EOS Grounds for Optimism

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Pray for Casey Jones......the lack of Fitbaw has left him confused and bewildered.

Oh DD! I need more that just for everyone to pray for me! I need the First Minister to come to her senses!

i can see, initially there may be a need to restrict crowds at matches, It would then be up to the home team to administer this, with all fans knowing, that if they muck this up, we could have no football for a lot longer! 

1 hour ago, Ormi said:

10th June? I hope not! 😂

Agree though - I hope common sense prevails and fans are allowed in. 

Cheers Ormi! Must be delirious with no football for coming up to 6 months and now being told to wait an indefinite period longer! 😢

17 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Oh DD! I need more that just for everyone to pray for me! I need the First Minister to come to her senses!

i can see, initially there may be a need to restrict crowds at matches, It would then be up to the home team to administer this, with all fans knowing, that if they muck this up, we could have no football for a lot longer! 

Cheers Ormi! Must be delirious with no football for coming up to 6 months and now being told to wait an indefinite period longer! 😢

Restrict to home supporters only  (initially) ? 

My first covid19 game today in Bristol was Almondsbury  2 Wincanton 1 in the Western League (step 6)  temp check, hand sanitizer and give your details. One way system around ground, distancing marked out. Teams had max 6 in changing rooms at one time, no showers. You could get a drink in the cricket pavilion/clubhouse, overall a fairly safe place to be. Att only around 50+

I seriously don't think that we will start up on 10th Oct if you cannot use changing rooms or showers, how the Scot Gov thinks

that it is ok for growing men to turn up at a football ground ready to play then to get back in their car without having a shower

after the game is finished is beyond me.

3 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Restrict to home supporters only  (initially) ? 

Thats my thoughts. I can see no reason why, for example, an initial crowd limit of 300 be placed on matches at tier 5-7. Lets prove we can control effectively safe distance watching of matches. If successful with all clubs, hopefully increase capacity that is acceptable to Scottish Government and SFA.

If home club think it can get 250 of its own supporters in, no away fans. Allowance in no.s for both committees, players not included in squad for that day, camera person, and a league official (?) who may want to monitor match.

If clubs know they won’t get a big crowd, then, pre-notice to away team that some of their fans may be allowed in.

Not an exact science but...

11 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

I seriously don't think that we will start up on 10th Oct if you cannot use changing rooms or showers, how the Scot Gov thinks

that it is ok for growing men to turn up at a football ground ready to play then to get back in their car without having a shower

after the game is finished is beyond me.

Not just the Scot gov, that's how the English FA have got things going, from local parks football upwards. Not the usual,normal matchday experience but it's got the game up and running, with fans allowed back in. Think the 150 up to 300 max crowds is workable for clubs from what I've seen.

14 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Season ticket entry, and online purchases only.  At Linlithgow we utilise the services of fanbase so have a record of all those who have purchased tickets for our games.     If we suddenly get interest from say an address in Dalkeith we would know its not one of our support.

At this level, plenty of people know people at other clubs, so what would stop a Linlithgow fan to just buy a ticket for a Dalkeith fan and passing it on? I don't think banning away fans would do much anyway. There aren't that many clubs that take huge away followings. Crowds will have to be limited, but it can simply be done by making it all-ticket on a first come first serve basis. Obviously ST holders should always have a right to come (unless there are more ST holders than the limited capacity is, but I doubt that would be the case for many clubs at this level).

44 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Season ticket entry, and online purchases only.  At Linlithgow we utilise the services of fanbase so have a record of all those who have purchased tickets for our games.     If we suddenly get interest from say an address in Dalkeith we would know its not one of our support.

Season tickets I get, On line purchases there are quite a lot of elderly people watch non league who wouldn't even know how to use the remote for the tv far less go on line and buy tickets. 

I get its modern technology but spare a thought for them. 

What's a fanbase lol half or more of the EOSFL or most non leagues in Scotland struggle to get 3 figures at games?

Yer no gonnae deny somebody surely because they not internet savvy and what about ground hoppers,what if that Dalkeith address you say you wouldn't let in only wanted to watch a match,there are plenty neutrals around these days as well? 

Down here at certain tiers it was restricted to the 1st 150 through the gate then extended to 300 and I havent heard of anybody not getting in as yet to a match? 

Edited by newcastle broon

22 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Season tickets I get, On line purchases there are quite a lot of elderly people watch non league who wouldn't even know how to use the remote for the tv far less go on line and buy tickets. 

I get its modern technology but spare a thought for them. 

