Refereeing Quality

yoyopack

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it's not calling him a 'faggot' that was the issue (it is an issue calling someone a faggot for obvious reasons) it was the context it was used in that makes it a homophobic slur for me justifying the red card. The player suggested that males who are gay fall a different way from straight males - what kind of comment is this? If you change the word faggot to for example n*gg*r it's still a red card neither are worse than each other. Assuming the referee completes the appropriate forms and sends them to SJFA I can see the hammer coming down on this player due to the amount of awareness around these types of issues and the obvious campaigns going on at the moment in senior football. The SJFA won't want to be seen as the only body that accepts homophobia as a 'part of football'.

To be fair, I'd also have liked to see some sort of action from the club too regarding one of it's players coming out with comments like this, if an OF player had the same comment there'd be national outrage.

5 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

For me, it's not calling him a 'faggot' that was the issue (it is an issue calling someone a faggot for obvious reasons) it was the context it was used in that makes it a homophobic slur for me justifying the red card. The player suggested that males who are gay fall a different way from straight males - what kind of comment is this? If you change the word faggot to for example n*gg*r it's still a red card neither are worse than each other. Assuming the referee completes the appropriate forms and sends them to SJFA I can see the hammer coming down on this player due to the amount of awareness around these types of issues and the obvious campaigns going on at the moment in senior football. The SJFA won't want to be seen as the only body that accepts homophobia as a 'part of football'.

To be fair, I'd also have liked to see some sort of action from the club too regarding one of it's players coming out with comments like this, if an OF player had the same comment there'd be national outrage.

That post is exactly what's wrong with today's world nobody actually gives a flying a f**k apart from a few hand ringers who feel it's there moral duty to act all I've never said or done anything in my life to cause offence.....news flash feck aff no cnut believes you.

There is more shite going on the world than too take the moral high ground because someone said get up ya faggott I mean seriously what the actual f**k.

That post is exactly what's wrong with today's world nobody actually gives a flying a f**k apart from a few hand ringers who feel it's there moral duty to act all I've never said or done anything in my life to cause offence.....news flash feck aff no cnut believes you.
There is more shite going on the world than too take the moral high ground because someone said get up ya faggott I mean seriously what the actual f**k.

Just because it doesn’t offend you or the majority of the people in attendance doesn’t stop it from being offensive language.

If the player had said get up ya n****r would that be enough for you or do you just live in the 70s all the time?

Who, if any, were the decent referees to come through in recent years gone by if we are saying the current crop are so poor?

Des Roach, late Renfrew treasurer was decent but chucked it after the son of Dallas leapfrogged him in the standings. That went well!

Euan Anderson is well liked but again hasn’t gone too far.

When you see the likes of Newlands, Collum, Walsh and Madden, you wonder where they get them.

It might be worth warning the spfl about those who are coming up.

Des Roach, late Renfrew treasurer was decent but chucked it after the son of Dallas leapfrogged him in the standings. That went well!
Euan Anderson is well liked but again hasn’t gone too far.
When you see the likes of Newlands, Callum, Walsh and Madden, you wonder where they get them.
It might be worth warning the spfl about those who are coming up.

Best ref I've saw for a wee while Is the young guy is it Dickinson?

Always seems to ref it with common sense and speaks to players ; needless to say in doing those things the poor lad won't go far .

As for the senior fans seeing poor refs us junior fans see them all first ; remember wullie collum in the juniors ???????? he was a disaster even back then as was the son of Hugh .

Best ref I've saw for a wee while Is the young guy is it Dickinson?

Always seems to ref it with common sense and speaks to players ; needless to say in doing those things the poor lad won't go far .

As for the senior fans seeing poor refs us junior fans see them all first ; remember wullie collum in the juniors ???????? he was a disaster even back then as was the son of Hugh .

I'm sure Andrew Dallas never refereed in the juniors, or if he did it was only for a season.

Most of the ones who end up in the Premiership don't tend to hang around too long at the lower levels. Nick Walsh for example was refereeing Premiership matches last season but was doing the juniors only 2 or 3 years ago.

I'm sure Andrew Dallas never refereed in the juniors...

He absolutely did, I remember him adding on 6 minutes of stoppage time at Lesmahagow allowing Tony Fraser to complete a hat trick in the 95th minute for Glencairn's 3-2 win.

I'm sure Andrew Dallas never refereed in the juniors, or if he did it was only for a season.

He was ref when Meadow beat Ashfield in West of Scotland Cup Final in 2012 and done a few other Meadow games that season and perhaps season before too.

Most of the ones who end up in the Premiership don't tend to hang around too long at the lower levels. Nick Walsh for example was refereeing Premiership matches last season but was doing the juniors only 2 or 3 years ago.

Yeah he most certainly did , I remember pc cabe doing a Spiderman impression and was hanging from the metal grill up at adamslie park after Dallas infuriated him too much [emoji23]

Anyone know what's happened to Craig Napier since he moved upstairs ? He really knew how to create havoc in a game

According to this link (not sure how reliable) he’s given 39 yellow cards in 11 games this season and doesn’t appear to have done a game since he handed out 5 yellows in the Scottish cup.

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1572

According to this link (not sure how reliable) he’s given 39 yellow cards in 11 games this season and doesn’t appear to have done a game since he handed out 5 yellows in the Scottish cup.

Some things never change lol, last time I saw him and I think it was his last game in the juniors was after we won the Scottish cup and played meadow at abbey park in the Ayrshire cup final , we won 5-1 I think it was and think he sent off three players without one bad tackle in the game - normally I stick up for refs as it's a horrendous job but this really had to be seen to be believed - was as though it was his parting shot to the juniors - we won 5-1 that night and all everyone including neutrals could talk about at the end of the game was his performance which summed it up .

Was great for junior football when Napier stepped up.

A ref could turn a game without a bad tackle into a free for all by his bad handling of situations.

Know a few people who know him away from football and don’t speak that high of him away from the game either.

Look forward to seeing him cause mayhem in senior football in the years to come.

Was great for junior football when Napier stepped up.

A ref could turn a game without a bad tackle into a free for all by his bad handling of situations.

Know a few people who know him away from football and don’t speak that high of him away from the game either.

Look forward to seeing him cause mayhem in senior football in the years to come.

Do you have any examples and how you’d have/expected the referee to have handled it differently? It’s interesting I always give referees the benefit of the doubt as it’s really difficult to make a split second decision in real time (how much times do we watch slow motion replays to conclude our viewpoint) but this referee is always mentioned as poor?

Archived