AVERAGE CROWDS in Lowland League

Bestsinceslicebread

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

That about average for a St Roch's game 4 leagues below Gretna

If only there was a pyramid that linked all non-league teams.

Been ages since I was at a Candy Rock's home game and good to hear that the crowds are over 100. Non-league footy is where it's at !

2 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Cumbernauld.

Theyre an interesting one, plenty potential there to attract a decent fan base. It's no happened as yet, crowd v ww was very poor but it was a pissin doon freezing midweek night when a Saturday fixture would've probably attracted a lot more. Success on the park attracts fans? 

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Thought there was only one league below Gretna no sure where yer 4 league quote comes from. Yer point being........ 

Point?

Suppose it would be there isn't a lot in it crowd wise.

Likes of Pollok would probably out do a lot clubs with crowds if they were a couple leagues higher.

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Theyre an interesting one, plenty potential there to attract a decent fan base. It's no happened as yet, crowd v ww was very poor but it was a pissin doon freezing midweek night when a Saturday fixture would've probably attracted a lot more. Success on the park attracts fans? 

When Shire were there in October the crowd was around 150 with at least 50 away Shire fans. Thought like you this is a club that could have a decent fan base and compared to the previous season it looked like this was beginning to happen but it was unclear if it was was just people with connections to the club through the various teams they run or from locals. Hopefully we will see a number of the Colts fans at Ochilview next Sat.

9 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Wouldn't believe anything this Glenconner says, he came up with this quote in August.

"Kelty Hearts have made all this effort and 6 Premier League Colts teams will walk straight passed them into the next level."

My team, other.

hee hee

[emoji38] is that the best you can come up wi.
For every Edu there's always a Shire, for every Lithgierose Rose there's always a Rossvale  [emoji6]
Difference is that the Rose are top tier in the East and Rossvale are third tier in the West. Edusport and the Shire share a league.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:
15 hours ago, newcastle broon said:
emoji38.png is that the best you can come up wi.
For every Edu there's always a Shire, for every Lithgierose Rose there's always a Rossvale  emoji6.png

Difference is that the Rose are top tier in the East and Rossvale are third tier in the West. Edusport and the Shire share a league.

Ross County share a league wi Rangers and Celtic :whistle

Fitba is won on the park no the stands, its hardly  the fault of Edusport either where they are  :huh:

33 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Ross County share a league wi Rangers and Celtic :whistle

Fitba is won on the park no the stands, its hardly  the fault of Edusport either where they are  :huh:

Well it is really they entered the SOSL won it and are now in the LL:lol: They are where they are on a playing merit having played the SFA system but a club with zero fans hardly brings much to the LL table.

It's the fault of the system rather than the club.   If they are allowed a licence playing in Annan with no ground of their own (or even a town to represent) then I don't think it's their fault for taking advantage of that.  They are hardly going to suddenly say "lots of people have a problem with our set-up so let's withdraw from the Lowland League".

2 hours ago, stanley said:

It's the fault of the system rather than the club.   If they are allowed a licence playing in Annan with no ground of their own (or even a town to represent) then I don't think it's their fault for taking advantage of that.  They are hardly going to suddenly say "lots of people have a problem with our set-up so let's withdraw from the Lowland League".

That's what I said they played the SFA system.

On 24/12/2017 at 15:20, cowdenbeath said:

Well it is really they entered the SOSL won it and are now in the LL:lol: They are where they are on a playing merit having played the SFA system but a club with zero fans hardly brings much to the LL table.

23 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

That's what I said they played the SFA system.

No saying Kelty have zero fans but are they no doing the same thing....... 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

No saying Kelty have zero fans but are they no doing the same thing....... 

Aye both have done the same thing.

Difference is Kelty have been an asset to to the EOSL and will easily be the biggest supported club there. They also represent a community and looking at their website are doing a good few things in that community.

Edusport represent no one, Glasgow based and playing in Annan. Apart from Annan fans who don't do away games and away fans who goes to watch them? I was at their game at the Shire a few Sunday's back and you could hear a hankie drop when they scored - no one there supporting them.

For the pyramid to evolve to its full potential you need more Kelty's and other junior sides to be involved that's where the crowds are at the top end of non league football.

47 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye both have done the same thing.

Difference is Kelty have been an asset to to the EOSL and will easily be the biggest supported club there. They also represent a community and looking at their website are doing a good few things in that community.

Edusport represent no one, Glasgow based and playing in Annan. Apart from Annan fans who don't do away games and away fans who goes to watch them? I was at their game at the Shire a few Sunday's back and you could hear a hankie drop when they scored - no one there supporting them.

For the pyramid to evolve to its full potential you need more Kelty's and other junior sides to be involved that's where the crowds are at the top end of non league football.

Well I know all that, the talk has been going roond and circles on here for a few seasons now but whether we like it or not  it's still no Edusports fault where they're at. 

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Well I know all that, the talk has been going roond and circles on here for a few seasons now but whether we like it or not  it's still no Edusports fault where they're at. 

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on our thoughts about them. I'm maybe too much of a traditionalist believing there's no point in a football club without fans but obviously someone at the SFA thinks different.

Archived