in the position they are before they play us, what will be will be. If we are playing either Celtic or Rangers up here and while they were going head to head for the title and the game is gone from us in the first half there might be a temptation to exit early, the other option would be to find a good spot in the Main Stand and take photos of the opposition fans smashing our seats and then I would come on here and post them. Not that I'm a bad loser or anything.

I agree with most of that, apart from the bolded bit. A new club shouldn't be allowed to start where the previous one was prior to liquidation, only my opinion of course. It may well have happened.

5 hours ago, sjc said:

I enjoy watching Scotland losing these days.

I wanted it when they played Holland, but then it was said before the game that Mackay wouldn't be staying on, and I pretty much changed my mind on that one.

I don't think I've ever actively WANTED Morton to lose a game, although my memory is a bit shit.

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Couldn't agree more Dom.

Our fathers had the Famous Five, our older brothers had the Tornadoes and our sons have the current crop of cup-winning legends.

But for Hibs men of a certain vintage like you and I, that Dundee eleven were OUR team. Albert Kidd was OUR God.

I know he'll be smiling down on us from where he is now.

He's in Australia, he aint dead.

But even when he does pop his clogs he will live forever in the hearts of all Celtbernian fans 

I would never look for my team to lose.  Conceivably I could be consoled afterwards by the fact that losing to team X has created an issue for team Y but my preference will always be that we had won.

On 07/12/2017 at 00:17, HibsFan said:

I think, I THINK, he's referring to that time St Mirren lost 5-0 to Celtic on Saturday 3rd May 1986, which cruelly snatched the title away from Hearts.

What's less well known is that Hearts needed just a draw in their game against Dundee to make the game at Love Street completely, wholly irrelevant. 

Luckily (not just for Celtbernian fans like us, but Scottish football in general), Craig Levein hid under some coats in the dressing room and Hearts lost 2-0.

Reveal hidden contents

5a288862c554d_ScreenShot2017-12-07at00_16_07.thumb.png.c2b2dc6dc22f1e4f774d41ec73e6155b.png

ahhhhh....the same season Hearts lay down to us and we knocked 6 (six) past them??

Archived