EOS Grounds for Optimism

15 hours ago, Hertz1874 said:

No disputing vision off the park and a few good lads on it but if you don't match the vision of your gaffer and give them what you said they would get they wont get to that next level.

I did read your comments about what was going on somewhere else on the forum, did sound dodgy. Off the park though seems as if they really are moving forward as a club... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Not EoS, but I notice Mid Annandale posted on their Facebook page that their grandstand and toilets projects almost there with funding and hope to have them in place for next season.

When we were their for the cup final against bonnyton they were talkinot about improvements it was probably worst venue for a final I've ever been at

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jeek said:

Tweedmouth continue to improve at a rapid rate of knots.

Not trying to knock them in any way, just curious as to where the funding comes from?

Tweedmouth have always been run properly, good sponsorship and a great atmosphere...even if the team isn’t the best. We used to play there a lot in the Border Ams (Div C, 15 years ago!) and were always well catered for. A lot of loyal guys behind the scenes and an actual sense of community from the look of it.

On 11/05/2019 at 17:13, LongTimeLurker said:

The guy that was behind Duns moving to the EoS a few years back with lots of impressive ground improvements in place is with them  now?

All local lads who have dug in, one of the players auld boys owns a construction company and certainly isn't short of a penny. Neither is their goalkeepers auld boy.

Both investing heavily into the club. They've got more ££ than Berwick Rangers.

There is of course an irony in all of this: because Tweedmouth Rangers were moving to groundshare Shielfield Park until Berwick pulled out of the agreement at the start of pre-season. In the subsequent 12 months they have dusted themselves down and gone about redeveloping Old Shielfield - having been given an extra year by EOSL to get the minimum in place, although works are now gone well beyond that - while Berwick are about to drop into LL. Could even meet in the cups next season.

8 hours ago, Marten said:

Some excellent work going on at Tweedmouth. They are clearly working towards getting licensed. Fair play to them.

We played down there second last game of the season and you could see all the hard work that was taking place

The club is run buy nice people good luck to them

They improved on the field albeit not winning game(s) but performances improved 10 fold. Very resolute and defended well.

Again hard because local lads don't have the correct mindset but will struggle in my eyes to attract players unless the purse strings are stretched further. Previous manager was promised a budget and was shit on I believe.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Interesting as Crossgates have no intention of seeking a license. They are just delighted to be with the big boys in the eos.

Keeping up with the Joneses partly and general upkeep I'd imagine. Even though they might not have licensing at the forefront of their mind, they're surrounded by those that do. So you're going to look at how you can compete on and off the field.