Jump to content
HibeeJibee

EOS Grounds for Optimism

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Marten said:

Some excellent work going on at Tweedmouth. They are clearly working towards getting licensed. Fair play to them.

We played down there second last game of the season and you could see all the hard work that was taking place

The club is run buy nice people good luck to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They improved on the field albeit not winning game(s) but performances improved 10 fold. Very resolute and defended well.

Again hard because local lads don't have the correct mindset but will struggle in my eyes to attract players unless the purse strings are stretched further. Previous manager was promised a budget and was shit on I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting as Crossgates have no intention of seeking a license. They are just delighted to be with the big boys in the eos premier.

Great achievement.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Interesting as Crossgates have no intention of seeking a license. They are just delighted to be with the big boys in the eos.

Keeping up with the Joneses partly and general upkeep I'd imagine. Even though they might not have licensing at the forefront of their mind, they're surrounded by those that do. So you're going to look at how you can compete on and off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just driven by Olivebank and it looks like Musselburgh have made further improvement's to the ground with improving the fencing. I understand they were quoted something daft (£120k+) for putting floodlights in. Hopefully the council are able to help them out a bit

Civil Service and Coldstream now have submitted plans for installing floodlights.

I could be putting 2+2 together the wrong way but both Girvan and Burntisland have had meetings with the SFP about facilities in the last 12 months too. Other than floodlights I can't think what other facilities they would be meeting about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Civil Service and Coldstream now have submitted plans for installing floodlights.

CSS: https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=POO389EWIT200

Coldstream: https://eplanning.scotborders.gov.uk/online-applications/caseDetails.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=POLOUCNTG3400 

Both meet entry lux levels, presumably getting approval won't be as much of a problem as Bonnyrigg with the houses further away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coldstream faced real issues getting planning permission to enclose the ground and erect an enclosure a few years ago. Many objections were lodged and a raucous public meeting ensued.

Eventually went to a postal plebiscite of every household in the community council area - result was 51% in favour, 49% against.

Hopefully the good citizens are more enlightened on lighting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a couple of photos I took of Old Shielfield when I was at the Berwick v Cove game on Saturday. Tweedmouth are certainly investing a fair bit in facilities. The ground is looking much improved from a year or so ago when I was last there.

2Lap7QX.jpg

nEHH9Gz.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Here's a couple of photos I took of Old Shielfield when I was at the Berwick v Cove game on Saturday. Tweedmouth are certainly investing a fair bit in facilities. The ground is looking much improved from a year or so ago when I was last there.

2Lap7QX.jpg

nEHH9Gz.jpg

Tweedmouth are a great club, an example that the team on the pitch is just a small part of what makes a brilliant club.

Part of me is still gutted they couldn’t get their old pitch at Ord Road under the viaduct up to scratch, good memories from there... 8)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Coldstream faced real issues getting planning permission to enclose the ground and erect an enclosure a few years ago. Many objections were lodged and a raucous public meeting ensued.

Eventually went to a postal plebiscite of every household in the community council area - result was 51% in favour, 49% against.

Hopefully the good citizens are more enlightened on lighting.

 

It should be more straightforward this time round, hopefully. There are already lights on the neighbouring full-size training pitch and some of them have been removed because they were actually too close to the touchline on the main pitch. Overall, there will be fewer pylons but in a different location if this goes ahead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tweedmouth saying that the guys who were the driving force behind the developments are now Chairman and Vice Chairman:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick work as all of Bonnyrigg's floodlight pylons are now in place: was going to dream up witty play-on-words about poles and rapid erections, but satisfy yourself with footage of the action:
 



D75YZikX4AYwwI5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 16:16, Ginaro said:

CSS: https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=POO389EWIT200

Coldstream: https://eplanning.scotborders.gov.uk/online-applications/caseDetails.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=POLOUCNTG3400 

Both meet entry lux levels, presumably getting approval won't be as much of a problem as Bonnyrigg with the houses further away.

Both have been approved. Suppose that leaves VoL, WW, Burntisland, Golspie, Wigtown, and Girvan as the only SFA members without plans in place for floodlights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see if the likes of Wigtown and Golspie have the resource and inclination to get lit. Obviously it's a matter of pride and heritage to be SFA members and play in Scottish Cup, and you get a couple of thousand £ prizemoney and some annual payments off SFA; equally nowadays such sides almost invariably lose in the prelims and lights cost tens of thousands of £, and neither seems to have any ambitions of moving up the pyramid (indeed Golspie aren't even in it).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Both have been approved. Suppose that leaves VoL, WW, Burntisland, Golspie, Wigtown, and Girvan as the only SFA members without plans in place for floodlights?

Heard WWFC got their hands on some lights several weeks ago so would imagine they plan to use them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't visited all the grounds but so far as I can see Tranent and Linlithgow come out top in terms of the viewing area for disabled people. A few of the grounds have set aside an area but anyone in a wheelchair might struggle to see the whole of the pitch, particularly when people are close to the barrier between the terrace and the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, John S said:

I haven't visited all the grounds but so far as I can see Tranent and Linlithgow come out top in terms of the viewing area for disabled people. A few of the grounds have set aside an area but anyone in a wheelchair might struggle to see the whole of the pitch, particularly when people are close to the barrier between the terrace and the pitch. 

WW have a wheelchair shelter area behind the goals to your right as you enter the ground.. Good view of whole pitch and despite it being grass banked, it's at the top and there is a path to take you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone got some shots of Jeanfield's lights?
That's the far side. That's off one light on each. There is 2 other lights on each pole facing the other direction which we use for training. These will be turned round.

20181213_192224.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...