Stranraer v uppers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, South Fan said:

I wasn't a this fixture yesterday but assaulting an official if true is unexceptable at any level of football but obviously I can't comment on this as the facts are not in the public domain, my concern is the standard of refereeing at South level is very very poor, and I think the league or who ever appoints these referees need to take responsibility for this, and another concern is why a Stranraer resident is refereeing Stranraer FC games? Surely there's enough referees that they can make sure this doesn't happen,Mr Jamison doesn't referee Threave games as his son plays there I know this isn't exactly the same situation but there has been a few teams aggrieved in recent months on what I've read about teams not getting a fair crack when they play Stranraer and Mr Sutherland is in charge, and coincidentally the away team if true feeling aggrieved yesterday again.

Teams not getting a fair play when they play Stranraer ? Whatever you’re reading or hearing is wrong as Mr Sutherland will treat both teams exact same as they come, in fact he sent off three Stranraer boys in one game this season And also another boy the other week so I don’t think Mr Sutherland is Doing any favours for Stranraer. 

In fact I’ve been told Stranraer would prefer him not to ref their games from decisions and performances he has took charge of 

11 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Teams not getting a fair play when they play Stranraer ? Whatever you’re reading or hearing is wrong as Mr Sutherland will treat both teams exact same as they come, in fact he sent off three Stranraer boys in one game this season And also another boy the other week so I don’t think Mr Sutherland is Doing any favours for Stranraer. 

In fact I’ve been told Stranraer would prefer him not to ref their games from decisions and performances he has took charge of 

Apparently Stranraer requested that Sean did not referee any more of their games after the game you mentioned.

7 hours ago, South fan 2 said:

Heard a few south teams have complained about him but got him more often. He has no communication skills and has been thrown in  because there arnt enough refs about.

Some of that blame lies with the association. Twice I've registered details with interested in becoming a referee and still awaiting a response.

Bring back big hop a ref who you could speak to and would speak back to you with respect for each other, this running around sayn this is my park im in charge is ok if you control the game, the first card on saturday was after 1 minute

On 3 December 2017 at 11:22, info said:

Regular South fans are well aware Sean's man management skills are none existent. This is something the South and the SFA need to look more closely at. Knowing the laws of the game are important but administering them sensibly and tactfully is also very important. Please don't hide behind the "there would be no games if there were no refs" mantra. You also risk driving players away from the game.

I was not at the game and can not comment on the incident only the trend in refereeing. 

Probably won't be played at stair park  ,,what's going on up there can they just play anywhere 

Think they have the 3G at Stranraer Academy as a registered pitch too.
IMO Stair Park should be for the first team only.

• 3 weeks later...
If a player head-butted a referee (as mentioned above) he'll be lucky not to be banned from the game sine-die.

Am I reading right in the Disciplinary List issued this week??

The Uppers lad got a 7 game ban??

Lochar Th had a boy sent off and reported for swearing who also got 7 games!!!

Surely shouldn’t be classed the same?

• 3 weeks later...

Has Mr Sutherland signed for Stranraer ? Only seems to ref there games very strange. Usually  you see same ref maybe 4 or 5 times a season how many times has Stranraer had him this season. They must be fed up of the sight of him poor show from  association and whoever appints refs.

13 hours ago, South fan 2 said:

Has Mr Sutherland signed for Stranraer ? Only seems to ref there games very strange. Usually  you see same ref maybe 4 or 5 times a season how many times has Stranraer had him this season. They must be fed up of the sight of him poor show from  association and whoever appints refs.

Think he's had the last four home games.

Archived