• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
HibeeJibee

EOS Grounds for Optimism

Tweedmouth saying they'll need to do work to comply with EoS ground criteria this season - does anyone know the exact requirements? Thinking about what other East Juniors and perhaps amateurs would need to do.

Suppose Inverkeithing's ground can give us an idea of the requirements - railing around the pitch:

12 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Tweedmouth saying they'll need to do work to comply with EoS ground criteria this season - does anyone know the exact requirements? Thinking about what other East Juniors and perhaps amateurs would need to do.

Suppose Inverkeithing's ground can give us an idea of the requirements - railing around the pitch:

Good initiative from Tweedmouth.  Their problem I believe is that they have no facilties at their ground and players need to change in the main stand at Shielfield, and that is also where toilets etc are to be found.  They'll need to put in changing facilties and I guess toilets as well.  It was probably the reason they wanted to share with Berwick Rangers but this fell through.

Hill of Beath added new ladies/gents toilets, covered enclosure behind bottom goals and extended hospitality lounge.

Random question regarding EoS grounds - can anybody recall when (roughly) Sauchie moved from Fairfield Park to Beechwood Park?  I know Beechwood was drastically done up around 2003 but I was wondering when it was first used by the Juniors?  Cheers.

Random question regarding EoS grounds - can anybody recall when (roughly) Sauchie moved from Fairfield Park to Beechwood Park?  I know Beechwood was drastically done up around 2003 but I was wondering when it was first used by the Juniors?  Cheers.
They've been at Beechwood for as long as I can remember, wasn't even aware they played elsewhere in the Juniors.

They've been at Beechwood for as long as I can remember, wasn't even aware they played elsewhere in the Juniors.
They started off at Fairfield park. But I don't when they moved to Beechwood park. Before my time.

Can remember Beechwood being there from as far back as the mid-70s, so probably the early 1960s for when it was built. Sauchie became a junior team at that point. They were a juvenile club before that and I don't think Fairfield Park would ever have been acceptable for the east region juniors as it isn't enclosed. Different story if they had been in the Fife league as its standards were much more lax.

Newtongrange Star's New Victoria Park looks good. They have fundraised over £2000 for their licence application so can't be far away from meeting the entry level ground criteria - from their facebook page they said "We need to fully enclose the ground so you can’t see in from the inside. Make sure the ground is safe. Make a separate medical room"

Following tonight's draw Dunipace have announced their ground will reopen 1 week earlier than was planned, the curtainraiser being their Alex Jack Cup QF v Broxburn Athletic on Saturday 22nd September.

According to their Development Association FB page Newtown Park in Bo'ness will shut from April 1st, with work continuing till late August and reopening early September 2019.

Following tonight's draw Dunipace have announced their ground will reopen 1 week earlier than was planned, the curtainraiser being their Alex Jack Cup QF v Broxburn Athletic on Saturday 22nd September.

According to their Development Association FB page Newtown Park in Bo'ness will shut from April 1st, with work continuing till late August and reopening early September 2019.
Westfield is getting there. Latest photo from late last week, contractors expecting to be complete in the next week or so.FB_IMG_1536129136212.jpg

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Westfield is getting there. Latest photo from late last week, contractors expecting to be complete in the next week or so.FB_IMG_1536129136212.jpg

Should have got the first national cup game with Camelon midweek under the lights for the first game

Looks a bit Benburby - no cover or terracing on the other three sides?
That will come, old terracing on far side was knocked down and the land graded up to get rid of the spoil. This is only the first phase, there's more to come all around, including covered terrace (hopefully before end of the season). Most important was the park and surrounds for now, with the new portakabins also providing toilets does matchdays.

Park is bigger than Benburb as well, in terms of dimensions.

On 18/08/2018 at 12:59, LongTimeLurker said:

Can remember Beechwood being there from as far back as the mid-70s, so probably the early 1960s for when it was built. Sauchie became a junior team at that point. They were a juvenile club before that and I don't think Fairfield Park would ever have been acceptable for the east region juniors as it isn't enclosed. Different story if they had been in the Fife league as its standards were much more lax.

Boness united played sauchie 1969-1970 or1970-1971 not sure ,boness won 4-1pitch was like a public pitch dressing rooms were behind the goals,near a scheme best I can remember.

Don't doubt what you are saying, so that would probably place when Beechwood started to be used in the early 70s rather than the early 60s.  Guess the only way to find out for sure if the guy who brought this topic up is still interested in finding out more would be going through old copies of the Alloa Advertiser in a library somewhere.