EOS Grounds for Optimism

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Any grounds within the Union Canal or Water of Leith routes ?

Edinburgh United, LTHV at Saughton and Tynecastle at Meggetland would be my guess.

I'm sure there's an old railway between Spartans and Craigroyston that keeps you off the road. I know you can get to Trinity/Newhaven

Edited by Spyro

7 hours ago, Spyro said:

Edinburgh United, LTHV at Saughton and Tynecastle at Meggetland would be my guess.

I'm sure there's an old railway between Spartans and Craigroyston that keeps you off the road. I know you can get to Trinity/Newhaven

That was my thinking as well. 

8 hours ago, Spyro said:

And Broxburn's Albyn Park has the Union canal running directly behind it 👍

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Cycle path mentioned there, wonder if there's any other grounds connected by a traffic-free route, that are as far apart as Crossgates and Dalgety Bay Sports Centre (~5.5km).

Camelon to Tynecastle could be done via canal path 🤔

On 12/10/2022 at 22:44, Ginaro said:

Cycle path mentioned there, wonder if there's any other grounds connected by a traffic-free route, that are as far apart as Crossgates and Dalgety Bay Sports Centre (~5.5km).

I think you can walk from Peebles Rovers to Vale of Leithen along the old railway 

There's also a cycle path from Bonnyrigg via Rosewell to the south end of Penicuik- not too near Penicuik Ath but not too far either 

36 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I think you can walk from Peebles Rovers to Vale of Leithen along the old railway 

There's also a cycle path from Bonnyrigg via Rosewell to the south end of Penicuik- not too near Penicuik Ath but not too far either 

Yes, but note that part of the walk is through the housing at Cardrona..........it's well signposted though.

Land sales paves way for LIDL supermarket & football ground in Rosyth

A new Lidl supermarket in Rosyth and a permanent ground for the town’s football club could soon be built after a five-year wait.

At a meeting of Fife Council’s cabinet committee on Thursday, councillors agreed to sell land north of Admiralty Road.

It paves the way for a new retail outlet after the plans were first lodged in 2017.

Rosyth FC had given up its Admiralty Park pitch at the request of Fife Council to provide land to site the new store.

Planning conditions attached to the development required an equivalent or better alternative football pitch to be provided.

However, with no suitable alternative facilities available, a stalemate has rumbled on leaving the club without a permanent home and struggling to meet its league obligations.

Now a contribution will be made towards the cost of the replacement pitch to be constructed at Pitreavie playing fields.

The full size synthetic pitch will offer a permanent base for Rosyth FC as well as offering wider community use.

Previously a grass pitch had been proposed at Fleet Grounds, the current home to Rosyth FC.

However with Fleet Grounds now confirmed as the location for the forthcoming multi-million pound replacement for Inverkeithing High School, the club’s future had looked uncertain.

Russell Craig, Rosyth FC’s vice chairman described the agreement as a momentous one for both the club and the wider community.

He said: “Finally we have light at the end of the tunnel of what has been a difficult five years for Rosyth FC.

“This agreement by Fife Council now allows us not only to meet all of our obligations for to the East Of Scotland League but also secures guarantees the long-term future of the senior club.

With plans for a new pitch that will be SFA compliant, everyone involved in the club can now breath a sigh of relief.

As a community club we also know that this agreement will finally allow for the Lidl supermarket to be built which is good news for Rosyth and makes used of out former Admiralty Road ground which has become something of an eyesore in recent years.

“We are grateful to everyone at Fife Council who has been involved in realising our vision for the club and helping to make those plans a reality.”

Russell said that he expects the club to make the move to Petrivie during the current season.

Fife Council leader David Ross also welcomed the move.

He said: “A number of elements have now come together which will provide a new Lidl supermarket for the town, improved sporting facilities, the ability to provide new housing and a preferred site for the replacement Inverkeithing High School.

“This is a good news for Rosyth and I’m delighted we’ve finally been able to take this complex sale forward.”

Pitreavie was where the Par had planned to build a training ground but as it turns out the land is owned by Masterton. But as the fleet ground will become part of the new Inverkeithing HS and they had failed so badly in the who original reason Rosyth deal, fingers crossed a proper ground is coming.

On 22/10/2022 at 22:14, patriot1 said:

Is pitreavie not in Dunfermline rather than Rosyth?

Yes. It's a bit of shame that they couldn't get somewhere in the town like the public park (or the civil service club), so there would be an astro pitch in Rosyth and the ground would be accessible to more people allowing them to be part of the community and attract more fans. Fleet grounds wasn't in the best place either but Pitreavie has a railway, motorway, business park and golf course separating it from any houses.

On 01/11/2022 at 07:52, 8MileBU said:

So much braindead vermin in society these days 😤 

Shocking - so many people give their time and money for the mindless few to trash their efforts. A great setup at Easthouses, hope it's all repairable and no further instances