Zombies v League Leaders

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:16, FifeArab said:

I thought we’d lose the play off down there last season and we won so i’ll go with 2-1 United. Which means we’re gonna lose this.

I thought so as well but life just comes back and bites you in the arse when least expected.

Reality on the day we couldn't cope with that animal Kuate ( I know its a great opportunity for a miss spell) or Murry's finishing.

The question have the replacements been up to standard and have the Arabs reached new heights. Have McMullan, Fyfie and Keatings improve your lot or were they cheaper options. What is the case that while a significant number of our fans think we have failed to improve I feel that that's not that fair. The current group are playing better than the end of season team you lot beat in the play-offs and seem to have found a cutting edge where as back then our forwards had fallen injured and replacements where not up to scratch.

I expect a competitive game which both sides are capable of winning but a draw will keep us in the hunt for the play-off again which will exceed our expectations for this season yet again. 

On 12/3/2017 at 19:14, Granny Danger said:

I have missed our last two league encounters in Greenock, once due to illness and once due to holidays, and will miss this again as I will be in Barcelona.

Thank f**k.

There’s not many places worse than Paisley but Greenock certainly is; it’s like a set from a zombie movie.  Also the ugliest supporters in the Championship by a distance.

As for the football, hopefully we will continue with our winning ways but given the recent Brechin result I will offer no predictions.

PS any Arabs travelling down should get inoculated.

Related image

Putting seven goals past the division's two hopeless bottom-feeders should give the squad a confidence boost, but I don't think that we actually played too well in either game. We'll have to give our opponents less time and space in front of our defence to get a result from this game IMO, although given Dundee United's away form is rancid - drawing with Brechin FFS - we might not need to up our game by that much. 

2-1 Morton, as our set-piece goal machine clicks into second gear. 

Of course you only beat us all those times due to us being poor min. [emoji6]

Nah, we were poor a couple of times, once they were better and the other three, they got lucky.

Imagine having a keeper diving the right way 3 times in the same game that was one, Nat getting injured another which turned the game, and a dodgy sending off for the other.

We were due a win and was hoping we could have played crap and won on Saturday, but we played well and got beat. United will now start to create a gap starting with a trouncing of Morton (1-0).

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Putting seven goals past the division's two hopeless bottom-feeders should give the squad a confidence boost, but I don't think that we actually played too well in either game. We'll have to give our opponents less time and space in front of our defence to get a result from this game IMO, although given Dundee United's away form is rancid - drawing with Brechin FFS - we might not need to up our game by that much. 

2-1 Morton, as our set-piece goal machine clicks into second gear. 

If you look at the stats, our away form would be described as hitting the heady heights of 'mediocre' as opposed to 'rancid' IMO. We will not be the only team to drop points at The Glebe this season.

I believe that we will continue our 'mediocre' away form on Saturday with a turgid 1-0 victory at Cappielow, coustersy of a superb solo effort from Durnandinho. (Or a lucky break of the ball from a set piece which he lashes into the net from 3 yards - either suits).

What a shite subject title: I've never got into football forums being used to slate each others teams and towns.

Greenock has a Wetherspoons, which is a bonus in any town, and the opening hours are much improved all round since the 'seventies. It's got a lovely marina now too. 

However, I understand why fans slag each other, it's just the faceless aspect I don't relish.

Difficult to predict how the game will go. I'm assuming the pitch will be unpredictable, and it's just as likely an awkward bounce will decide the outcome as any tactical nuance from the managers.

33 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

What a shite subject title: I've never got into football forums being used to slate each others teams and towns.

Greenock has a Wetherspoons, which is a bonus in any town, and the opening hours are much improved all round since the 'seventies. It's got a lovely marina now too. 

However, I understand why fans slag each other, it's just the faceless aspect I don't relish.

Difficult to predict how the game will go. I'm assuming the pitch will be unpredictable, and it's just as likely an awkward bounce will decide the outcome as any tactical nuance from the managers.

Totally agree, the OP should be ashamed of himself.

Mind you, there’s some c**t on here who calls himself ‘Dundee Hibernian’; no idea what that’s about either.

10 hours ago, MacArab said:

If you look at the stats, our away form would be described as hitting the heady heights of 'mediocre' as opposed to 'rancid' IMO. We will not be the only team to drop points at The Glebe this season.

Brechin are a pub team and your away form is indeed 'rancid'. Thanks for playing anyway. 

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Totally agree, the OP should be ashamed of himself.

Mind you, there’s some c**t on here who calls himself ‘Dundee Hibernian’; no idea what that’s about either.

27 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

HTH

AB03816E-06BC-4026-9393-53268292752C.png

Granny Minter strikes again.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Brechin are a pub team and your away form is indeed 'rancid'. Thanks for playing anyway. 

You're welcome

One man's mediocre is another man's rancid.

For me 11 out of 21 is not as good as we would like, but still enough to keep us top of the league and fucking miles  ahead of Morton (tbf)

Pressure is on for your next away game then, as you are also on 11 points (albeit out of a possible 18 away from home),, and this being the case, as PMS so correctly points out, what the f**k does that say about your home form???

Rancid away form against deplorable home form!! I wonder if it is possible for us both to lose this one????? 

52 minutes ago, MacArab said:

You're welcome

One man's mediocre is another man's rancid.

For me 11 out of 21 is not as good as we would like, but still enough to keep us top of the league and fucking miles  ahead of Morton (tbf)

Pressure is on for your next away game then, as you are also on 11 points (albeit out of a possible 18 away from home),, and this being the case, as PMS so correctly points out, what the f**k does that say about your home form???

Erm no, Morton have taken 13 points from eight away games - the joint best record in the division - with the game at Tannadice in September being our only defeat.  More importantly, we have not dropped points to absolute clown-car outfits like 'Brechin City' en route. So not really a contest between our very good record on the road and Dundee United, who have been rancid.

Archived