Ayr v QP

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

More to the point --- will the pitch be?

Its only supposed to get as cold as 2 above between now and Saturday in Ayr, id be surprised if it was off tbh. 

9 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I’m guessing you mean Moffat up front with Shankland.

Even so I wouldn’t be confident of a victory playing without 6 of our first team especially with a make shift defence like that.

Aye, I meant Moffat. Post edited.

It does actually show our strength and depth this year that even with potentially 6 injuries (and thats worst case scenario I suspect 2 or 3 will be fit) we are only forced to play one youngster.

21 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

More about the water than the ice by the looks of it...

image.png.80e527a76ef43ac2d476c6aaffc6bfe8.png

A waterlogged pitch has never really been an issue for Somerset. Frozen pitch is a different matter however.

I've not seen an Ayrshire Post or anything, what was said about injuries etc?

Docherty, Moore, Geggan, Higgins, Boyle and Crawford all sat out training on Tuesday.

McCall reckons that it could only be Moore and Geggan missing though.

f**k, what are we going to do if the game is off on Saturday? Spend even more time drinking? In that case, I would be grateful if those in authority could wait until the last minute before calling it off. Just to make sure the pub crawl of Ayr is well underway. Cheers

On 06/12/2017 at 23:21, ayrunitedfw said:

Quite worried about this game actually. We could potentially have 6 players out (Geggan, Crawford, Docherty, Boyle, Moore, Higgins). Hopefully at least a few of them make it but if they don’t I’d line up something like:

Hart

Waite

Reid

Rose

Ferguson

McDaid

Adams

Gilmour

Forrest

Moffat

Shankland

QP actually looked ok when we played them at Hampden and could of felt hard done by that they didn’t take at least a point but in fairness that’s the worst I’ve seen us play all season- wasn’t at the Arbroath or Montrose games at home.

At the minute with our injury worries I’d bite your hand off for a 1-0.

Buzzing to read on the match preview on our website that only Geggan and Crawford are out. In that case I’d line up.

Hart

Ferguson/Reid 

Higgins

Rose

Boyle

Adams 

Gilmour

Docherty

Moffat

Moore

Shankland

Subs:- Avci, Reid/Ferguson, Waite, McDaid, McGuffie, Forrest, Murphy 

I can’t decide who I’d start at RB between Ferguson and Reid, I rate them both highly. I guess if Boyle is still not 100% fit we could stick him on the bench and play the same back 4 as we did against Albion Rovers having Reid at RB and Ferguson at LB.  Something for McCall to ponder over. 

Archived