Ayr v QP

Have they been opening the terrace under the stand? They didn’t last season and relented when folk wouldn’t sit down. Stewards were pretty sound about it tbh. Don’t see it being as big a support, right enough. Think it was just over 200 for the cup game. Probably half that.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, an86 said:

Have they been opening the terrace under the stand? They didn’t last season and relented when folk wouldn’t sit down. Stewards were pretty sound about it tbh. Don’t see it being as big a support, right enough. Think it was just over 200 for the cup game. Probably half that.

Aye, the enclosure in front of the stand seems to always be open to away fans now, so you shouldn't have any problem there.

Forecast seems to say the weather will turn much colder in the next few days. I'm sure the club will do all they can to combat that but that stand-side touchline could potentially threaten this going ahead. Hoping I'm wrong likes, I'm thoroughly enjoying being 3 points clear at the top.

35 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Forecast seems to say the weather will turn much colder in the next few days. I'm sure the club will do all they can to combat that but that stand-side touchline could potentially threaten this going ahead. Hoping I'm wrong likes, I'm thoroughly enjoying being 3 points clear at the top.

If this goes ahead and we win we will be 6 points clear for at least 24 hours. Raith dont play until Sunday.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If this goes ahead and you lose, we will be 3 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Means absolutely nothing at this point of the season though.

Aw, wasn't aware results up to now didn't count. Sorry about that.

On 04/12/2017 at 10:45, itzdrk said:

If Paddy Boyle is fit we could put Rose in midfield  for one game.  Forrest and McDaid on the wings. 

Rose in midfield could be a shout. I’m more open to having both Boyle and Crawford on the bench just now, don’t want to rush them back too quick. Especially with Moore/Docherty/Geggan out. Shows how strong our squad is this year compared to other years that we can have so many variations of teams with 3-5 key players out. I’d now go with:

Hart

Waite Reid Higgins Fergusson

McDaid Rose Moffat Adams McGuffie

Shankland

Subs: Avci, Boyle, Gilmour, Crawford, Faulds, Murphy, Forrest

You can have Moffat push further forward being the linkup player. Still think he’ll go with Gilmour in midfield. 

Quite worried about this game actually. We could potentially have 6 players out (Geggan, Crawford, Docherty, Boyle, Moore, Higgins). Hopefully at least a few of them make it but if they don’t I’d line up something like:

Hart

Waite

Reid

Rose

Ferguson

McDaid

Adams

Gilmour

Forrest

Moffat

Shankland

QP actually looked ok when we played them at Hampden and could of felt hard done by that they didn’t take at least a point but in fairness that’s the worst I’ve seen us play all season- wasn’t at the Arbroath or Montrose games at home.

At the minute with our injury worries I’d bite your hand off for a 1-0.

Quite worried about this game actually. We could potentially have 6 players out (Geggan, Crawford, Docherty, Boyle, Moore, Higgins). Hopefully at least a few of them make it but if they don’t I’d line up something like:
Hart

Waite
Reid
Rose
Ferguson

McDaid
Adams
Gilmour
Forrest

Moore
Shankland

QP actually looked ok when we played them at Hampden and could of felt hard done by that they didn’t take at least a point but in fairness that’s the worst I’ve seen us play all season- wasn’t at the Arbroath or Montrose games at home. 
At the minute with our injury worries I’d bite your hand off for a 1-0. 

I’m guessing you mean Moffat up front with Shankland.

Even so I wouldn’t be confident of a victory playing without 6 of our first team especially with a make shift defence like that.

Archived