Refereeing Quality

yoyopack

2 minutes ago, bc57 said:

The vast majority of us are guilty at calling out mistakes by the officials disproportionately to the mistakes made by our own players.  Happy to upset the officials, less so our own players.

Totally agree. My post was just pointing out that people on hear say you can't call out refs as who would do that job, but equally attack the fixtures guy on here. Both take a wage, so both should be allowed to be criticised.

3 minutes ago, xastrax said:

I was only staying wat the ref said never herd wat was said it’s a mans game

Not sure if I understand the "it's a mans game" bit of your post? 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for standing up against to the likes of his homophobia/racism but come on it is a pathetic decision to send off a player for such a comment directed towards another player. I can understand if it's perhaps the referee but players have tit for tat insults all the time. It's a poor decision at the end of the day 

I'm all for standing up against to the likes of his homophobia/racism but come on it is a pathetic decision to send off a player for such a comment directed towards another player. I can understand if it's perhaps the referee but players have tit for tat insults all the time. It's a poor decision at the end of the day 

Exactly there are lots comments made on football parks and tit for tat players are always gonna say stuff to other players most shake hands after game. And it’s over with

Sending a player off for calling someone a faggot is perfectly acceptable.

It absolutely blows my mind that people find that type of language acceptable.

7 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Sending a player off for calling someone a faggot is perfectly acceptable.

It absolutely blows my mind that people find that type of language acceptable.

So if someone calls a player something to do with being black yet they're white they should be sent off? I highly doubt it. Was the abused player a homosexual? The world has gone crazy. Seriously. 

So if someone calls a player something to do with being black yet they're white they should be sent off? I highly doubt it. Was the abused player a homosexual? The world has gone crazy. Seriously. 

I’d have to be a dribbling moron if I went around calling folk a derogatory name whether they were black or white, straight or gay.

Exactly there are lots comments made on football parks and tit for tat players are always gonna say stuff to other players most shake hands after game. And it’s over with

The issue isn’t if the other players are offended by it and if they shake hands at the end of the game, it’s that saying things that are homophobic / racist / sectarian should be treated in the appropriate way. The comments made by the player were homophobic and rightly dealt with, but you and another seem to defend that.

In the past at junior football I have seen clubs support ‘show racism the red card’ today Pollok players supported rainbow laces, Its now 2017 and clubs should be playing their part to ensure football is inclusive to everyone, regardless of sex, race, religion and sexuality. However people defending comments by players doesn’t help achieve that and posting that its a mans game is as equal to Trump and his ‘locker room’ comments.

38 minutes ago, yoyopack said:

^^^

Mon the Juniors. 

16 minutes ago, superpollok said:

The issue isn’t if the other players are offended by it and if they shake hands at the end of the game, it’s that saying things that are homophobic / racist / sectarian should be treated in the appropriate way. The comments made by the player were homophobic and rightly dealt with, but you and another seem to defend that.

In the past at junior football I have seen clubs support ‘show racism the red card’ today Pollok players supported rainbow laces, Its now 2017 and clubs should be playing their part to ensure football is inclusive to everyone, regardless of sex, race, religion and sexuality. However people defending comments by players doesn’t help achieve that and posting that its a mans game is as equal to Trump and his ‘locker room’ comments.

Can't believe that this still needs explaining. 

That's what I mean. Every week someone comes on here greetin' about refs. The boy will have been roared at the whole game by bawheids who think a fiver entry fee buys them a couple of hours of spewing profanities and insults. No wonder the refereeing is substandard. You should be amazed anyone will do it!

I usually agree with most things you say, but that p***ks display could cost folk their job! Should we just let it go because nobody else wants to do it?? He done the course and put himself forward, so we’ll expect him to get the basics right. He sent our boy aff for a 2nd yellow when he hadn’t even had a 1st yellow. Knew he’d fucked up, but because he marked wrong number in his book earlier, player had to go. Made that many mistakes, he got in wrong car when he was heading hame [emoji30]

I should add, at 11v11 it was an even game and could’ve went anyway. Fair play to Grierson, hes got 11 boys there that will fight for everything. Iv no doubt we willnae be the only team to drop points up there

10 hours ago, superpollok said:

But the ref collects a wage. So surely allowed to be called out when they ruin a game or are not to standard.

As the guy who does the fixtures collects a wage and we are constantly reminded about his ‘performance’ on here daily, so why not the same for a ref?

Firstly, are the wages comparable, given that the fixtures man is in room with the door shut and not stepping out in the rain and cold in front of two sets of fans, neither of which like you before you blow the whistle? I doubt it.

Then, the level of abuse fellamelad with the fixtures gets is limited to written complaints. Refs however are regularly subjected to all the crap of the day from dafties standing 5 feet from them....and that’s just the supporters. 

I’m not suggesting they are perfect but they are at the bottom of the ladder, in terms of experience, and the very fact that they are prepared to do it means that we can all go and watch a game at this level. 

9 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

I usually agree with most things you say, but that p***ks display could cost folk their job! Should we just let it go because nobody else wants to do it?? He done the course and put himself forward, so we’ll expect him to get the basics right. He sent our boy aff for a 2nd yellow when he hadn’t even had a 1st yellow. Knew he’d fucked up, but because he marked wrong number in his book earlier, player had to go. Made that many mistakes, he got in wrong car when he was heading hame emoji30.png

Of course I can’t comment on the match so I bow to your opinion pal.

Broadly though, it’s rare to find that both sets of fans are complaining about the ref at the end of the match. In fact that’s been shown earlier in this thread where someone said the decisions were correct. 

If youre going to send people off for shouting things like get up you faggot then we will end up with 7 a side every week , it's hardly a hanging offence , it's a passionate game and things are shouted in the heat of the moment , I dont think the guy on the recieving end of the faggot blast would have lost much sleep over it to be honest

The referee probably officiated this game with no linesmen, and to be honest its a big ask to try and keep on top of a game on your lonesome. I think what we miss here is the fact that some of the players antics on the field makes the refs job even harder.

3 minutes ago, theshed said:

If youre going to send people off for shouting things like get up you faggot then we will end up with 7 a side every week , it's hardly a hanging offence , it's a passionate game and things are shouted in the heat of the moment , I dont think the guy on the recieving end of the faggot blast would have lost much sleep over it to be honest

It's biggoted language, societies rules don't stop applying when you walk through the gates of a football ground. 

Hanging offence? No, but I'd still expect to get a tap on the shoulder from HR if I said it to someone at work, and as the players are in a paid position with the public watching I don't see why the same rules shouldn't apply. 

A card from the ref is hardly a life altering punishment anyway. 

The referee probably officiated this game with no linesmen, and to be honest its a big ask to try and keep on top of a game on your lonesome. I think what we miss here is the fact that some of the players antics on the field makes the refs job even harder.

Exactly it's the hardest job in the world ; 22 guys who will do anything to seek any advantage at all in any situation and who in their right mind would do it

Of course I can’t comment on the match so I bow to your opinion pal.
Broadly though, it’s rare to find that both sets of fans are complaining about the ref at the end of the match. In fact that’s been shown earlier in this thread where someone said the decisions were correct. 

Well after game shaking George’s hand he agreed the ref was shocking not just for us but for both teams and that sending off was a joke

And he needs linesman to book the right player. He booked a guy for supposedly diving in first half most refs shout over player ask his name check his number. Then Mark in book boy in second half gets second yellow. Only prob was it was diff boy that hadn’t even been booked even after having it pointed out to him refused to take any notice

Archived