EOS Grounds for Optimism

32 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Remarkable amout of sprucing-up, pavilion upgrades and floodlight erecting seen this year.

I note Musselburgh's now put a roof on terrace behind north goal, to create additional cover:

Certainly a power of work done by committees and fans alike over the summer.

Hopefully fans will be let back in sooner rather than later and you can all admire my paint work at Dunbar United!

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Remarkable amout of sprucing-up, pavilion upgrades and floodlight erecting seen this year.

I note Musselburgh's now put a roof on terrace behind north goal, to create additional cover:

It was put HJ for cover for the home team for the initial pre-match bubble, then for half time. Due to safe distancing, we are not using changing rooms and gave the covered terracing to the away team. Initially our players were stood/sat on uncovered terracing at dugout side until we got the temporary covering a couple of weeks ago. 

Thornton's fence has taken shape but helpfully there's still a few bits to complete [emoji6]
image_5fb02c8047be7.JPG%26o=jpg%26q=70&key=9736db3248ad41a4ea8e1f6ce062a5989436e1969cbf13c88fb37c761792216a

Looks like they will need to put doors in there with the opening bar.

Does anyone know what’s happening with the shippy floodlights. They’ve had big holes made for ages but not seen any progress

On 13/11/2020 at 22:46, HibeeJibee said:

Is that silver roof on the building next to the pavilion extending over the terrace?

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Yep.

They've now boxed-it-in with plywood/similar to provide additional sheltered outdoor dressing and preparation space.

EmszAQmXUAADpIH?format=jpg&name=large

Wasn’t all that long ago I was last there but can’t even remember what was in that bit of the ground. Definitely wasn’t a terrace though. 🤔

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Wasn’t all that long ago I was last there but can’t even remember what was in that bit of the ground. Definitely wasn’t a terrace though. 🤔

Gap between pavilion and toilet block IIRC. Did they not sometimes have a container sat there and store portable goals?

EDIT: You can see the extreme lefthand end of it here:

Musselburgh goals v Livingston 29/07/14 - Olivebank - YouTube

EDIT AGAIN: This older shot seems to show containers/cabins:

Olivebank Stadium (Musselburgh Athletic) | Football Grounds I Can Be  Bothered To Visit

Edited by HibeeJibee

37 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Gap between pavilion and toilet block IIRC. Did they not sometimes have a container sat there and store portable goals?

EDIT: You can see the extreme lefthand end of it here:

Musselburgh goals v Livingston 29/07/14 - Olivebank - YouTube

EDIT AGAIN: This older shot seems to show containers/cabins:

Olivebank Stadium (Musselburgh Athletic) | Football Grounds I Can Be  Bothered To Visit

Aye it was cabins I was thinking were there but couldn’t remember. Was confused at how they’d managed to somehow fit an enclosure in when I was remembering behind the goal being little more than a path along the width of the park.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Is that silver roof on the building next to the pavilion extending over the terrace?

No, 8Mile, it is a reinforced plastic covering, which has been hot-sealed and meant to have a five-year guarantee.

we have not used the changing rooms (apart from the referee/lines persons) this season. Away team get the covered terracing, opposite the dugouts as their ‘bubble’ our players were next to dugouts, so Burgh sources the covered shelter for their players.

Then we were advised that due to entry in Scottish Cup, we had to have a ‘sealed’ dressing room facilities for both sides.

So, away teams will have both home/away dressing rooms - 9 in each. For home side, we had, to decide what to do, so shelved out on purchase of wood to build temp dressing room which can accommodate the hometeam.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye it was cabins I was thinking were there but couldn’t remember. Was confused at how they’d managed to somehow fit an enclosure in when I was remembering behind the goal being little more than a path along the width of the park.

For last couple of seasons, it is a 3 tier area behind the goals, with a path at ground level. 

10 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

No, 8Mile, it is a reinforced plastic covering, which has been hot-sealed and meant to have a five-year guarantee.

we have not used the changing rooms (apart from the referee/lines persons) this season. Away team get the covered terracing, opposite the dugouts as their ‘bubble’ our players were next to dugouts, so Burgh sources the covered shelter for their players.

Then we were advised that due to entry in Scottish Cup, we had to have a ‘sealed’ dressing room facilities for both sides.

So, away teams will have both home/away dressing rooms - 9 in each. For home side, we had, to decide what to do, so shelved out on purchase of wood to build temp dressing room which can accommodate the hometeam.

Cool just wondered. Couldn’t tell from HJs photo exactly what was going on. 

On 18/11/2020 at 20:44, Casey Jones said:

Dunbar's 5 year guaranteed glorified carports have lasted 20 years now so if you don't get any howling gales...

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Dunbar's 5 year guaranteed glorified carports have lasted 20 years now so if you don't get any howling gales...

🤣🤣🤣 I think the idea is to stick with this for a couple of seasons, then g for a proper roof structure! 

If only came about due to COVID and not being able to use the dressing rooms for changing. While away team had a covering, our team didn’t. When it was costed, it was quite expensive to pay a monthly fee for the uprights, so idea was to get a quick roofing structure and pay for whole thing. It definitely gives the team shelter, and was modified again, for SFA requirements for dressing rooms for Scottish Cup. 

4 hours ago, Burnieman said:

In the absence of fans, pigeons have turned our enclosure into a dookit. Anyone know a good exterminator?

Can you get one of those plastic owls (as seen at Tynecastle and Forfar) or those hawk kites you see fermers flying over fields.

Or the fox that shat on Spartans' pitch...

46 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Can you get one of those plastic owls (as seen at Tynecastle and Forfar) or those hawk kites you see fermers flying over fields.

Or the fox that shat on Spartans' pitch...

Might need a Flying Fox.....