EOS Grounds for Optimism

44 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Guess they could always go back to being Jubilee Athletic again, but is this new ground not easy walking distance from Rosyth's railway station?

15 to 20 minute walk. The new ground isn't in Rosyth but its about as close as you could get and not really any further from the centre of Rosyth than the Fleet Grounds.

5 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

15 to 20 minute walk. The new ground isn't in Rosyth but its about as close as you could get and not really any further from the centre of Rosyth than the Fleet Grounds.

10 minute walk maximum from train station.

Maybe my memory is slightly playing tricks, but I seem to believe rosyth started out as Dunfermline jubilee, playing out of Pitreavie athletics ground? But of a full circle if I’m correct.

It’s potentially good news for rosyth,  but getting into bed with utter fucking rats doesn’t always end well.

On 19/02/2023 at 20:16, HibeeJibee said:

Rosyth: Lidl ready to checkout site after pitch deal | Dunfermline Press

A NEW football pitch at Pitreavie will finally allow Lidl to achieve their goal of opening a supermarket in Rosyth.

A deal for land at Admiralty Road has been in place for years but on condition that a replacement ground be provided for Rosyth FC, who were turfed out by Fife Council in 2018 to make way for the store. The East of Scotland League side have been homeless ever since, with potential moves to other locations in the town falling through, which meant work on the Lidl site could not get underway either.

However, the stalemate has been broken with planning permission now in place for Rosyth's new pitch at Pitreavie playing fields, while the condition has been altered which gives the green light for the supermarket to be built.

Vice chairman of the club, Russell Craig, told the Press:
"Myself and Dean (Ogg, chairman) are absolutely ecstatic for the whole community. "To finally get this past the post is not just monumental for the club but for Rosyth as a whole as they'll finally get their supermarket too. "For us, this will secure the future of the club. We're here for the next 25 years and this will give us the security to really kick on."

When work gets the go-ahead, he reckoned the pitch will be built in 12 weeks.

Russell added:
"For the internal stuff, we've got companies lined up and dates set aside, it'll be like DIY SOS with everyone coming together and working flat out "I'm hoping for a star-studded opening for the start of pre-season, at the very latest, but we could be in before the end of the season."

The new artificial surface, surrounded by a boundary fence and six floodlights, will be close to the entrance to the playing fields and replace an existing grass pitch. The planning application was submitted last August by Karen Masterton, of Charlestown Holdings Ltd (SASS), and approved at the start of this month. Rosyth FC's new ground will be to the west of both the pavilion and the existing full size artificial pitch. It will also be available for community use.

Russell said:
"Rosyth is a big town and the football club is a huge part of the community. "I can't praise our volunteers enough. We've got so many people that help us out, including the supporters – not just supporting us financially but those that come and watch the team play – youngsters and families that all have a vested interest. "I'm really pleased for them too."

Fife Council want this to move fast so they can reclaim the Fleet Grounds to push their plans for the Inverkeithing High School replacement.

Can we not just cut the grass, give them their own pitch back and pretend this never happened?

It’s actually heartbreaking seeing it still there not being used for anything. That plan looks like Fleet Grounds 2.0. If they are lucky they might get a Bothwellhaugh-type setup eventually which would be decent enough but looks a long way away

36 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Can we not just cut the grass, give them their own pitch back and pretend this never happened?

It’s actually heartbreaking seeing it still there not being used for anything. That plan looks like Fleet Grounds 2.0. If they are lucky they might get a Bothwellhaugh-type setup eventually which would be decent enough but looks a long way away

I can’t understand why they weren’t allowed to use the ground until Lidl were ready to build their new store.

10 hours ago, Spyro said:

...That plan looks like Fleet Grounds 2.0...

If the issue with Letham was the distance between the dressing rooms and the pitch, it's difficult to see how the setup in this graphic from the previous page meets the EoS requirements.

IMG-20230216-WA0006.jpg

Maybe Peebles Rovers sets a precedent for existing members to be given leeway on that.

9 hours ago, patriot1 said:

I can’t understand why they weren’t allowed to use the ground until Lidl were ready to build their new store.

It wasn't about lidl being ready. They were being prevented from doing anything because the developer didn't follow its agreements.

It was probably done by council in good faith that the developer would keep to its word. 

15 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Will be rubbish if its just a cage and an artificial pitch. Surely a wee stand or an enclosure or something and a dedicated toilet block and catering outlet rather than using the communal changing facilities should be a minimum. Can't see the Mastertons helping out much though.

I believe that there will be toilets and a catering outlet within the enclosed area around the pitch. No stand or enclosure that I am aware of but I was told that there will be room for one if the club want to do it.