Wanting your own team to lose a match

Was there not someone on here who repeatedly said he'd be happy for his team to lose to Aberdeen, in order to help their "title challenge"?

Jamamafegan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I've never been in a situation where I've wanted my own team to lose, although there are a few scenarios that I would deem it acceptable to lose/not try

- If we played Celtic and they had to win to clinch the title I would accept defeat in that match.

-if we were in a cup final with Celtic and they were A) going for the treble and had to win this match to attain it
B) we played Celtic in a final and they were going to go without one piece of silverware in that season.

No proof of any link between Accies & sevco that he keeps talking shit about, then he posts conclusive evidence Sellick is his big team not the brightest I would suggest.

2 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

It's difficult to take anyone serious when they suggest others are not the brightest whilst they take the most obvious bait imaginable.

He meant it, he has just geographically been misplaced in Edinburgh, if he lived in the WoS he would roll up to parkhead on match days religiously .

Quite recently when two consecutive defeats to Livingston then ICT led to McKinnon getting sacked.

It was obvious that it wasn't working out and that he had to go and losing these games was a price worth paying to force the chairman into action.

I quite regularly find myself feeling this way where Scotland are concerned.  It's entirely sensible if little rides on the match itself, but defeat might hasten changes you'd like to see.  

I've felt that way less often with Queens, but have done on occasion for the same reason.  

3 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I've never been in a situation where I've wanted my own team to lose, although there are a few scenarios that I would deem it acceptable to lose/not try

- If we played Celtic and they had to win to clinch the title I would accept defeat in that match.

-if we were in a cup final with Celtic and they were A) going for the treble and had to win this match to attain it
B) we played Celtic in a final and they were going to go without one piece of silverware in that season.

Jesus christ.

No proof of any link between Accies & sevco that he keeps talking shit about, then he posts conclusive evidence Sellick is his big team not the brightest I would suggest.

Oh for goodness sake here we go again.

Glasgow Celtic Football Club are not my "big team". I support Hibs and have a soft spot for The Hoops. I have a season ticket at Easter Road and when Hibs play away i go through to paradise and watch Glasgow Celtic strut their stuff on that massive green grid iron that me and you call a football field. Is that such a crime?

I've always grew up on tales of Celtic and the way they play football. We sat around the camp fire and heard tales of triumph, tales of oppression and tales of hope. From Big jock and the Bhoys taking on the might of Internazíonale Milanó in the heat of Lisbon while the 45,000 looked on, to the relevant authorities trying to force us out of the game just because of our religion, only for us to bounce back to become Scotlands premier club on the way to ten in a row. That's why I said that I would concede a tie for Glasgow Celtic to win silverware, for I grew up in a time where the footballing authorities and wider government tried every trick in the book, from "honest mistakes" by referees and blatant underhanded tactics, to stop Glasgow Celtic winning anything.

I said earlier that we were nearly forced out of the game because of our religion(catholic) and no doubt happyaccie, you and the rest of the Rangers supporters would have loved to have seen that happen, but I only have one religion.... and that religion is Glasgow Celtic.

This is Dominique Malonga and this....this was my story.

HH

Absolute minter if anyone bites to that OP at all. The most obviously bait I've ever seen on P&B. 

Anyway, for me, any time we play Celtic is a win win situation. People often ask me how I feel when both my clubs face each other. It's brilliant, the result comes 2nd to the occasion and atmosphere. What a great sing song we have together.

Was there not a situation with Hibs in the season Hearts finished 2nd  where it benefited Hibs to lose to Rangers in terms of European qualification? Presumably on the grounds that Rangers finishing ahead of Hearts suited Hibs as Hearts were already in the cup final or something like that?

Would be a tough one to want your team to lose, especially to them.

This is the game I'm thinking of, but as you can tell by my first paragraph, f**k knows the exact context.

image.png.2dbccb862df7d9a4ae5bcb07e6b2d976.png

edit: only really remember as I had a really big (by my standards) bet on Rangers even though the odds were shit and I remember freaking out when Hibs equalised.

Not at the time as I was gutted but, in hindsight I am so glad we lost that penalty shoot out in 2016 Scottish cup semi-final. 

Our ****** cousins from Edinburgh won the cup in the most hilarious fashion provoking uber seethe from the blue orcs, including some tear stained statements from the club, and Dermot Desmond finally twigged we needed to get the finger out and we ended up getting Brendan Rodgers 8)

Archived