Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
HibeeJibee

EOS Grounds for Optimism

Recommended Posts

There used to be a thread about ground improvements but it's either gone defunct or I can't find it.




Ormiston will hopefully move into their new ground soon once the pavilion is completed:

(Images) - http://www.ormistonfc.co.uk/

http://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/15180583.Historic_day_for_East_Lothian_football_as_club_to_play_last_game_at_their_current_home/




Heriot-Watt University are apparently starting work on their new grandstand which according to the EC planning website will seat about 400 in a double-sided arrangement. While not the biggest stand going it seems like it's going to have a pretty iconic 'concrete & glass' wave roof matching the adjacent Oriam dome:

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OCRQWGEW0GY00

(PDF image) http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/55A36116807061FACBCEF3FD95A3F7B2/pdf/14_02494_VAR4-VIEW_LOOKING_NORTH_FROM_PROPOSED_SPECTATOR_STAND-3411607.pdf

(PDF image) http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/A82D9BB9D2D636811F0E000BF71F4257/pdf/14_02494_VAR4-SPECTATOR_STAND-3411601.pdf




Kelty Hearts are building a 350-seat grandstand at the end of the season demolishing their smallest enclosure:

http://www.centralfifetimes.com/news/kelty/15542817.Kelty_given_stand_go_ahead/

DJoC0lqXoAI7hcl.jpg

C6BLFWyXQAIaSOF.jpg




LTHV who groundshare with Tynecastle had installed a toilet block and catering hut ahead of their Scottish Cup tie with St Mirren, didn't use them myself but saw them. According to interviews with their chairman in the buildup they expect the covered enclosures to be up by the spring. Exact capacity seems to vary between sources with 100, 120, or 150 all quoted:

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/propertyDetails.do?previousCaseType=Application&previousKeyVal=OYC11KEWJBF00&activeTab=summary&previousCaseNumber=17%2F04952%2FFUL&keyVal=02IMOG00DT000

(PDF image) http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/D0ADDB96C9BF3C3BEEA1EB236B79C73C/pdf/16_04506_FUL-03-COVERED_SPECTATOR_AREA-3422222.pdf




Leith Athletic move out of Meadowbank 3G after this weekend becoming tenants at Peffermill. Long-term they apparently hope to return to redeveloped Meadowbank Athletics Arena complex which will have 3G pitch and 500-seat grandstand:

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2017/09/new-era-for-meadowbank-stadium/

kIShLM7.jpg
news_4551.jpg




Peebles Rovers has announced funding to enclose and rail Whitestone Park to meet new EOSL criteria:

http://www.peeblesshirenews.com/news/15522440.Peebles_Rovers_net___10k_for_revamp




Anything elsewhere?

Edited by HibeeJibee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does EoS criteria stipulate that the pavilion is inside the ground? It's a long way away in Peebles case so Licencing might be a while off until that's resolved. Good first step though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Civil Service are licensed and the players take the long walk from the dressing rooms- i think as long as there's separation from the fans, as there is at Strollers, its fine. 

I hope Leith will be satisfied with a stand that ends at the racetrack finish line for the benefit of twatty athletic twats unlike the club who have put tens of thousands of pounds in ground rent into the Council coffers over 20 seasons.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/11/29 at 19:16, HibeeJibee said:

LTHV who groundshare with Tynecastle had installed a toilet block and catering hut ahead of their Scottish Cup tie with St Mirren, didn't use them myself but saw them. According to interviews with their chairman in the buildup they expect the covered enclosures to be up by the spring. Exact capacity seems to vary between sources with 100, 120, or 150 all quoted:

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/propertyDetails.do?previousCaseType=Application&previousKeyVal=OYC11KEWJBF00&activeTab=summary&previousCaseNumber=17%2F04952%2FFUL&keyVal=02IMOG00DT000

(PDF image) http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/D0ADDB96C9BF3C3BEEA1EB236B79C73C/pdf/16_04506_FUL-03-COVERED_SPECTATOR_AREA-3422222.pdf
 

Does that mean that they will be licensed in time to be promoted if they edge out Kelty this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah misread this when this was mentioned last week, had thought the Community grandstand was instead of the one proposed on other side of park. Not sure of a need for two stands.

Edited by gogsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Ah misread this when this was mentioned last week, had thought the Community grandstand was instead of the one proposed on other side of park. Not sure of a need for two stands.

There is if we get a plum draw in the Scottish Cup, the SFA are putting a stop to teams moving fixtures from their home grounds ie Bonnyrigg v Hibs. These plans will increase capacity to over 3500.

The Sports Lounge, Social Club and Managers Office Medway huts are getting to the end of their life and need replaced. They contribute so much to our income..

Now is the time, a once in a lifetime investment that will complete the works at the ground for decades to come.

Edited by kefc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kefc said:

There is if we get a plum draw in the Scottish Cup, the SFA are putting a stop to teams moving fixtures from their home grounds ie Bonnyrigg v Hibs. These plans will increase capacity to over 3500.

The Sports Lounge, Social Club and Managers Office Medway huts are getting to the end of their life and need replaced. They contribute so much to our income..

Now is the time, a once in a lifetime investment that will complete the works at the ground for decades to come.

Fair enough.:thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kefc said:

There is if we get a plum draw in the Scottish Cup, the SFA are putting a stop to teams moving fixtures from their home grounds ie Bonnyrigg v Hibs. These plans will increase capacity to over 3500.

The Sports Lounge, Social Club and Managers Office Medway huts are getting to the end of their life and need replaced. They contribute so much to our income..

Now is the time, a once in a lifetime investment that will complete the works at the ground for decades to come.

Looks nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kefc said:

There is if we get a plum draw in the Scottish Cup, the SFA are putting a stop to teams moving fixtures from their home grounds ie Bonnyrigg v Hibs. These plans will increase capacity to over 3500.

The Sports Lounge, Social Club and Managers Office Medway huts are getting to the end of their life and need replaced. They contribute so much to our income..

Now is the time, a once in a lifetime investment that will complete the works at the ground for decades to come.

It needs saying that clubs shouldn't be allowed to move matches in the Cup unless there it is absolutely essential,  it completely undermines the Licensing Process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Get the seats done in red + white so it reads "KELTY".

You know you want to ;).

Even better make them their actual colours maroon and white:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Even better make them their actual colours maroon and white:P

Must have the contrast turned-up too high on my computer, the seats look red in the photos and concept images - I did wonder!

That said the current social club is red, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HibeeJibee said:

Must have the contrast turned-up too high on my computer, the seats look red in the photos and concept images - I did wonder!

That said the current social club is red, isn't it?

As far as  I can remember its grey with the "band" with the lettering in maroon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marr1 said:

It needs saying that clubs shouldn't be allowed to move matches in the Cup unless there it is absolutely essential,  it completely undermines the Licensing Process

No one really moves big cup ties these days apart from Albion Rovers:thumbsdown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sugar daddy digging deep. Seems a bit overkill at the moment but if somebody wants to shell that amount of cash in then why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×