Who will be Brechin's first?

Brechin's first win?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Good relevant post. 

I fucking hate the Scottish sporting media .  A condescending bunch of uninformed goons who as you point out wouldn't normally go near the lower leagues . 

Two news reports tonight on different channels . Both as condescending as each other.   What do they expect our chairman to say other than " the players are still upbeat " along with other defensive cliches.    Tossers the lot of them. 

Some of them are sound to be fair.

I've heard :ph34r:

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I would be disgustingly nervous for tomorrow if I was a Queens fan

So would I. And I am.

We won there earlier this season 1-0 but it was a good game that could easily have gone the other way if Isaac Layne had worn his shooting boots. As poor as Brechin may have been lately, they are capable of being decent, especially on their own pitch. As much as we've been good the last fortnight once the season was dead, the last game is always one anything might happen in. Those players under contract could conceivably be concentrating on their holidays. Those looking for new clubs will be trying not to get injured.

I think it's probably worse that I can't actually go tomorrow so will be trying to follow it second hand on text commentary / Open All Mics whilst child minding. A couple of early Dobbie goals would massively help!

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Good relevant post. 

I fucking hate the Scottish sporting media .  A condescending bunch of uninformed goons who as you point out wouldn't normally go near the lower leagues . 

Two news reports tonight on different channels . Both as condescending as each other.   What do they expect our chairman to say other than " the players are still upbeat " along with other defensive cliches.    Tossers the lot of them. 

Pretty sure that 'we've utterly disgraced ourselves at this level and will be sacking our manager for this failure' would be the response of any other football club actually. Operate like a gubbins, village social club; get treated as one by the national media. 

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Good relevant post. 

What do you really expect?

You’re on course for an unprecedented season of failure, do you think they should ignore it because you don’t normally hit the headlines? It’s not just the Scottish media that will be all over it either- I see FourFourTwo ahave already been in about you.

At times like these the media are quite right to get a piece of the story. I for one particularly enjoyed the Scotsman article about Forfar in the seventies, and a Daily Telegraph article about Dundee United v Roma this week.  They were both in the press because they drew parallels with what’s happening now. There’s nothing wrong with that.

If you don’t want the press talking about your winless season the solution would’ve been to win some games.

21 minutes ago, Toby said:

What do you really expect?

You’re on course for an unprecedented season of failure, do you think they should ignore it because you don’t normally hit the headlines? It’s not just the Scottish media that will be all over it either- I see FourFourTwo ahave already been in about you.

At times like these the media are quite right to get a piece of the story. I for one particularly enjoyed the Scotsman article about Forfar in the seventies, and a Daily Telegraph article about Dundee United v Roma this week.  They were both in the press because they drew parallels with what’s happening now. There’s nothing wrong with that.

If you don’t want the press talking about your winless season the solution would’ve been to win some games.

Spot-on Toby.  I simply can't wait for the 'Where Are They Now ?' feature on the 10th anniversary of that famous 10-2 Hamilton horsing.

3 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Spot-on Toby.  I simply can't wait for the 'Where Are They Now ?' feature on the 10th anniversary of that famous 10-2 Hamilton horsing.

That’s fair enough. It’s something that’s comparable to Brechin’s dismal season, and to be honest, whilst it’s not something I ever wanted to see it’s a game I’ll never forget.

The positive I take from that day is that nobody will ever tell me that what they’re seeing is the worst ever, because that day was. The Brechin fans can possible take the same solace and the only thing that really could be worse as a fan is what happened to Rangers. Which is another positive.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I would be disgustingly nervous for tomorrow if I was a Queens fan

Ach, quite relaxed.

The game doesn't really matter and despite some embarrassment, there would definitely be something funny, and indeed fitting, if the crappy  season we've witnessed slithered away with a notable defeat.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Pretty sure that 'we've utterly disgraced ourselves at this level and will be sacking our manager for this failure' would be the response of any other football club actually. Operate like a gubbins, village social club; get treated as one by the national media. 

Strangely I was agreeing with your post until you descended into your usual diatribe ........and unsurprisingly your mucker follows on .  :lol: Sad really. 

We will miss the banter next season .  Until the next time .  Adios .

Strangely I was agreeing with your post until you descended into your usual diatribe ........and unsurprisingly your mucker follows on .  [emoji38] Sad really. 

He gets more bites than J R Hartley does he [emoji23][emoji23]

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Strangely I was agreeing with your post until you descended into your usual diatribe ........and unsurprisingly your mucker follows on .  :lol: Sad really. 

There won't be a 'next time' because you're set to plunge all the way down to the Highland League, Hard lines. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

6 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Coming from the team a mighty 2 places above the part time shite

Erm no, I'm not a Falkirk fan champ. 

The only team to have recorded three straight bottom place finishes in different divisions - Clyde - were relegated from the second tier with 39 points. You've got 4. It's safe to say that the next time I'll be travelling to Glebe Park will be to see you get horsed by Kelty or some other outfit in the big pyramid playoff  two years from now. 

Looking forward to it already.

1502556293603.jpg.674c87938cef6265c675c85616bebbab.jpg

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Literally all VT has left in his locker is patronising Brechin fans. What a pathetic twat.

I don't think you know what the word 'patronising' means tbh. Another busted flush of a post from Clive. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I don't think you know what the word 'patronising' means tbh. Another busted flush of a post from Clive. 

Last time you were telling me I didn't know what a word meant, it was 'trajectory'. As in 'discernible upward trajectory'.

How did that work out for you, champ?

Erm no, I'm not a Falkirk fan champ. 
The only team to have recorded three straight bottom place finishes in different divisions - Clyde - were relegated from the second tier with 39 points. You've got 4. It's safe to say that the next time I'll be travelling to Glebe Park will be to see you get horsed by Kelty or some other outfit in the big pyramid playoff  two years from now. 
Looking forward to it already.
1502556293603.jpg.674c87938cef6265c675c85616bebbab.jpg

I included Dumbarton in my part time quote

Archived