KFC Vs Quinoa Thistle

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Can they scale up the space-age technology that is our 50/50 draw drum into something big enough for Edwards to climb in, then just have him  run around that for the game?  Lad'll enjoy it, he pure loves running.  You could probably hook it up to a dynamo to charge something up to shock Barton into action every minute or so.  Job done.

Connect it to dynamo and then we could submit the idea to Energy Check. I reckon he could power a couple of floodlights.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd rather start Fraser and Woods or Fraser and McCarthy ahead of Barton and Edwards right now. 

Edwards would rather be on TV, radio or doing rounds on social media promoting himself than playing football to preserve our premiership status. As for Barton he’s had some better performances but some absolute howlers and even those who stick up for him have to admit he’s not a grafter. At least Edwards runs and covers every blade of grass (or plastic in Rugby Parks case). [emoji6]

Problem is we don’t have the quality to bring in anyone else. McCarthy is neat, tidy and works hard enough but he’s not where we need him to be a force in league and we have so many injuries. Fraser and Woods are cover. Fraser whilst has potential and we saw this before this horrendous injury, is starting way behind as no preseason and takes months to build match fitness.

If Doolan is out again injured and we lose this game with others picking up points and we don’t get 10-12 points this December out of a possible 24 points on offer we’re toast. It’ll be too much to come back from in my book. I hope I’m dead wrong but we need 3-4 big results this month.

I’m for keeping Archie if we get detached and go down but he has to be told he’s made some poor decisions on players. And has never managed to get a forward who can assist Doolan in getting 10-12+ goals per season. We desperately need that if Doolan is struggling. Sammon has been poor and Storey whilst talented isn’t a goal scorer in vein of Doolz.

Killie are clearly an improved side. Let’s hope we can get the points but I also am concerned and not optimistic. 2-0 Killie for me. ☹️

Storey and Doolan up front. Get whatever you can out of Doolan and then put Erskine or even Lawless up beside Storey because your not getting much joy with high balls to Sammon agaisnt Greer + Broadfoot. Best chance against that CB pair is pace and/or intricate play

Some form or 352, would like to see McCarthy and Woods start and drop Keown so can put Barton back to sweeper

Edwards and Barton are both being played out of position. This has had a knock on effect coupled with the lack of a left wing back has affected the balance of the team.

To suggest they don't want the best for the team is nonsense.

Edwards and Barton are both being played out of position. This has had a knock on effect coupled with the lack of a left wing back has affected the balance of the team.
To suggest they don't want the best for the team is nonsense.

No one is suggesting that. He works very hard. I’m merely pointing out the lad has a penchant for social media and celebrity. He’s not in Kris Boyd’s league that’s for sure!

Edwards is still fighting for a place in Australia's world cup squad, so I expect an upturn in performances any minute now. 

I'm not sure how we can say McCarthy doesn't have what we need right now any more than you can say the same about Barton and Edwards. 

Conor Sammon is significantly worse than Ade Azeez. 

Tbf to Conor he's being played out of position quite a lot. But, still quite glad it's only a loan as we need to find someone that's actually been banging them in, rather than signing these guys that have like 40 odd appearances and 3 goals for previous clubs. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Tbf to Conor he's being played out of position quite a lot. But, still quite glad it's only a loan as we need to find someone that's actually been banging them in, rather than signing these guys that have like 40 odd appearances and 3 goals for previous clubs. 

Im really not sure Sammon has a position. 

How has Miles Storey been for you lads, seeing as how we were supposedly on the cusp of signing him before he came to Thistle?

He won Man of the Match last weekend.

Unfortunately, that says more about the rest of the team than him.
He’s pish.
I won’t be sad to see him go to Falkirk.

Archived