EOS Grounds for Optimism

On 21/11/2021 at 15:33, HibeeJibee said:

Sticking to theme of clubs up in this neck of the woods that went defunct recently - what's the state of play with Ore Park in Ballingry and Coronation Park in Bankfoot?

Do amateurs use them?

Coronation park still looks as it did when Bankfoot Juniors played there but its an open public park so no idea how they would enclose it to meet the EOS regulations.

There are some images on google maps.

This picture was taken in 2016 and is from this blog.

img_1675-copy.jpg?w=616

Ore Park looked ok when I last passed, just needs scrubbed up. 

Dunno if it would be a better option for Lochore or not. I like their ground, great clubhouse and in the middle of town (albeit the wrong one!) but any more development may be tricky due to space and residents nearby.

I can't see any new teams emerging though, it's all ready seems saturated in that area tbh

8 hours ago, Spyro said:

Ore Park looked ok when I last passed, just needs scrubbed up. 

Dunno if it would be a better option for Lochore or not. I like their ground, great clubhouse and in the middle of town (albeit the wrong one!) but any more development may be tricky due to space and residents nearby.

I can't see any new teams emerging though, it's all ready seems saturated in that area tbh

There would be no benefit to Lochore moving from Crosshill to similar sized ground and facilities in Glencraig, which is more isolated for their limited fan base. 

I don't know if there are any amateur sides in the area looking for a new base, but the same issue of isolation would apply.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Partook of LTHV v Tynecastle today, and the additional grandstand at Ainslie Park is nearing completion - looked like only roof panels to go on. It has red seats for 250-300.

Rosyth has apparently started worked on their new ground at Pitreavie.

Good to see that stand getting finished it’s been a long time!

Not convinced about the new Rosyth ground could be as bleak as the Fleet Grounds.

I have had a look at the Rosyth plans on the Fife Council website. I hope there is more to it than shown, or that they already have EoS approval, because on the face of it the new set up is no better than the Fleet Grounds or, for that matter, Letham who were, of course, refused entry.

Edited by Dunfermline Jag

Another wee development taking place at Linton Hotspur. A wee shed is going up over by the dugouts.

Not a bad wee ground at all. Very scenic. Nice pies. Running water in the bogs. What more do you need?

(No idea if they have aims for EOSFL, I'm not remotely ITK. The ground is up to scratch, but I'm not sure the club has any ambitions of going up to that level. If Easthouses and Ormiston can...)19738ca2f3de4587607c35ffe52765dd.jpg

2 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Another wee development taking place at Linton Hotspur. A wee shed is going up over by the dugouts.

Not a bad wee ground at all. Very scenic. Nice pies. Running water in the bogs. What more do you need?

(No idea if they have aims for EOSFL, I'm not remotely ITK. The ground is up to scratch, but I'm not sure the club has any ambitions of going up to that level. If Easthouses and Ormiston can...)19738ca2f3de4587607c35ffe52765dd.jpg

One of work mates plays for hotspur

On 21/08/2022 at 07:47, LongTimeLurker said:

Another defunct club called Benarty had a ground called Dallas Doyle Park that was actually in Ballingry. The Midlands League would probably work better for a resurrected Bankfoot after what happened with Letham.

the dallas doyle park is used now by lochore castle afc on a sunday now m8 - there a crackin amateur team tae n a aways great a barry welcome up there onytime a go tae a game😉

On 05/10/2022 at 18:04, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

i have heard that they may go eos nxt season guys

9 hours ago, groundhopper 184 said:

i have heard that they may go eos nxt season guys

Got the facilities and committee, but not really the team unfortunately.

For years their team has got some borders players but increasingly has been made up of Penicuik and loanhead laddies that dont, for one reason or another, want to play with the penicuik or loanhead teams.

Getting a EOS standard team, would be a serious stretch.  

But if thats the plan, good luck to them.

Is being better than Harthill Royal and Hawick Royal Albert next season such a stretch though? Give it a couple more seasons after this one and the stronger West Lothian clubs will have moved on and the Third Division will probably be mainly traditional EoS clubs rather than ERSJFA ones.