EOS Grounds for Optimism

11 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Did not know of this website Genaro, so thank you for giving a link to it.

Just to say that Musselburgh do now have floodlights. They were installed a couple of months ago as part of the initiative to gain our SFA licence in 2020-21.

Maybe worth emailing the NLS admin to correct that info, even better if you can supply some updated photos of Olivebank as the current ones are from 2013.

2 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

Thank you Ginaro. I did not know Kennoway Star, Rosyth, and Kinnoull had got lights. Can Tweedmouth use the lights at Berwick in the league?

Rosyth play at a 3G cage. It's possible despite what NLS says, that Kennoway and Kinnoull have training lights, don't know when they last hosted floodlit games

Tweedmouth play on an adjacent ground but they did use Berwick's ground for a midweek game in December.

Edited by Ginaro

27 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe worth emailing the NLS admin to correct that info, even better if you can supply some updated photos of Olivebank as the current ones are from 2013.

Rosyth play at a 3G cage. It's possible despite what NLS says, that Kennoway and Kinnoull have training lights, don't know when they last hosted floodlit games

Tweedmouth play on an adjacent ground but they did use Berwick's ground for a midweek game in December.

Cheers again! I will get in touch with one of Burgh committee members, who deals with all media aspects for club.

Thank you Ginaro. Looking at that other website the lights at Kennoway Star and Kinnoull do not look very big. St Andrews have got lights like them on street lamps poles and not on the list. In the East of Scotland Premier Division Crossgates, Hillfield Swifts and Whitehill no lights.

35 minutes ago, Burmah Oil said:

Thank you Ginaro. Looking at that other website the lights at Kennoway Star and Kinnoull do not look very big. St Andrews have got lights like them on street lamps poles and not on the list. In the East of Scotland Premier Division Crossgates, Hillfield Swifts and Whitehill no lights.

I don't think those lights at St Andrews work, certainly not suitable for games at any rate. St Andrews were one of those clubs that met all the SFA Licencing criteria at back in 2018-19. but failed on the late introduction of the floodlight requirement.

EDIT: Whitehill are working on getting there's up.

Should be up in time for the new season. Not sure how far long in the process they are. Last update I remember was putting in the concrete foundations.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think those lights at St Andrews work, certainly not suitable for games at any rate. St Andrews were one of those clubs that met all the SFA Licencing criteria at back in 2018-19. but failed on the late introduction of the floodlight requirement.

Should be up in time for the new season. Not sure how far long in the process they are. Last update I remember was putting in the concrete foundations.

Last I saw they had the bottom section of the posts in, about 8-10 feet tall, so they must be very close.

I passed by Meadowbank yesterday and noticed the 4G pitch had been laid down with football markings.

The plans aren't suitable for SPFL so Edinburgh City aren't going back anytime but I wonder if Leith Ath will move back there.

23 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You're right FWF Saints lights don't work and to the best of my knowledge were never used for games. 

Kinnoull never played any games with lights last year. Did Kennoway or was that just being in the juniors? Or are the Kennoway lights not used now?

Good that Whitehill are getting lights up as well. Crossgates and Hillfield Swifts then and do they have lights in the pipe line?

3 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

Kinnoull never played any games with lights last year. Did Kennoway or was that just being in the juniors? Or are the Kennoway lights not used now?

Good that Whitehill are getting lights up as well. Crossgates and Hillfield Swifts then and do they have lights in the pipe line?

Last time I went to Kennoway it was a Wednesday night game and kickoff was very early (I think 6ish) due to a lack of lights. So it seems like they can't be used for games.

1 hour ago, Burmah Oil said:

So it defo was the lights at Kennoway dont work not just not them using them in the juniors? Would make sense they dont look very good in the pictures.

Camelon did a game last year with building site lights maybe a club could look at that for temp fix.

I wouldn't bother. Camelon were due to play Edinburgh City in the City Cup with temporary "building site" lights last year but the ref decided that they weren't bright enough to illuminate the goal areas (personally I'd seen games under dimmer lights back in the day but standards have improved)

21 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I wouldn't bother. Camelon were due to play Edinburgh City in the City Cup with temporary "building site" lights last year but the ref decided that they weren't bright enough to illuminate the goal areas (personally I'd seen games under dimmer lights back in the day but standards have improved)

Well they've since improved them and been granted their licence, so the licensing committee must think they're ok now.

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Well they've since improved them and been granted their licence, so the licensing committee must think they're ok now.

It was the sheltered area under the covered enclosure the referee didn't like with the building site lights, they looked fine to me.  Camelon now have permanent lights hence the licence

Excellent strides forward by the EOS clubs, having regular midweek floodlit games a real boost for the game in Scotland. hope the fans turn out in good numbers when we're allowed back in. Will try to do some more East clubs when I return North, can't wait ! Seen many games in England under crap lights, must have passed ground grading tests somehow 

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Excellent strides forward by the EOS clubs, having regular midweek floodlit games a real boost for the game in Scotland. hope the fans turn out in good numbers when we're allowed back in. Will try to do some more East clubs when I return North, can't wait ! Seen many games in England under crap lights, must have passed ground grading tests somehow 

Don’t rush up!!

At moment, league matches commencing on 10 June will be played behind doors! Hope sense prevails and the Scot Gov amend this rule!

17 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Don’t rush up!!

At moment, league matches commencing on 10 June will be played behind doors! Hope sense prevails and the Scot Gov amend this rule!

10th June? I hope not! 😂

Agree though - I hope common sense prevails and fans are allowed in. 

I'm glad Camelon have got their lights sorted- Carmuirs is a nice ground to visit.

I'm hoping to nip down south tomorrow to go to an EOSFL equivalent match. There's no reason why social distancing couldn't happen at most EOSFL grounds unless the football starved public of Scotland suddenly get a taste for watching Rosyth and Luncarty for example.