Stranraer v uppers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hugh Janus said:

Only a matter of time before this happened. Maybe now the sfa will actually come and assess the referees in the league. They are full of their own importance and do not have the ability or savie!

And therefore deserve to be headbutted? (Allegedly)

These Refs are assessed, but the problem is there is a gap between Sunday LG and Professional which these guys are having to bridge the gap. Most have been fast tracked or pushed in to this.  This assault  (allegedly) needs to be acted upon, and Uppers will likely be heavily punished for this, along with the (alleged) thug 

14 hours ago, neily1690 said:

Was at game the game continued to half time both teams came out for 2nd half then ref never appeared, rumour was he foned sfa at half time ,

Regular South fans are well aware Sean's man management skills are none existent. This is something the South and the SFA need to look more closely at. Knowing the laws of the game are important but administering them sensibly and tactfully is also very important. Please don't hide behind the "there would be no games if there were no refs" mantra. You also risk driving players away from the game.

I was not at the game and can not comment on the incident only the trend in refereeing. 

I wasn't a this fixture yesterday but assaulting an official if true is unexceptable at any level of football but obviously I can't comment on this as the facts are not in the public domain, my concern is the standard of refereeing at South level is very very poor, and I think the league or who ever appoints these referees need to take responsibility for this, and another concern is why a Stranraer resident is refereeing Stranraer FC games? Surely there's enough referees that they can make sure this doesn't happen,Mr Jamison doesn't referee Threave games as his son plays there I know this isn't exactly the same situation but there has been a few teams aggrieved in recent months on what I've read about teams not getting a fair crack when they play Stranraer and Mr Sutherland is in charge, and coincidentally the away team if true feeling aggrieved yesterday again.

I have to agree about the standard of officiating in the SOSL. Too many refs are full of their own importance and want to make the game all about them. I don't condone assaulting a ref but it's been coming in that league for a while. Just shocked it wasn't Lloyd that got it the way he gets in players faces

If the allegations are true ,then the individual and team will be hamered.
The quality of referee's is getting better .Think back to billy" i am here for controversy " ,and loyd " its all about me " and you get the picture.
The young ginger lad is horrific and hasn't a scooby.Him apart its not too bad.All the teams want is refs to be consistent and use a bit of common sense.

Archived