Albion v Arbroath

Martin was playing for Hibs development team during the day. Horrible game that, not sure why our wingers were constantly desperate to cut inside but yet hesitant to take a shot on. Good to see Wallace scoring from open play and a bullet header from Hammy but some of our play and defending was utterly atrocious and I think that's being kind.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still 3-5-2? 

Where was Martin 

Would of took 2-1 at start of night, 

If my terrible maths is correct, if we had won on Saturday we would of been guaranteed playoffs, on goal difference over East Fife

Your correct about your maths. Gap would have been 16 points with 15 to play for. Still think job is done as far as playoffs are concerned though.

Martin was playing for Hibs development team during the day. Horrible game that, not sure why our wingers were constantly desperate to cut inside but yet hesitant to take a shot on. Good to see Wallace scoring from open play and a bullet header from Hammy but some of our play and defending was utterly atrocious and I think that's being kind.

What was Wallace goal like any decent?

Did you notice the camera man for highlights?

What was Wallace goal like any decent?

Did you notice the camera man for highlights?

Cracking pass through after Albions defence seemed to step up at the wrong time, Wallace just hammered it near post before the keeper could react. Didn't notice a camera but the go pro was up.

Certainly wouldn’t call the performance inept, dug in and ground out a crucial win in a midweek away game on an atrocious surface. 

Nearly home and dry now, will be interesting to see if we really push for 3rd or continue to rotate players from now until the play offs. 

Hellish game , too many Arbroath players had an off day. Hammy at fault for their goal but redeemed himself by scoring the winner. Prior to this Albion player clean through with only Hutton to beat and put it over the bar. Our mid-field was non-existent.

Didn't think a huge amount of our performance to be honest - two away games to Albion in the last 10 days and two very narrow victories, I think Albion can feel they deserved at least a point or two from the two games overall, not much between the teams on either occasion. We could easily have lost that tonight, some poor finishing from Albion and a wee bit of luck saw us edge it.

A 'solid' performance if nothing else, but we really struggled to create much upfront a side from a lovely through ball by Linn and excellent finish by Wallace in the first half, a shot from the edge of the box from Yule (I think) second half and 4/5 successive corners at one point but we were never fully in control of the game, but neither were Albion, a very scrappy 90 minutes. Judging by Dick's shouts towards the players in the second half which could be heard 50 yards away behind the goal he didn't sound too pleased with the performance either! Regardless, a good 3 points for us away from home again.

Albion obviously specifically targeted us down the wings with two players set up  high up the park and very wide against our back 3, and after 20 odd minutes of constant space down the left it finally paid off for Albion and their winger easily put the ball in for the goal with all the time/ space in the world. Playing the 3-5-2 obviously does work for us overall based on results but it leaves glaringly space out wide which regardless of who plays wide in the 5 on either side will be exploited time and time again by any team whose manager has anything about them.

Ironically after me going on and on the last few weeks Bobby Linn picked up a genuine injury and had to be subbed - looked muscular like a potentially pulled hamstring which is a bit ominous.

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Just enjoyed a 2 minute 30 seconds interview of Brian Kerr badmouthing the ref and Lino. Looked genuinely on the verge of tears

I'm not surprised he was nearly gtrretin'.  Would need to see it again but you'd imagine Trouten to have a shot rather than go down - looked like a blatant pen to everyone in the ground ? Also would like to see the one in the first half.

That miss.... jeso. Hardly anything substantial between the teams apart from the obvious.  Anyway playoffs at best now - NO ! 

1 hour ago, teekasule said:

I'm not surprised he was nearly gtrretin'.  Would need to see it again but you'd imagine Trouten to have a shot rather than go down - looked like a blatant pen to everyone in the ground ? Also would like to see the one in the first half.

That miss.... jeso. Hardly anything substantial between the teams apart from the obvious.  Anyway playoffs at best now - NO ! 

From where we were behind the far goal (80 odd yards away so hardly an ideal view!) it didn't look like there was much in it at all, but obviously others may have had a better view and the highlights would hopefully clear it up if it's on there. Vitoria's dive in the first half was impossible to see from the stand if it was or not, but judging by the players on both teams reactions it looked like the referee got it right.

Have to say, while it is always a pleasure to see the usual suspects in the Albion support the crowd (there's something rather endeering about seeing the same half a dozen faces every single time we play you guys home or away!) last night was an absolute shocker. I've been in a couple of low ones at Stranraer away in midweek (201 and 169 down there I think!) but 167 is very, very low. I know there was a Scotland game on, I know it was midweek and I know it was bloody cold but only 120 or so home fans turning out has to be a huge worry unfortunately :( Albion's lowest home support in god knows how long outside of the Challenge Cup?

Archived