EOS Grounds for Optimism

On 21/02/2020 at 23:30, HibeeJibee said:

Hawick's fundraiser now bearing down on £1,400 with Blackburn Utd contributing £100.

In other news: Scottish Borders Council has granted £155k to Coldstream and Vale for floodlights.

https://www.bordertelegraph.com/sport/18228989.floodlight-celebrations-vale-coldstream/

Nice to see Coldy and the Vale get lights- given the Vale's pitch doesn't take the rain very well will the floodlights just be lighting a flood?!

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Haddington is making good progress in getting their floodlights up in advance of this week's Licensing Board meeting that will review the applications received.

Does the completed work need to be inspected/seen by the SFA Licence people before the deadline? Or will something in writing from e.g. the contractors do the job?

15 minutes ago, Dev said:

Does the completed work need to be inspected/seen by the SFA Licence people before the deadline? Or will something in writing from e.g. the contractors do the job?

I'd assume that their previous audit plus an assurance from the cub/installers that the lights are operational at the appropriate luminosity would be sufficient.  They may also be able to provide photographic evidence if required.

Existing members have until June/July?
I would expect they have till next February (2021)?

With the changes to the licence process to February licence board/SFA June is have thought that existing members would have to have any variance find during re-audit closed by February, just like new members.

Totally guessing there, but as it's an annual audit I would assume the same process applies?

Just now, gaz5 said:

I would expect they have till next February (2021)?

With the changes to the licence process to February licence board/SFA June is have thought that existing members would have to have any variance find during re-audit closed by February, just like new members.

Totally guessing there, but as it's an annual audit I would assume the same process applies?

The few comments i've seen around it has all been this summer. Because they're already licenced i'm sure it works differently, such as they don't have to go in front of the board to be accepted in anyway. Just pass their audit and everything carries on as normal. 

Vale of Leithen:" The SFA have confirmed that all licensed clubs will require to have floodlights from summer 2020. "

http://valeofleithen.co.uk/lowland-league/public-meeting-tuesday-12-nov-7-30pm-vale-club/

Whitehill Welfare: "SFA set deadline of 1 June 2020 for lights to be operational"

https://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/news/floodlights-update-2436919.html

Returning to reality... sad news from Gretna whose lights all fell in storm or were subsequently condemned for structural fatigue [emoji20]:

Sad news indeed. Will they be covered by insurance? [emoji2369]