Clach will probably have similar difficulties to work around with this, but it's worth it imo to boost confidence in the powers that be we're taking it seriously. Trialling it out with the players, staff and blazers should iron out problems hopefully. Can't be that expensive if Clach are doing it.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/football-club-is-on-the-ball-for-coronavirus-track-and-trace-211370/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

That’s a bit of flawed logic though and would effectively just be someone making assumptions at the end of the day, albeit I know you’ve said it’s all conjecture at the moment.

Obviously committee men and other supporters know both of us at our respective clubs, but not everyone knows everyone at games. However, a club’s biggest fan might be some guy who attends and pays at the gate every single match. However if it were limited to tickets bought online only, despite being the fans that never miss a match, we’d maybe get the knockback or told to get tae The Shire or Camelon because of the FK postcodes?

Edited by 8MileBU

Bonkers can drink at the pub and no even stay 2M away, bingo, swimming, protesting. But football out in fresh air no allowed. SFA on at the government for it, or do they no care as SPL fine for TV cash? Championship, League 1, League 2 will need fans back too even more than most of the little teams with all there wage bills. Let fans back in October or November theyre back in Englandshire.

58 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The SFA have said there will be no financial assistance coming our way, they have lost a packet already with Israel game etc so us the clubs have to look after ourselves.   

Are you getting anything from the Scottish Football Partnership? Doesn't sound like much anyway..

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/highland-league-clubs-given-access-to-funding-to-tackle-coronavirus-211397/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Yeh it's all guesswork but that's some of the options being discussed behind the scenes.

Whatever they stipulate we will do it as we need fans.

Without matchday income you will watch a lot of clubs go bust within three months.

My priority is to ensure the survival of every club at our level, if that means not starting until we have fans in the ground then that will  be what I will be advocating for.

The SFA have said there will be no financial assistance coming our way, they have lost a packet already with Israel game etc so us the clubs have to look after ourselves.   

As much as we are desperate to get back we cannot just go bang let's go for it and then the bills start.  Players will want paid and rightly so.

At our level the vast majoirty of income is matchday whether it be hospitality, raffles, gate money.  Without this income stream you can forget about it  irrespective of whether its Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Kennoway or whoever.  Yes we all have different operating costs but the ramifications are the same without income.

Hopefully we get some positive noises coming soon from Holyrood about fans but I really fear we won't.  We've done everything we can, covid co-ordinators at clubs, risk assessments, check lists, etc etc, we need the go ahead to have fans though.  If they can manage it all over Europe, and of course England then there is no reason not to have fans in the grounds distanced, especially when the science says outside transmission is minimal.   We need the SG to trust us to get it right.  We need football back for people's mental health too and through this situation people's MH has dipped.

Let's hope for some positive noises this week but as I said for me if there are no fans for more than a few weeks then it's a disaster.

Yup, bang on the money, no pun intended. Without fans and gate money, football clubs all across the board are on an increasingly shoogly peg. I know some clubs in the lower leagues have sounded out players about foregoing wages and I know some players are happy to do so, but I know of a few players who simply cannot afford to NOT take a wage due to being furloughed or out of work altogether. 

I have to say I was at Blyth Town yesterday and their ground is very similar to Easthouses or Haddington There was about 100 people spread out although you could probably have had double around the ground and still had social distancing.

I came back up the road wondering why you couldn't allow the majority of EOSFL games to go ahead 

43 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I have to say I was at Blyth Town yesterday and their ground is very similar to Easthouses or Haddington There was about 100 people spread out although you could probably have had double around the ground and still had social distancing.

I came back up the road wondering why you couldn't allow the majority of EOSFL games to go ahead 

Yip certainly is my take on it as well.

You were in Northumberland yesterday watching fitba yet up the road in the same county Berwick Rangers cant play. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

That’s a bit of flawed logic though and would effectively just be someone making assumptions at the end of the day, albeit I know you’ve said it’s all conjecture at the moment.

Obviously committee men and other supporters know both of us at our respective clubs, but not everyone knows everyone at games. However, a club’s biggest fan might be some guy who attends and pays at the gate every single match. However if it were limited to tickets bought online only, despite being the fans that never miss a match, we’d maybe get the knockback or told to get tae The Shire or Camelon because of the FK postcodes?

If fans that normally pay at the gate. And if it was to be St holders only. It costs less to buy a St over a season. Than cost of paying at the gate. Everybody wins. Club, money up front. Supporter couple of free games when cash admission added up. (at the rose anyway) 

2 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

If fans that normally pay at the gate. And if it was to be St holders only. It costs less to buy a St over a season. Than cost of paying at the gate. Everybody wins. Club, money up front. Supporter couple of free games when cash admission added up. (at the rose anyway) 

Uh-huh....? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