Ayr v QP

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Didn't actually do that much - was clearly pumped up and just some fist pumps to the SRE. Enjoyable though!

Love that sort of stuff, all he needs to do now is kiss the badge to confirm legendary status. 

Strange to see some extolling the virtues of QP's performance - had a sizeable stake on an Ayr victory and, even at 1-2, was supremely confident that Ayr would win. Looking at the match stats throughout, Ayr always looked to be in total control even with a second string side out. Really sad to see QP toiling so badly this year.

Thought McCall would have learned his lesson after the first half last week, Moore & Shankland are too similar to play together. We seem to play much better with a Moff/Forrest beside one of them. Guess it’s difficult to drop either of them though, nice problem to have.

QP fans, talk me through this;

Number 11

Right Back

Left Footed

Germany flag as a captains armband

Squad number.

Filling in for the regular RB. Usually plays left side. Hence the number.

Day job. As above.

The team had some pre-season tours in Germany and some fans of each club are still pals. Kind of 'twinned with' thing. Never found out if their captain wears a saltire.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Ref was fine. No major clangers

I thought he allowed both sets of players to push and shove each other throughout the game. He wasn't as stop start as some refs we have had.

3 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Not really no because he never made any errors that affected the way the game went.

How about him booking our no 9 for challenging for the ball with your goalkeeper, the game got really feisty after that, our players and fans were not happy with that decision. I fully expect a biased response!

Just now, PASSANDMOVE said:

How about him booking our no 9 for challenging for the ball with your goalkeeper, the game got really feisty after that, our players and fans were not happy with that decision. I fully expect a biased response!

Your no9 could've got a 2nd yellow when he took out Ayr player in front of dugout

It might have got Gus and your players worked up but apart from that it did very little.

Was a foul though.

Archived