Who will be Brechin's first?

Brechin's first win?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this will go down as the worst season in british football history and one of the worst in world history. The only times you ever see seasons like this is in the lower ends of junior and amateur leagues. For professional football clubs, the league system in place should make such ridiculous gulfs in class impossible. For this to happen in the 2nd tier of Scottish football is ridiculous.

Darren Dods has got himself into a position that was almost unsackable and a season to just have a bit of fun, after miraculously saving Brechin from the drop before getting them promoted the next season, perhaps even more miraculously.  

To go from there into a position where he could, and absolutely definitely should, be let go is mind-blowing. He's fucked up a position that was impossible to f**k up. The board and fans almost certainly expected to go down, comfortably at that. Most probably expected there to be a huge gulf and for it to be a slightly embarrassing season. But even the most pessimistic of Brechin fans would not have excepted to see this level of abject failure.

I feel sorry for the Brechin fan, and I know there will be one, made a joke about "what if we don't win a single game this season?" around July/August time.

The players are nt hopeless the managers tactics have nt done them justice .Ye we would ve got relegated I m in no doubt . And most of you know the scenario of where the club were at financially end of last season .
I totally get the first round of games play defensive sus things out then progress from there .
United away ( a better United than now ) in August we played attacking footy and should never have lost but after that it was back to defending .
With a rub of the green we could ve had points of St Mirren as well .
It's against the other lesser teams that have sickened the punters Dumbarton, Queens , etc we ve not laid a finger on them .
If you d seen first half v Utd on Tuesday when we played 2 up front you would ve seen what we re capable of and by all accounts first half yesterday we were nt too bad .
When we were officially relegated a few months back Dods said we were to start attacking it's now 8 games since we ve scored a goal ( 3 goals in 15 games )
I worked it out yesterday in 107 league games Dods has won 27 lost drew 15 and lost 65 .
His Cup record s played 17 .won 3 drew 2 lost 12 .
I don t think club will be flogging many season tickets ...[emoji32]

Anytime that John Hughes appears in the media trumpeting his managerial record, the fact that he couldn't manage a team to victory (over two legs) against this Brechin side should be used to ram his words back down his throat.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Anytime that John Hughes appears in the media trumpeting his managerial record, the fact that he couldn't manage a team to victory (over two legs) against this Brechin side should be used to ram his words back down his throat.

Ah , but we had Ross Caldwell last season . That was the difference. 

7 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

10-0 

Think it was 10-2, but even then that's a figure and losing margin that the club having the 'worst season in British football history' hasn't got close to all season. Minter. 

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Think it was 10-2, but even then that's a figure and losing margin that the club having the 'worst season in British football history' hasn't got close to all season. Minter. 

Apologies........sorted now.  My perma rage got the better of me !:lol:

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Let be honest hear, Dodds assembled a good team last year we would have finished a lot closer to livi (they still would have won the league) if it wasn’t for an injury crisis last year , we had a good backbone of a team then , 

where Dodds has made mistakes is 

1. releasing trouting crazy decision garuntees goals something we have missed

2. We should have had hill tied up on a 2 year deal to good for league 1 , he was fantastic for us and the main reason we ended up at the top end of the table 

3 shouldn’t have rushed Jacko back he’s been a massive loss to us

4 wasted wages on ,Love,ford,graham,Layne and dale all either not good enough or not physically enough to play in the championship

5 played far to defensive

6 tinkered with team to much 

Dodds needs a good start next year

i fancy qos to down tools just one win is all I want

1 minute ago, CITY1974 said:

It's not the best is it ? They surely can't be happy with that

You have what you have lot of well meaning people who work hard. love the club and put everything thing they can into it, but times are a changing in business and football and the way that it was done in the past will not and does not work. New thoughts required look at Montrose a great example of what can happen with people thinking out of the box John Crawford and his directors deserve a lot of kudos for what is happening there

Let be honest hear, Dodds assembled a good team last year we would have finished a lot closer to livi (they still would have won the league) if it wasn’t for an injury crisis last year , we had a good backbone of a team then , 
where Dodds has made mistakes is 
1. releasing trouting crazy decision garuntees goals something we have missed
2. We should have had hill tied up on a 2 year deal to good for league 1 , he was fantastic for us and the main reason we ended up at the top end of the table 
3 shouldn’t have rushed Jacko back he’s been a massive loss to us
4 wasted wages on ,Love,ford,graham,Layne and dale all either not good enough or not physically enough to play in the championship
5 played far to defensive
6 tinkered with team to much 
Dodds needs a good start next year
i fancy qos to down tools just one win is all I want

Agree with the first part regards last season.
The club have to speak to him regards next season.Do they genuinely believe folk are going to buy season tickets because I don't think they are

15 hours ago, Millions said:

Relegation to league 2 beckons. A genuine joke outfit from top to bottom. The Greenock juniors would see you off.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice to get away from the likes of you. On the whole most teams on here have been very welcoming to Brechin but without doubt Morton have some of the most vile supporters on this website. 

Brechin haven't been particularly awful in any of the matches against us but they look like a league 1 side and despite being nervous to play them when the game starts its easy to see why they haven't won a game.

Still remember last season in the 2-0 against them at their ground where we had all but won the League some Livi fans were laughing as the Brechin fans were leaving and a women who was a Brechin fan said "Ah dinna keen what yous are laughing at, you may be gan up but you're coming straight back dooooon" in the worst accent I've ever heard just burst out laughing in her face. Looking back the prediction is almost as bad as the accent. :lol:

17 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Brechin haven't been particularly awful in any of the matches against us but they look like a league 1 side and despite being nervous to play them when the game starts its easy to see why they haven't won a game.

Still remember last season in the 2-0 against them at their ground where we had all but won the League some Livi fans were laughing as the Brechin fans were leaving and a women who was a Brechin fan said "Ah dinna keen what yous are laughing at, you may be gan up but you're coming straight back dooooon" in the worst accent I've ever heard just burst out laughing in her face. Looking back the prediction is almost as bad as the accent. :lol:

Aye some folk do get carried away with the moment sometimes. 

Archived