Ayr v QP

Well second of a double header of home matches and we should be looking to add another 3 points on the board. Really hope Boyle is back, been missing his experience at the back. Would start Crawford on the bench and bring him on if need be.

Hart

Fergusson Rose Higgins Boyle

McDaid Adams Gilmour McGuffie

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Avci, Reid, Waite, Faulds, Crawford, Forrest, Murphy

3-1, Shankland x2 and McDaid

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best performance of the season against East Fife. Played some good stuff and should have pumped them. However, Ayr and Raith are a level up from anyone else in the league. Think I read that Ayr are the top scorers in Europe, which doesn’t bode well for our shaky defensive record.

All I’m looking for is the same level of application and performance that we’ve seen in recent weeks. If they have a bad day and we have a good one, who knows? This game won’t  make or break us, but the following run of games probably will. Happy if we get back up the road with a decent showing and avoid a pumping and then we can move onto the following week with greater hope of starting a wee run.

14 hours ago, Buckfast said:

We could possibly have 5 out injured so the game could be closer than you think.

Hope so. Not getting carried away with our result and performance on Saturday, though. Even teams who get relegated will pick up points and play well at some point. The weaknesses haven’t gone away.

Can only go on the evidence of what’s happened so far this season. Ayr have been banging them in and we’ve not. We’ve also been gifting goals to anyone who’ll take them. Despite our great performance on Saturday, we still sold a really poor goal. A result isn’t impossible, but it’s very unlikely.

We were pretty lucky to leave Hampden with 3 points earlier in the season, QP rattled the post and Hart made a penalty save, so it may be close. 

That being said, injuries are inevitable for any team and, if we were to pick a game that we had to play with a depleted squad, a home game against the bottom side is the obvious choice. 

I'd 100% start Declan McDaid for this game as a reward for his turbo charged humiliation of Scott McLaughlin for our second goal on Saturday.  Hilarious.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

We were pretty lucky to leave Hampden with 3 points earlier in the season, QP rattled the post and Hart made a penalty save, so it may be close.

That being said, injuries are inevitable for any team and, if we were to pick a game that we had to play with a depleted squad, a home game against the bottom side is the obvious choice.

I'd 100% start Declan McDaid for this game as a reward for his turbo charged humiliation of Scott McLaughlin for our second goal on Saturday.  Hilarious.

I'd start him if he promises to wear gloves again, thats the sign of an abso #baller.

Archived