• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
HibeeJibee

EOS Grounds for Optimism

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Actually when I was looking at the list of EoS clubs who are in the process of applying for a Licence, two names absent jumped out at me, Sauchie and Dunbar Utd.

Where's he list of applications. Maybe sauchie is the club going back to the juniors 

Where's he list of applications. Maybe sauchie is the club going back to the juniors 
There's a club going back to the Juniors? Why on earth would anyone do that?

16 minutes ago, gaz5 said:
43 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Some idiot said it a few weeks ago I'd doubt it.

There is a rumour a Boness Utd will be joining the juniors - formerly Linlithgow Amateurs.

Speculation and rumours.

True. Looked up Selkirk's planning application and they went for a system that gave 217 lux. If it turns out that smaller clubs like Burntisland, Coldstream and WW () need lights to remain licensed, then they could probably get away with lights similar to Penicuik which would surely cost less than Selkirk's £60k.
Doesn't it also depend on available power supply as to how much Lux is possible? I'm not really sure.

Impressed with visiting Tweedmouth today. Signage, tea bar serving food + drinks, spectator toilet block, dressing room cabin, committee room. Welcome improvements.

Impressed with visiting Tweedmouth today. Signage, tea bar serving food + drinks, spectator toilet block, dressing room cabin, committee room. Welcome improvements.

I agree however pitch is very poor

3 minutes ago, Jambob said:

I agree however pitch is very poor

Meaning playing surface - or the fact it's like a ski slope :lol:?

Edited by HibeeJibee

Drove by Penicuik park this afternoon and it looks to now be fully enclosed with smart blue screening.

I don't know if anything has been done with the toilets or wheelchair accessible shelter yet

Anyone any idea which clubs are planning on being Licenced in time for promotion/Scottish?

Blackburn's application is in for next months meeting, so fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

Drove by Penicuik park this afternoon and it looks to now be fully enclosed with smart blue screening.

I don't know if anything has been done with the toilets or wheelchair accessible shelter yet

Everything in place magnificent work done since the turn of the year well done to everyone involved 

I have no idea when the inspection will be for the license fingers crossed all is ok

That's great news and well done because on the surface I thought Penicuik had a lot to do.

I'll not get though to Sauchie in time after work tomorrow so might take in the game at Penicuik instead

Anyone any idea which clubs are planning on being Licenced in time for promotion/Scottish?

Would it be announced publicy following next month? There's was obviously the LTHV situation last year where it was known they had their license during their games against Kelty. However there was no public presentation until some time in the summer if I remember correctly.

Would it be announced publicy following next month? There's was obviously the LTHV situation last year where it was known they had their license during their games against Kelty. However there was no public presentation until some time in the summer if I remember correctly.
Well to be eligible for promotion the Licence needs ratified at first the Licence committee meeting and then SFA board meeting both of which take place mid-Feb. I believe the next Licence meeting is in June which would be too late for promotion but still gets you into Scottish.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Well to be eligible for promotion the Licence needs ratified at first the Licence committee meeting and then SFA board meeting both of which take place mid-Feb. I believe the next Licence meeting is in June which would be too late for promotion but still gets you into Scottish.

If a glut of clubs start getting licensed in mid-February it'd probably kick off again.

It has been easy to mock the EoS this year with Conferences and 'Diddy Cups'. That changes for those on the outside seeing the prospect of say Kelty + 2 other ex East Super League Juniors in the Lowland League, the EoS Premier and Scottish Cup entry in 2019-20. If they don't move this summer, they're just going to get stuck behind even further.

57 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Everything in place magnificent work done since the turn of the year well done to everyone involved 

I have no idea when the inspection will be for the license fingers crossed all is ok

The Penicuik manager was on Radio Saltire last Monday, mentioned trying to get up to the LL next season, sure I remember him saying it was being checked in a few weeks.

I assume the audit went well and everything else is order so there's no reason why your application for full membership should be declined?

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I assume the audit went well and everything else is order so there's no reason why your application for full membership should be declined?

That's about the long and the short of it I believe so fingers crossed.  Hopefully we're not the only ones.