AVERAGE CROWDS in Lowland League

Bestsinceslicebread

Hey guys
Wonder if anyone can help, I'm interested in knowing what the average crowds of teams in Lowland league Football.
It quite hard to find out as most don't say as much.
I realise there is details of grounds and capacity on wikipedia etc... but theres nothing really in regards to crowd attendance only a few put it up on their sites.

if anyone has any gen, even on the lowland team they follow then this would be great

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like a question that requires the mathematical skills of Goudie.

Despite having an over zealous desire to criticise the Lowland League, I'm quite sure Goudie will be able to accurately detail the crowds of every single Lowland League game since inception.

Been to 2 Lowland games this season, one at Dalbeattie and one at Gretna. Crowd was around 150 at each if that helps. Can’t comment on other teams though and as previously said by edinabear, I’d imagine the “bigger” teams will get more than that.

As a comparison I usually go to a South league game most weekends. Lowest crowd I’ve seen is 35 at a Heston Rovers game, highest was around 140 at a Lochar Thistle game.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeah it doesn't need to be exact just if one team is usually at the 100 a game crowd where another maybe at the 500 a crowd game.
Just curious to see the differences and how many most are getting.

Thanks for the help with the ones who responded with good information.

Whitehill will average just over the 100 mark I'd imagine,  some weeks below other weeks way above depending on the opposition. They always publish the attendances in the matchday programme though. Now if they were to play local teams such as Bonnyrigg, Nitten Penicuik etc most weeks crowds would rocket, just saying likes :whistle

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Whitehill will average just over the 100 mark I'd imagine,  some weeks below other weeks way above depending on the opposition. They always publish the attendances in the matchday programme though. Now if they were to play local teams such as Bonnyrigg, Nitten Penicuik etc most weeks crowds would rocket, just saying likes :whistle

Then go join the Juniors......just saying likes :whistle  

:)

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

They'd a couple of thousand fans once at Easter Rd.

1 hour ago, Soor Plooms said:

Quick question... When people are counting crowds at Lowland, (or any other non-League) games who are they including? Just paying punters through the gates or does it include everyone there including players, committee etc???? 

Don’t know out anyone else but for me I count the amount of folk watching the game, i.e. everyone apart from players, referee, linesmen and anyone in the dugouts, etc.

Personally I'd say anyone outside the railing - excluding staff like stewards or tea hut ladies I'd suppose - are the attendance.

Players, coaches, physios, match officials etc. aren't there to spectate. They're participating for spectators. However not everyone spectating will have paid in - committee, ST holders, complimentary tickets, press etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted all the Shire crowds for this season on the Shire website. Apart from the 1st couple of games (still to get the actual figures)  the rest of fhe home crowds are actual figures through the gates. Any away crowds I have listed are either an estimate, if i couldn't get an actual  figure, or my count of attendance at these games.

Since Shire's relegation the away Shire support has actually increased compared to the SPFL days but home crowds are down,  understandablely due to 1) apart from a few teams there are virtually no away fans 2) year on year the familar faces in the Shire support become less for whatever reason and the level of fan loss is currently greater compared to new fans comming on board. I hope the position has now reached the new base level but I genuinely dont know. In some seasons in the last 20 odd years we have had a lower home fan base than now so it is not all doom and gloom. The club deserves good backing for all the trials it has been through this century.

Archived