EOS Grounds for Optimism

Strange time usual restrictions of noise or anything like that is 10pm. strange that its 9pm

Looking at the application it would appear Burntisland put the idea of these time restrictions in the heads of planning.

Their operation statement mention community use Monday-Sunday 4-9 and talk of when in club use to be off by 9 at the latest to allow for safe entry/exit. Perhaps they have shot too low trying to ensure they get approved.

I suspect they might be able to request a change in the restitutions, and even without they’d easily get away with blagging it over E.T/injuries/cool downs. Unless you’ve got a petty neighbour(unlikely given no objections) then planning don’t really care unless you rip the piss.

But without a fundamental change they’ll not get away with anything later than a 7.15 start. As mention 10pm cut-off and Saturday use shouldn’t be hard to get included as these are normally passed for other installations.

Not EOS, though a EOS FA club - Civil Service Strollers installing lights next month: http://www.csstrollers.com/2019/08/30/floodlight-update-work-to-commence-next-month/

Which leaves Vale of Leithen as the only LL club without lights - their next licence review is in December so presumably they'll have a year from then to get them installed. Though the way it's going they won't be in the LL by then anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
Crossgates put in new railings around their pitch and are fundraising to build covered terracing 

Also purchased a new Portocabin to provide disabled toilet and first aid room as well as a new snack bar. They are aiming for a licence. Been said a few times but more than worth repeating that the steps taken in such a short time after taking a year out is phenomenal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EISSV1wXUAEzn_Z.jpg
EISSV1wW4AA_qHA.jpg

Good to hear of the positivity at Crossgates and their own ground ambitions - commensurate with their capacity and means.

I'm right in saying that once their cover is in place the only teams without will be Kinnoull, Ormiston (not yet reinstated by ELC), Craigroyston, Inverkeithing and Stirling University EOS?

Also unthinkable until recently.

EDIT: Leith too (but only until can return to Meadowbank).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Crossgates are a great example of a smaller club grasping the nettle of licencing requirements and planning how they are going to achieve it.  It'll take time and a lot of hard work, but they have a plan and are giving it a bash.

Something those clubs still sitting in the Juniors mumping and moaning about "we'd never get licenced so we'll stay put" should take note of and show some ambition.

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Do all clubs in the EoS have a pie hut?

Had a good day at Tweedmouth at the weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed my pie and match programme.

Not sure who to visit next, but a the prospect of a pie and programme would probably sway me!

The Uni sides don't have a pie hut, not sure about Leith, Ormiston or Peebles. I guess most other's do.  Programmes perhaps not as common.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The Uni sides don't have a pie hut, not sure about Leith, Ormiston or Peebles. I guess most other's do.  Programmes perhaps not as common.

The Gannochy café isn't too bad though, if that's where Stirling Uni's second string are playing.

When I was at a Leith game at Peffermill last year their committee got pies at half time so try blagging yer way in!

Ormi do have a pie hut.

44 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The Gannochy café isn't too bad though, if that's where Stirling Uni's second string are playing.

When I was at a Leith game at Peffermill last year their committee got pies at half time so try blagging yer way in!

Ormi do have a pie hut.

Good to hear.

Blag my way in for HT hospitality? my good man, we don't stoop to such depths at Blackburn. Well, not all of the time........

13 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Good to hear, hopefully the Council cough up a replacement cover soon as well.

From what I’ve read on social media they have one in storage and intend on getting it up when they can. The committee are up against it though as many local people believe any change is bad - during the summer when they put up part of a fence apparently it was closing off the last place of peace in Ormiston for dog walkers! (The club replied saying it would only be locked on match days, but that wasn’t good enough for some). 

Apologies, rant over!

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Latest news from Westfield Park:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1428216757326928&id=198060623675887

Among other additions, pictures to come.FB_IMG_1572974032611.jpegFB_IMG_1572974035681.jpeg

Hate to quibble, but if you're in a wheelchair, wouldn't you have to be right at the near edge to see past the wall between the shelter and the terrace, while staying under the cover? 

Hate to quibble, but if you're in a wheelchair, wouldn't you have to be right at the near edge to see past the wall between the shelter and the terrace, while staying under the cover? 
Only if you want to look at the pie hut and toilets for some reason rather than the football park. [emoji846]

Can see the whole park seated from where the shelter is situated.

Aye, these must be behind the west goal, towards the north-west corner where you enter the ground?

Yep, that's right Hibee.

Here's an under construction pic taken a month or so ago from just outside the cafe, give a better idea of location.

IMG_20190810_110938.thumb.jpeg.a39067a6bbb5fb885f4de4441624d830.jpeg

16 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Yep, that's right Hibee.

Here's an under construction pic taken a month or so ago from just outside the cafe, give a better idea of location.

IMG_20190810_110938.thumb.jpeg.a39067a6bbb5fb885f4de4441624d830.jpeg

Ah I see, it's in the corner, thanks. Yet another smart wee piece in the jigsaw at Dunipace. Also, the new path - that's brilliant, I walked round there one soggy night and the ground was very wet in the corner. This gives good access to the best viewpoint on the grass banking opposite.