Zombies v League Leaders

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite optimistic going into this one, which is a worry. Scored 12 goals in our last 6 games which is more than anyone else and only lost 1 in 7.

We always seem to do well against the better teams, 4/6 points from skunks and Pars this season and did well against Hibs/DU/Falkirk last term.

With Luca coming in, Tidser and Quitongo back in the squad, we have decent options now compared to a few weeks ago when the team pretty much picked itself and the bench was full of dev players.

Now that Duffy is playing Tiffoney, we have a bit of natural width and pace which we lacked at the start of the season. He has a long way to go, but I've been impressed with him and goes some way to replacing what Nesbitt gave us last season.

Line up could be anything. Stick to 442? Go 352? Bring back Tids and/or Jai? Don't even want to try and guess what we will do.

3-1 Morton and hopefully back into the playoff places!

7 minutes ago, madton said:

We always seem to do well against the better teams, 4/6 points from skunks and Pars this season and did well against Hibs/DU/Falkirk last term.

While I agree with the point generally, our record against Dundee Utd last season was poor - P7 W1 D3 L3.

The last three games have restored some confidence and got us back in touch with the top four but we've still been guilty of not being at our best for the full 90 minutes. That's fine against dross like Falkirk and we had more than enough to see off them and Brechin comfortably, but we'll need to improve against a better side. Dundee United are going to be capable of punishing defensive lapses and exploiting space in midfield where the relegation fodder weren't. The team should be going into this with confidence while having both Tidser and Quitongo back is a massive boost, but I'd still say United are clear favourites for all that I'm hopeful we can take something.

2 hours ago, madton said:

On this point I think I'm right in saying that if we can muster wins vs Utd and Livi and at least a draw vs ICT then we'd actually complete the first half of the league without a losing record against any team.  That'd be some feat considering.

I know, I know - not easy, but it's something to aim for.

If I was a Morton fan I'd be quite confident of getting something out of this game.

Due to the Son's heroics on Saturday, we are now top of the league and in a great place to put a run together and try to stretch our lead in the run up to Christmas...... Cue the inevitable Tangerine f**k up, which seems to happen every time we get into this position.:wacko:

Was the same the year we went down, some great work would pull us back to the position when survival was in our own hands, and every time this happened, the next game, the Terrors would produce an utter clusterfuck of a performance!!

Hopefully we can break this cycle on Saturday.

1 hour ago, k-ton said:

On this point I think I'm right in saying that if we can muster wins vs Utd and Livi and at least a draw vs ICT then we'd actually complete the first half of the league without a losing record against any team.  That'd be some feat considering.

I know, I know - not easy, but it's something to aim for.

Being picky here, Livi have beaten us twice, both at Scapa.

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think Morton fans should have a right of reply here so any pictures of  bonnie lassies from Greenock  feel free to get them poste dup.

Is that after Arlene Foster goes?

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think Morton fans should have a right of reply here so any pictures of  bonnie lassies from Greenock  feel free to get them poste dup.

be very surprised if anyone cared enough to bother, tbh.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ Definitely bothered.

^^^^ Tragic patter.

Quitongo will put this lot to the sword, in what will be his last great performance before being tapped up and then will be gone by January... maybe.

7 minutes ago, tonnitus said:

^^^^ Tragic patter.

Quitongo will put this lot to the sword, in what will be his last great performance before being tapped up and then will be gone by January... maybe.

Was he not supposed to have done this at Tannadice last time out????

Given the furore on here, I was looking forward to seeing the great Quitongodinho single handedly take us to pieces last time out only to see him get ingloriously subbed after about an hour (albeit by the legend that is Roberto Mchugh).

22 minutes ago, tonnitus said:

^^^^ Tragic patter.

Unlike your good self I am very reluctant to make predictions.  They have a tendency to come back to bite you.

12 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

The mighty Arabs emoji23.png couldn’t beat the team that has a hedge round the park emoji1.png dabs

Thankfully we appear to be pretty much beating everybody else at the moment. 8)

#you'renext 

Archived