Paedophile hunters

One of the groups took a serious grudge against some boy in Hamilton about 6 months ago. Ended up getting him named and shamed, drummed out his house, Facebook mums protesting outside his bedroom window for weeks on end. Turned out he'd pumped and dumped one of the group's organisers and in retaliation she'd decided to spread lies throughout her own group he was a paedo. Lovely, lovely people 

4 hours ago, madwullie said:

One of the groups took a serious grudge against some boy in Hamilton about 6 months ago. Ended up getting him named and shamed, drummed out his house, Facebook mums protesting outside his bedroom window for weeks on end. Turned out he'd pumped and dumped one of the group's organisers and in retaliation she'd decided to spread lies throughout her own group he was a paedo. Lovely, lovely people 

Women are wired up wrong

There was a Facebook manhunt for a gentleman seen taking pictures of kids at a local playpark, someone had taken a picture of him and posted it on-line. It turned in to a race between the police and a baying mob to find him first. 

The police got to him first and checked his camera. He had been taking pictures of the beach and the horizon. He was staying at a local hotel on business and was from India. So the poor sod had been out taking pictures of the Ayrshire coast to share with his family and ended up the victim of a racist noncehunt. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/facebook-gossip-causes-storm-troon-5327982

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There was a Facebook manhunt for a gentleman seen taking pictures of kids at a local playpark, someone had taken a picture of him and posted it on-line. It turned in to a race between the police and a baying mob to find him first. 

The police got to him first and checked his camera. He had been taking pictures of the beach and the horizon. He was staying at a local hotel on business and was from India. So the poor sod had been out taking pictures of the Ayrshire coast to share with his family and ended up the victim of a racist noncehunt. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/facebook-gossip-causes-storm-troon-5327982

I do enjoy the comment from a delusional nutbag.

She wrote: “He was standing at a bus stop outside as I walked in and was still there when I left. I looked at him as we walked past and then he walked off towards Deveron Road.”

Hanging is clearly too good for this gentleman

51 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Would it have hurt the Daily Record to replace the words "alleged beast" with "innocent person"? 

On 07/09/2020 at 13:01, Gaz FFC said:

I do enjoy the comment from a delusional nutbag.

She wrote: “He was standing at a bus stop outside as I walked in and was still there when I left. I looked at him as we walked past and then he walked off towards Deveron Road.”

Hanging is clearly too good for this gentleman

In with the nonces.

On 07/09/2020 at 06:40, madwullie said:

That's harrowing as no matter how much the lies have been proven as such, there will still be folk that use it as a stick to beat him with. 

I may be wrong but was there not a case of a pediatrician getting ran out of their home after the locals sprayed peado all over the house after mistaking pediatrician for paedophile?
Wouldn't surprise me although I thought it was after the News of the World published a list of them. There were some cases of mistaken identity after that iirc

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

I may be wrong but was there not a case of a pediatrician getting ran out of their home after the locals sprayed peado all over the house after mistaking pediatrician for paedophile?

Wasn't that in Stirling?

Did they also throw rocks at a pedalo and stamp on a centipede?

Edited by Arch Stanton

I’m pretty sure it’s just an urban myth, like the story about a burglar suing a woman because she left a knife out on her worktop which cut the burglars leg when he fell through the roof.

32 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m pretty sure it’s just an urban myth, like the story about a burglar suing a woman because she left a knife out on her worktop which cut the burglars leg when he fell through the roof.

The story of the paediatrician is true.  Following the murder of Sara Payne (a little girl kidnapped and murdered by convicted paedophile Roy Whiting in 2000) the News of the World, under editor REbekah Brooks, ran a campaign for Sara's Law, which would make the sex offenders register public.  They also started naming and publishing the photographs of paedophiles in the paper.  During this campaign, a paediatrician in Newport came home from work to find the word 'Paedo' painted on her front door.  There was no mob but she moved house shortly afterwards, understandably.  Her name was Yvette Cloete.

Edited by ICTChris

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

Ricky Gervais did a joke about it, imagining a mob outside the building and one of them noticing the bronze plaque at the door and saying, this one is brazen

Its all in the delivery...................

Edited by diegomarahenry