Who will be Brechin's first?

Brechin's first win?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brechin City have only picked up three points so far this season, with home draws against Livingston, Falkirk and Dundee United. 15 games in and they're yet to win a game, despite some decent performances at times. 

Who do you think will be the first team to suffer defeat against Darren Dods' side?

Their next six fixtures:

Dec 9th St Mirren (H)

Dec 16th Falkirk (A)

Dec 23rd Dunfermline (A)

Dec 30th Inverness (H)

Jan 2nd Dundee United (A)

Jan 6th Morton (H)

My pessimistic side says they'll be giving us a shitty Christmas present on the 23rd :(

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been customary for Brechin to win at Cappielow every time we've shared a division in the last 20 years.

In 14/15 they won 2-0 at Cappielow.

In 06/07 they won 2-0 at Cappielow.

In 04/05 they won 2-0 and 3-0 at Cappielow.

I'll be very uncomfortable if they're still winless going into the next game at Cappielow in March.

They are capable of a basic level of organisation and frustrating the opposition but they have nothing about them going forward at all. Even when we won 1-0 with an 81st minute goal up there earlier in the season they never looked like winning the game, it was a question of whether they could hold on for 0-0 or not.

As soon as they went two goals behind on Saturday and the prospect of sneaking an equaliser disappeared their heads went down and the organisation that had been frustrating us vanished as they were all just desperate for the game to end. Smith had to make three tremendous saves in the last 5 minutes as the defence in front of him totally chucked it. If teams get themselves two goals ahead early on they're never coming back.

All things considered I don't think I've ever seen a team so out of their depth at this level before, but I wouldn't rule out a win at some point. There's always the prospect that they hold someone to 0-0 into the second half then get a goal through a set-piece or the kind of sequence of defensive errors that contributed to their equaliser on Saturday, while it's not too far-fetched to see a team being held to 0-0 getting rattled and ending up down to 10 men through stupidity either: someone is going to slip up eventually. Did they not nearly score in stoppage time v Falkirk earlier in the season?

We shoulda beat Dumbarton home and away but self destructed.QOS at home we missed some guilt edged chances .Falkirk we pumped 2nd half at home defo 2 pts dropped that day . Pars survived a mini onslaught first 10 mins at home then in all fairness gave us a lesson.
United at Tannadice was robbery and at home we really should ve stole it .Inverness have scored 11 breakaways against us [emoji32][emoji32].
Livingston have nt had it easy either .
But kin what we re fucked [emoji23][emoji23]..
The Unwinnable s will beat the Invincible s surely

We shoulda beat Dumbarton home and away but self destructed.QOS at home we missed some guilt edged chances .Falkirk we pumped 2nd half at home defo 2 pts dropped that day . Pars survived a mini onslaught first 10 mins at home then in all fairness gave us a lesson.
United at Tannadice was robbery and at home we really should ve stole it .Inverness have scored 11 breakaways against us [emoji32][emoji32].
Livingston have nt had it easy either .
But kin what we re fucked [emoji23][emoji23]..
The Unwinnable s will beat the Invincible s surely

Um, on what planet should you have beaten us at the Glebe? You lost at our place because you had a clogger sent off and we punished you for it.

You create you're own luck in this league. Not winning a game all season isn't bad luck.

Um, on what planet should you have beaten us at the Glebe? You lost at our place because you had a clogger sent off and we punished you for it.

You create you're own luck in this league. Not winning a game all season isn't bad luck.

We deserve to be rock bottom because we re short of an attacking threat .We re set up to defend defend defend and then see where we are going into last 20 mins or so . I have no arguments about us being bottom . We got promoted when club were nt financially prepared . All I ve done is list a few games I feel we ve dropped points .You must admit for the last half hour a seriously depleted Dumbarton side were gonna be happy with a draw that day . Then we conceded a freak own goal .I felt you guys were there for the taking but we never stepped up to it .. For what it's worth it m chuffed for Dumbarton doing so well .

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

We shoulda beat Dumbarton home and away but self destructed.QOS at home we missed some guilt edged chances .

Gilt. ;)

But yes, you did. So did we. I think we just about shaded the game that day but were maybe slightly lucky to win it. Could easily have fallen behind on a couple of occasions. I certainly left that game thinking your first win wouldn't be far away.

Archived