AVERAGE CROWDS in Lowland League

Bestsinceslicebread

Let's get the record straight here I'm no agreeing or disagreeing wi anybody,  I have no affection for Edusport Academy whatsoever. :lol:

They're  at where  they're at today, whether we like it or not  thanks to a system put in place by the heads of Scottish fitba :thumsup2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have nothing against Edusport at all. They are exactly where they are because established clubs steered clear of the pyramid. When they joined the SoSFL in 2014 when there were vacancies in both the Lowland League and SoSFL.

Starting up in 2011 I doubt they would have had any idea they would be where they are now, but they've adapted their model to suit the opportunity. Chances are if there was no Lowland League created in 2013 they would still have sought out joining the likes of the SoSFL/EoSFL in order to gain an SFA License, a bit like East Kilbride's plan to join the SoSFL originally. So we still would of ended up here anyway.

• 2 months later...

210 at Whitehill v Spartans today. That’s the biggest crowd we’ve had this season home and away. Spartans pushing for promotion, the international weekend and the sun shining all helped. 

14 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Out of interest, what is the record attendance at a Lowland League match?

Some groundhop games got 400+ to 500+ (including an all-ticket sell-out at EK).... there were similar New Year crowds at Spartans-Edinburgh City and Gala-Selkirk, in first couple of seasons.

9 hours ago, archieb said:

There were 652 last Saturday at Pollok for a very run-of-the-mill league fixture vs Cumnock.

I wonder what sort of gate we'd get if e.g. playing Selkirk or Edusport in the LL?

Cmon Archie, plenty of teams come to Newlandsfield with zero support and far poorer onfield sides. I don't have much truck with that kind of point - some of the teams we've played this year (at home or otherwise) would be skudded by both teams you mention. I don't pick and choose my games by opposition, I'd say few among our core support do. Some of the teams in the upper reaches of the West set-up are badly supported and don't have fans that travel. It's also a fair assumption that by the time Lok actually win a top level league title again (it's been a while!) then some of the LL's lesser lights may have been relegated out of it in turn!

20 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

I was at Edinburgh University v BSC Glasgow earlier. The crowd was around 30 max 

In fairness it was seriously cold and the Scotland game was on the telly. Those that did turn witnessed a decent game that had pretty much everything except goals.

Guest Landan Spiv
3 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

In fairness it was seriously cold and the Scotland game was on the telly. Those that did turn witnessed a decent game that had pretty much everything except goals.

Totally agreed. Both teams seemed decent. I thought a few more would be there though seeing as there were no other Edinburgh clubs playing last night. What I will say though is the Edinburgh uni chairman was very welcoming and the clubhouse was very cosy. That club are definitely worth a visit to a neutral or a fan of an Edinburgh club at a loose  end one day. 

Archived